What is "Mobb Shit" exactly?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

tweeze

East 27 mack e$O...
Jun 8, 2005
oaKlanD u.S.spray
70SAV said:
Wrong. Too $horts rapping did have a huge influence on the Mobb Sound creators but it was actually long before his first record. It was from the tapes that Short used to sell in Knowland Park and short didn't really have production at that point. He was still rappin' over instrumentals like Whodini's "Friends" (his Favorite) and "Five Minutes of Funk" as well as instrumentals by Spyder D (Placin' the Beat), and Jimmy Spicer ( Money-Dolarbill 'Yall).

By the way, if you're really tryin' to sound like you know, rather than Ant Banks (who came along later and also had a huge impact on bay area hip hop) you would do better to drop a name like Al Eaton (aka One Little Indian) who was Too $horts original producer.

http://www.onelittleindian.com/

WHATS THE SONG ON THIS PAGE THAT SHIT SLAPZ

SCROOL DOWN YALL

R8R

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
love the post...like it says in here, you put some real time and effort into your music and that shit will last forever. This is why all thos Mobb tracks you still listen to are highly sought after..

Mar 1, 2006
tweeze said:
http://www.onelittleindian.com/

WHATS THE SONG ON THIS PAGE THAT SHIT SLAPZ

SCROOL DOWN YALL
I'm not sure mayne that nigga Al been on so many joints It's hard to say. He definitely had an influence on MY production style. He had a full fledge studio back when I only had one Keyboard we used to go see him up in the Hills for advice - On some like Obi Wan type shit. If you notice his earlier work/style it was'nt quite as hard and tight as the Mobb Style. It was alot looser cause back when he started, I don't think sequencers were commercially available. If they were they were cost prohibitive and not a financially feasible option so every thing had to be played live. The fact He played these electronic instruments live is what gave his style more of an an early '80's R&B flavor to it.

P.S. I see your work Tweeze, now you're workin' with the real script. You younger cats should soak game from him and never just take a niggaz word for it. If you want the real you need to investigate on your own.

Dec 3, 2004
www.ap9online.com
70SAV said:
Wrong. Too $horts rapping did have a huge influence on the Mobb Sound creators but it was actually long before his first record. It was from the tapes that Short used to sell in Knowland Park and short didn't really have production at that point. He was still rappin' over instrumentals like Whodini's "Friends" (his Favorite) and "Five Minutes of Funk" as well as instrumentals by Spyder D (Placin' the Beat), and Jimmy Spicer ( Money-Dolarbill 'Yall).
i actually still have the cassette tapes that u and mosley gave me with too short rappin to those instrumentals. u and mike were like 13 or so and were already crafting that mobb sound on our shitty radio shack equiptment. i know for a fact that u were a huge influence on mike and rick and i'll always have the memories of u and mike inventing shit on the spot, doin shit that nobody had done before. little did i know that i was watching history in the making.

mouth_my_nuts

🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻
Feb 16, 2006
when i think mobb shit i think killa tay, lunasicc, KJ, AWOL....old e40, celly cel, cbo, hollow tip, mic-c, agerman,

alotta people like coughnut, imp, udi, rbl, all the groups wit tha initials haha, and 11/5

edit: dru down & the luniz also

Aug 7, 2002
11/5 rbl 3x krazy noh mafia killa hoe shit aint no fucking mobb music thats another type of sound that can't even be fucked with shit i'll even put brotha lynch hung in that category ....mobb music is music like e 40 c bo b legit and other shit i dont even listen to them not my type of sound

mouth_my_nuts

🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻
Feb 16, 2006
you're trippin carlos i remember when you came in on the siccness askin all kinds of stupid dumb questions in the blackmarket/siccmade forum...mobb music isn't just e40/b-legit just cause he always be sayin it.."mob music"...theres other mobb shit, just cause they dont say it in every song like 40 do

Feb 2, 2006
illmannered666 said:
whoah - AL EATON! That's going back...

if i recall correctly he remixed 4tays classic "playaz club" with a smooth laid back beat. i think it was on the tape maxi single :confused:

Aug 7, 2002
well i know other people that dont think that well thats u then if it's other mobb music i guess u can say that but i wouldn't put it with e 40 and them i like some music of his though

Dec 8, 2006
www.myspace.com
dj pimp said:
i actually still have the cassette tapes that u and mosley gave me with too short rappin to those instrumentals. u and mike were like 13 or so and were already crafting that mobb sound on our shitty radio shack equiptment. i know for a fact that u were a huge influence on mike and rick and i'll always have the memories of u and mike inventing shit on the spot, doin shit that nobody had done before. little did i know that i was watching history in the making.
MAN I BEEN LOOKIN FOR DAT OOOOLD SHORT SHIT

YOU CANT UP IT ON SICCNESS LOL 4REAL SHARE DA WEALTH

Dec 3, 2004
www.ap9online.com
I PROMISE I'LL POST IT AS SOON AS I GO BACK TO CALI AND DIG IT OUT OF THE CLOSET. I THINK I HAVE TOO SHORT DOIN 2 DIFFERENT SONGS TO THE INSTRUMENTAL "FRIENDS". "CUSS WORDS" IS ONE AND I THINK "FLAT BOOTY BITCHES" IS THE OTHER, BUT I'LL LET YALL KNOW AS SOON AS I GO HOME AGAIN

Apr 25, 2002

ugggh. perfect example of mobb shit. right on gts. mobb is the shit to bob your head to and wave your hand up and down in the air! haha. that old shit.

***im glad i caught this post on a weeknd gts. cuz if i checked it before work, i woulda been late cuz once you start the video, you aint gonna turn it off till the muthafucka is done! now thats mobb shit. no matter how much you llistened to the song before and know all the words, you aint gonna cut the shit off till its done. somebody turn off your radio while you listeneing? *FIST* right to the eyeball fashoooooo

Apr 25, 2002
how about a mobb muzik concert. all the classics only. lol. the artist will just be lipsynching because everybody in the crowd SHOULD know all the words