What ever happened 2 FTI?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 10, 2006
honestly, i remember tech always shittin on the industry...even had a movement called "fuck the industry". now he seems as involved in the industry as anyone. whats wit that? what happened 2 the movement? how u go from fti to makin tracks obviously aimed at the commercial masses? i'm still waitin on the day tech releases another banger on the level of "rellish"...no hate here, i been down wit tech n i still am...i thought KOD was classic n All 6s n 7s wasnt bad (aside from the over-saturation in commercial appeal)...i fux wit dude music, but why the sudden change in mindset and musical direction?

Mar 12, 2006
how u go from fti to makin tracks obviously aimed at the commercial masses? All 6s n 7s wasnt bad (aside from the over-saturation in commercial appeal)...
I'm not even a huge fan of All 6's and 7's, but I was extremely surprised at how not mainstream it was. Aside from the names of the features, none of the album was aimed at the mainstream.. The Gates Mixedplate was WAAAY more radio friendly than the new disk..

Aug 10, 2006
^Your a fuckin faggot and need to remove Tech's nutsack from your chin... Dude asked a good question, Even though Tech N9ne has been makin some mainstream songs since Absolute Power.. What ever happened to F.T.I.?

real recognize.....and i liked a lot of "all 6s n 7s". but to deny that a portion of the album was made for commercial appeal is pretty damn silly. song in ur sig is a classic tho, along with a few others on the album.

Nov 17, 2006
It was 10 years ago. People change, situations change..

As much as we all seemed to love his "FTI" mentality, you need to remember that it was mainly a marketing ploy. He couldn't become popular through video and radio, so he decided to create a fanbase by shunning the industry. Now, the industry is showing him love, he'd be stupid to turn down more exposure and more opportunities just to stay true to something he created a long time ago.

Remember that Tech never wanted to be underground, that's just the route he had to go. His sound has changed some over the years, but that's what almost all artists do.. and he hasn't altered his sound enough for him to be considered a sell out either.

Dec 14, 2005
Fuck being underground, Techs still killing mostly every verse and making his own style of music. Why should sewer dwellers like you be the only ones to hear it? Shiiit, your guna tell me Mental Giant is mainstream? Whos guna put out a song OR video like THAT besides Tech?

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
FTI did it's job.

It brought the Insane Clown Pussy's crowd to Tech's music. ICP is the ultimate "FTI" crowd so Tech did it right when he started yelling that and grabbing their fans by the thousands.

Tech's music does 1 thing that ICP's can never do. That is grow and mature.

Mar 3, 2003
www.facebook.com
FTI did it's job.

It brought the Insane Clown Pussy's crowd to Tech's music. ICP is the ultimate "FTI" crowd so Tech did it right when he started yelling that and grabbing their fans by the thousands.

....except FTI wasn't geared toward ICP's fanbase specifically. That was a general thing. Some Juggalos latched onto Tech even before that. Others, yea, when FTI popped off. And ICP did more or less "grow and mature." But to the extent where they can still do the type of music their fans expect from them.

Wish I could've propped dude few posts up. FTI resulted from Tech not getting a "fair shake" or a a chance to get mainstream. He always wanted $$$, always wanted too be a big name heard all over. The exception is he didn't want to change his style. The AP download campaign was as innovative as it was a desperation tactic (from losing $ by trying to get radio play he ultimately couldn't get).

And far as A6&7 being mainstream leaning....naaaaw. Everready is a fave among alot of Tech fans and THAT album sounds more mainstream. That, TGMP, and Sick 101 are probably the most mainstream sounding Tech joints in terms of beats and content (with Gates being first).

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
FTI did it's job.

I agree 100%. ICP tried to go mainstream just like Tech is doing right now, about 10 years ago actually, and it didn't work. lol They got played on MTV a few times and fizzled out. Tech has a lot more skill as an artist, and the ability to cross-over from doin' East-Coast to West, Midwest, ect. That gives him more versatility on tracks and the artists he works with. I think some of this new campaign will grab a lot fans for him just like "FTI" did, although I find some of it kinda stupid, such as "The Pledge". lol

Jul 14, 2004
FTI is in his music.. Check the lyrics & production. Its all there. No mainstream. Even B.ob. changed his voice to be down w the sickness. Absolute Power was more mainstream than All 6s & 7s.

Aug 10, 2006
absolute power still had the raw tech sound and didn't cater to the commercial masses, with songs such as the one with T-pain....i agree, tho, the mixtapes had commercial shit as well, but i wouldnt really consider those albums. killer and everready also had commercial cuts, but those are my least fav tech albums. (still bump em, just not on the level of calm b4 the storm or the worst)