What does the WWE need to do to be dope again?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 9, 2002
i can tell you a lot of things i think are wrong...here we go.

1. there are no jobbers on tv anymore. every match you watch on tv these days could have been easily a ppv grudge/match back in the day. if all the wrestlers are constantly wrestling eachother week in and week out somebody has to win or lose each time. so by the time the ppv actually comes its no steam anymore its just a matter of which wrestler wins the fourth or fifth meeting of these two guys. its a weak build up for a climax in my opinion. imagine if hogan and earthquake would have fueded or had matches on superstars or wrestling challenge every weekend what would have made the ppv any different.

2. wrestling doesnt have any kind of mystery to it anymore. part of that is due to the internet and the spread of information. but i mean honestly we can look up whats going to happen on a raw event or even find leaked information on upcoming plans of what direction an angle is going to go before it even unfolds. we even know who has signed to wrestle before they make an appearance. imagine back then if you knew sgt slaughter yokozono or earthquake were coming in 6 months in advance you coulda held a sign up in the audience and warned hogan lol. but to make my point even the camera going back stage has killed the mystery. part of the excitement of wrestling was not really knowing what was going on backstage. sometimes now you can see wrestlers walking around out of character, standing around, all huddled up..its like a total insult to the whole wrestling tradition to me. i mean how more insulting can it be for 3 people to have a private conversation in a dressing room but a camera man is there...how is that conversation private, how is a fan suppose to take that, its just insulting. whats even more insulting is the flip flopping back and forth of mixing in storyline shit with real life shit. like when vince supposedly died, then he comes out saids his death was storylined and beniot was real. i mean imagine watching your favorite tv show if they could go back and change something or make somebody come back alive that had died on the tv show a week before because the ratings are going down now. i mean come on you just expect fans to keep watching after you manipulate shit at your convienence.

3. this leads to my third point. once you've been through 50 tables, took 4 chairs in a match, what the hell is a head lock or a basic finishing move suppose to do. i mean damn back in the day the ddt was a one hitter quitter now thats just a move you do casually and then the person gets up ready for more. so i guess once the basic moves and fundamentals of wrestlign dont mean anything than the only thing you can do is what vince has been doing which is use women, sex, unrealistic storyline and just nonsense period. thats part of the reason why the belts dont mean shit. to be real with you what is the point of even holding the world champion belt. its become a meaningless title that just switches hands by the months. to me it seems like everybody is even and everybody is beatable at anytime....

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
^great points, I agree they need more jobbers but not too many that its like superstars and wrestling challenge was back in the day where there was only one decent match every show. The jobbers should have character though like Charlie Haas whos actually a way better wrestler than he will ever get any credit for or Santino whos basically a Jobber with the IC belt.

They do need to put the IC title in a higher bracket than its in right now, it used to be a big deal to be IC champ now they give that shit to anybody and pass it arund like a cheap whore its sad.

Oct 6, 2008
nothin will ever beat the attitude era, DX, the rock, austin, mankind, kane. all the betrayals. wrestling is only gonna get worse. nowadays, its gettin to the point were censorship is a big part of y wrestling sucks. to many little kids watch it for everyweek bein a hardcore match with everyone beeatin thye hell outta whoever with every weapon under the ring. if u realy think about everything thats gone-harcore matches, hardcore title, use of weapons, tits "accidentally" bein shown, evening gown matches, shit like that u know wat i mean. censorhip censorship censorship. thats y it sucks nowadays. back then it use to appeal to alot of people. it still does, but alot of the older people that use to watch it dont nemore. it markets to little kids know n it'll prolly only get worse.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I think the fact that the WWE is a publically traded company that makes wrestling suck. They can't take the guys who sell the t-shirts and turn them into super heels because it might affect profits. So the same guys will be in the same roles forever, they can only turn someone who isn't a big tshirt seller like jericho. I don't ever see them making John Cena, HHH or batista a heel anytime soon. they don't care though if you watch the tapings vince is still filling the arenas and getting tons of PPV and merchandice money

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
TAKE IT BACK TO DOING THINGS LIKE IT WAS IN 1985-WRESTLEMANIA 8!.......THATS THE TIME AND THE ERA WHEN WRESTLING,..WAS WRESSLIN!...WHEN THEY CARED ABOUT THE SPORT INSTEAD OF PROFITS AND WACK ASS CHARACTORS WITH NO CHARISMA!

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
i can tell you a lot of things i think are wrong...here we go.

1. there are no jobbers on tv anymore. every match you watch on tv these days could have been easily a ppv grudge/match back in the day. if all the wrestlers are constantly wrestling eachother week in and week out somebody has to win or lose each time. so by the time the ppv actually comes its no steam anymore its just a matter of which wrestler wins the fourth or fifth meeting of these two guys. its a weak build up for a climax in my opinion. imagine if hogan and earthquake would have fueded or had matches on superstars or wrestling challenge every weekend what would have made the ppv any different.

