What ever happened 2 FTI?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
Every time this comes up I post the same shit... Nobody wants to do anything but make excuses for Tech about "adding shit to the definition", or they spew some bullshit he made up about what FTI meant.

Who gives a fuck anymore?

The only people who know about the original FTI thing are long gone from here. I see JL posted a bit about it, but I don't think the FTI thing was specifically aimed at the Juggalo crowd. They just happened to coincide with the Gathering and the Psy collabs.

"FTI in his music..."

WTF is that shit supposed to mean? That's stupid shit.

FTI WAS A MARKETING DECISION MADE DURING A TIME WHEN METALLICA AND RECORD COMPANIES WERE FIGHTING NAPSTER. It was a direct response to that and all the people telling record companies to go fuck themselves. Tech doesn't have shit to do with that anymore, and when he ever brings up FTI, he's handing you a line of shit.

End thread.
I don't mean to say it was directed at the ICP Crowd. They just naturally fell into it because they are a rebellious bunch and love anyone that says Fuck the Man. So, I agree with you there.

I am simply saying that the FTI movement had it's purpose and Tech knew it but he isn't there anymore in his career. Besides, in the end......NO ARTIST ......wants to Fuck The Industry.

Jul 14, 2004
Tech's music is still raw. Tech's huge success is w/out the help of mainstream.. SM appraised at 70 million.. So that is fucking the industry. More like raping the industry.

RTI!

Nov 14, 2002
Does "mainstream" even exist anymore?

All I know is the few and far between times that I hear local radio, it's all pussy pop music anyhow.

Who's to say what "mainstream" is right now, with the interwebs and all? Geek culture seems pretty "mainstream" now, so does that mean nerd-core rap is "mainstream" also?

May 7, 2008
^

I consider mainstream the music i see on the main radio/tv stations. The music i see 12 yr olds and housewives listening to because they rely on the mainstream media to give them there taste or music i see that has no skill involved and it just sounds like generic pop bullshit. The kinda music u see on those corny tv shows where the hosts try to really come across as "Cool" and "Hip".

or in some cases its when a good musician comes out of nowhere with 1 hit than on his next album sells himself out for some PG rated crap that wasnt anything like the style he originated with.. and the artist claims he "evolving" but it really isn't..

I think everyone has there own look on the mainstream.. so dont hate on it if u dont agree <

Mar 3, 2003
www.facebook.com
I honestly don't ever believe we'll see the day where Tech has a hit song being played on radio stations across the country. The day this happens-along with BET getting their heads out of their asses and actually play a Tech video on their station-is when I'll consider dude to be mainstream.

AlcoholicLoser

I drink a lot of beer
Jun 3, 2002
Oregon Coast
Ant Johnson LOVES his favorite rapper Tech N9ne!!

Says the fucking stan thats name is "Coat Hanga Strangla".

I swear I think some of you are just butthurt because Tech isnt "your thing" anymore. More and more people listen to Tech daily and it eats you faggots alive because you're not that cool anymore. Im happy as fuck for Tech to see him be this successful. Call it mainstream, selling out, or whatever you want. The album goes hard and is gaining new and old fans. So like I said in my 1st post....Quit your fucking crying, bitches.
Holy shit your retarded.... Why would I be mad that Tech isnt "my thing" anymore? If I dont like the music I just wont listen, Vary easy to do.
I'm glad Tech N9ne is gettin bigger and gettin the money he deserves, he been touring his ass off for years! Your just talkin out your ass and didn't know how to respond to my post so you just made up a bunch of rediculous 90's baby bullshit.
You sound like a lil stupid fuckin 90's baby sayin shit like "More and more people listen to Tech daily and it eats you faggots alive because you're not that cool anymore."
^^What that fuck are you talkin about? Everything you wrote doesnt make any sense and your a goddamn moron soundin like Carlos with your stupid ass posts. Go read a book, retard.

Jul 1, 2004
Holy shit your retarded.... Why would I be mad that Tech isnt "my thing" anymore? If I dont like the music I just wont listen, Vary easy to do.
I'm glad Tech N9ne is gettin bigger and gettin the money he deserves, he been touring his ass off for years! Your just talkin out your ass and didn't know how to respond to my post so you just made up a bunch of rediculous 90's baby bullshit.
You sound like a lil stupid fuckin 90's baby sayin shit like "More and more people listen to Tech daily and it eats you faggots alive because you're not that cool anymore."
^^What that fuck are you talkin about? Everything you wrote doesnt make any sense and your a goddamn moron soundin like Carlos with your stupid ass posts. Go read a book, retard.
Aww did I hurt your feelings pussy?

Nov 14, 2002
Oooooh! Good closing argument, there... Ended strong with the "moron/retard" one-two combo.

Aug 8, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
Wow a 10 day old post still on the first page. What has this forum come to?

When Tech originally started the FTI "movement", or as zer0 and a couple of others more accurately described it as a marketing campaign, he was tired of the same ol bullshit from record companies. He was tired of getting fucked over by Perspective, Qwest, Jcor, etc. And at the time he was with MSC, who inevitably couldn't sell Tech either, but had his first taste of mainstream success without compromising his sound or fan base. Now many Tech supporters from KC will tell you that Absolute Power was pretty much a mainstream album compared to his pre-angelic work that made Tech a regional star. That's a debatable point, but what's not debatable was that Tech badly wanted to enjoy the mainstream success that Nelly, eminem, Jay-Z and others had at the time. Tech wanted to sell a million copies, have videos on MTV, be invited to real award shows (not pitch weekly), but Tech wasn't going to give up his position of owning his music, giving into the mainstream radio games or letting executives tell him how to do his music. It was all so convenient that Metallica and the RIAA was suing everyone from napster to lonely housewives. Tech said download my music, for free!!! Who's not going to get on board with that? So fast-forward nearly a decade later, napster is dead, music is still easy to download, but companies like apple and amazon have perfected the digital music marketplace making it so easy and affordable for people to purchase music and support their favorite artists. Does Tech still say Fuck The Industry? Sure, but please go to best buy and purchase the deluxe version of my new album or order on iTunes and get 3 bonus tracks with the album. It's still FTI to the no talent suits making money off artists, but here is $10 of strange bucks with purchase of my cd. It's all marketing, it's knowing what your fans want and delivering.