What Drake know about Mac Dre..?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Drake DOES suck...whiny off-beat cupcaking rapper even WITH the autotune. "thats when ur the prettiest i hope that u dont take it wrong" makes me want to jab a fork in my eye! lets alone "ohh yeah thats right im doiinnn me im doinn me" that shit is fucking terrible!!!!!

edit: and the production sucks too!! when did ambulance noises and sirens become beats?
damn Dubb - usually I agree with most of your opinions, and you never have come off as a straight hater...im suprised at this post though. Drake is best thing going in the mainstream right now. And its only the narrow minded cats that think if you get one song on the radio that the masses like you are "weak". Mainstream has a lot of whack shit in it (underground has even more if you ask me), but Drake is a breathe of fresh air. Dude gets hated on cuz he makes universal music and doesnt kill 100 people in every song.

ps - And you really dont HAVE to like Drake. I dont like a lot of rappers, but if I dont like them, you wont see me in a post typing paragraphs about my dislike for them.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
what makes u like or not like a rapper?
being a siccness internet gangster who's way too hood to listen to anything on the radio makes people not like Drake

no, honestly if you don't like him, you don't like him

but nobody has denied the fact that he has more skills than a lot of the rappers they listen to

there's plenty of rappers I might not like, but at the same time I can recognize talent... I think a lot of these guys don't understand what makes rappers talented, when it comes to the more technical aspect of rapping

a lot of rappers (a lot who many siccness members probably listen to) are EXTREMELY simple when it comes to rapping... they comes with some straight nursery rhymes, but the fact that they have a thugged out image and street cred makes it cool to listen to them

judging a rapper's flow, rhyme schemes, and delivery is somewhat more objective than saying whether or not you like their music, which is completely subjective obviously

at the end of the day, people are gonna like what they're gonna like... if you honestly think Drake is a terrible rapper, I'm not gonna change your mind... so whatever...

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I fuck with some mainstream music if that shit slap I don't hate on good music but to me Drake is weak as fuck.
it's all good then

I just think people who really LISTEN to what rappers say and LISTEN to how they structure their rhymes and put their lyrics together can recognize and appreciate the way Drake does it

people who don't give a fuck about rappers being even somewhat lyrical and just wanna hear some mob shit over a hard beat... obviously Drake is not for them

to each his own

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
At first I didn't want to like Drakes music. I automatically labeled him as another teenybopper ass rapper. I have to admit he is pretty fucking talented, even if he's just writing. Now it even makes sense how Lil Wayne went from the shithead runt on the Hot Boyz to the number one artist in America almost overnight, someone started writing his fucking rhymes. Now I don't listen to Drakes music other than whats featured on Rhapsody or a drop on a website so I am not a follower. But I have heard enough to realize this dude is worthy of his exposure. One thing that also separates this dude far from most is that his music isn't full of bullshit gangster stories where like most artists spit nonsense about what they are not or could never be. Most of his shit is just clever punchlines and hooks.