2. wrestling doesnt have any kind of mystery to it anymore. part of that is due to the internet and the spread of information. but i mean honestly we can look up whats going to happen on a raw event or even find leaked information on upcoming plans of what direction an angle is going to go before it even unfolds. we even know who has signed to wrestle before they make an appearance. imagine back then if you knew sgt slaughter yokozono or earthquake were coming in 6 months in advance you coulda held a sign up in the audience and warned hogan lol. but to make my point even the camera going back stage has killed the mystery. part of the excitement of wrestling was not really knowing what was going on backstage. sometimes now you can see wrestlers walking around out of character, standing around, all huddled up..its like a total insult to the whole wrestling tradition to me. i mean how more insulting can it be for 3 people to have a private conversation in a dressing room but a camera man is there...how is that conversation private, how is a fan suppose to take that, its just insulting. whats even more insulting is the flip flopping back and forth of mixing in storyline shit with real life shit. like when vince supposedly died, then he comes out saids his death was storylined and beniot was real. i mean imagine watching your favorite tv show if they could go back and change something or make somebody come back alive that had died on the tv show a week before because the ratings are going down now. i mean come on you just expect fans to keep watching after you manipulate shit at your convienence.

3. this leads to my third point. once you've been through 50 tables, took 4 chairs in a match, what the hell is a head lock or a basic finishing move suppose to do. i mean damn back in the day the ddt was a one hitter quitter now thats just a move you do casually and then the person gets up ready for more. so i guess once the basic moves and fundamentals of wrestlign dont mean anything than the only thing you can do is what vince has been doing which is use women, sex, unrealistic storyline and just nonsense period. thats part of the reason why the belts dont mean shit. to be real with you what is the point of even holding the world champion belt. its become a meaningless title that just switches hands by the months. to me it seems like everybody is even and everybody is beatable at anytime....
Agreed. I just want to add a couple of my own

1. Revamp the tag team division. Hart Foundation, Demolition, Strikers, LOD, Natural Disasters, Rockers, etc. You see what I'm getting at here? The tag division in the wwe is DEAD.

2. Stop recycling the same gimicks over and over. Chris Masters? That was Narcisist (Lex Luger.) Carlito? Razor Ramon all over again. Morrison? Failed HBK.

3. More turns and story arcs. This falls completely on the writers.

4. Let em do their moves. When was the last time you saw someone in the WWE get a regular piledriver? Exactly. There are several moves now the company won't allow, but they need to go back to the old ways.

5. The new no blood policy. Whether you thought the blood was fake or real is besides the point. The point is if a nigga gets bashed with a chair, and he leaks, so be it.

Feb 21, 2003
here is what i would do:

1) Change the gay ass music they have now. That new shit "whooaaaa" or whatever it is is fuckin gay..bring back the old raw music they had from 1998-2002, that shit was dope and it really got you pumped up to watch RAW..

2) End the brand extension. Put all the wrestlers back on both shows and make that shit crackin like it used to be. As for ECW, either kill it or let Paul Heyman run it cuz he knows what the fuck he's doing.

3) Make RAW and SD have BALLS again. Running both shows with a PG rating isnt going to help your 18-35 demographic. Most parents dont want their 8 yr old kid watching fighting (real or not), so theyre not going to let them watch it alot.

4) When having wrestlers cut promos, get rid of the bullshit. I know for me, personally, it insults my intelligence and makes me feel stupid watching wrestling when I see grown women walking around saying "I'm the most dominant diva in the wwe," or grown men talking about how theyre going to beat so-and-so just to get a cheap pop. Allow the wrestlers to cut their own promos, like how austin, the rock, dx, etc were allowed to do during the attitude era because they sounded GENUINE, not as if they were reading from a script.

5) Push Kane to the moon. Why this man has only had the WWE title once (the ECW title doesnt mean shit anymore), and hasnt had it since he took his mask off is absolutely criminal. I remember when he took the mask off they had to lead him to the ring in chains because he was so insane, and thats the stuff they need to do with him again. They botched his unmasking by having him look totally different the next week on RAW, so they should make him that unstoppable, supernatural monster again.

6) More backstage/outside segments. During the attitude era, you had wrestlers fighting each other on bridges, vehicle attacks, Austin fighting Booker T in a supermarket, and even kane and undertaker fighting in a morgue. These skits brought alot of creativity and something new to the show. They need to bring these back!

7) For the love of God, get rid of Michael Cole. I dont need to say anymore.

8) Turn the Undertaker heel and move him to RAW. Hes been a face the entire time he went back to the deadman character. Hes really good as a heel and the Ministry was one of the top 5 stables of all time in my opinion. I would create a new Ministry with Taker, Kane, the Boogeyman, and re-sign Gangrel and Viscera. I would move John Cena to Smackdown to compensate for the loss.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I don't think wrestling will ever be as entertaining as it used to be. Once a guy gets popular enough he can never be a heel cuz it hurts tshirt sales. WWE needs to flip it and make it cool to root for some of the bad guys like they do for guys ilike edge who will probably come back as a big time face player when he returns.

Jan 23, 2006
there is no get back , i think it was only good because i thought it was real. i dont know when you started watching wrestling, but i was young and that shit seemed real as hell to me thats why i liked it. soon as i found out it was acting/fake and the winner was pre planned it was a wrap for that show