What does the WWE need to do to be dope again?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 5, 2004
Or is that even possible.

Personally I think the late 90s were just so damn dope that it will never be topped.

Back then you HAD to watch Raw every week. Every match.

The last time I probably watched an entire Raw or Smackdown was like 2004. :(

May 16, 2002
less diva search, million dollar giveaway, etc. bullshit.

more pure wrestling and storylines. actually story lines that build up threw more than one payperview... seems like they forgot about continuation now a days.

they also need to give more credibility to the mid carders again. build up the intercontinental contenders and tag division. right now that shit is uninteresting.

shit, there is so much broken in the wwe right now imo... but ill never stop watching LoL.

May 16, 2002
less diva search, million dollar giveaway, etc. bullshit.

more pure wrestling and storylines. actually story lines that build up threw more than one payperview... seems like they forgot about continuation now a days.

they also need to give more credibility to the mid carders again. build up the intercontinental contenders and tag division. right now that shit is uninteresting.

shit, there is so much broken in the wwe right now imo... but ill never stop watching LoL.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I agree with drawing out the storylines more, the best thing they have going right now is HBK and Jericho.

Too many pay per views, I think vince would probably make more money if he put on a couple of solid PPVs a year like back in the old days like one every 2-3 months and replace the wack in the middle PPVs with specials like Saturday nights main events or WCWs Clash of the Champions. I'm sure Vince would rake it in with the advertizing and more people would tune in and draw more PPV sales for the real events by putting more into the storylines. If they just kept the Rumble, mania, summerslam and the Survivor Series and put on TV specials like a month before the PPV dropped that would whoop people up more

Feb 8, 2003
Naw they need to drop the storylines bc thats whats fucking it up. remember wrestling in the 80's and 90's did=dnt have the detailed storylines they just had the lil segment shows(pipers pit, funeral parlor, brother love show, snake pit) where someone gets ambushed and thas what generated the feuds.

Anyway Wrestling will never be the same as it was so yall can just forget that bc they got a new chemistry new talent everything so its gonna be a new product

Feb 8, 2003
I agree with drawing out the storylines more, the best thing they have going right now is HBK and Jericho.

Too many pay per views, I think vince would probably make more money if he put on a couple of solid PPVs a year like back in the old days like one every 2-3 months and replace the wack in the middle PPVs with specials like Saturday nights main events or WCWs Clash of the Champions. I'm sure Vince would rake it in with the advertizing and more people would tune in and draw more PPV sales for the real events by putting more into the storylines. If they just kept the Rumble, mania, summerslam and the Survivor Series and put on TV specials like a month before the PPV dropped that would whoop people up more

He doing tehm ppv to amek enough money to pay all his wrestlers, remeber they get paid by the shiows & match. and theres way too many employees to have less ppv they will end up bankrupt

Oct 10, 2004
www.myspace.com
shit aint been good since the saturday nite manevent days... I never liked wwf since.. hurrache is right its fucked and they done bought all the good shit out... They even bought the rights to all the old classic wrestling so you cant even really see that.

Jul 24, 2008
Take more time to build storylines and have PPV caliber matches on Raw.
End the Brand Extension and fire wack wrestlers. Have one World Championship...

Nov 5, 2004
Anyway Wrestling will never be the same as it was so yall can just forget that bc they got a new chemistry new talent everything so its gonna be a new product
Sad but true.

I think they should have the same rosters for both Raw & Smackdown. Just get rid of the wack ass wrestlers.

Me personally, I started to stop watching when they seperated Raw & Smackdown.

No matter how weak or how sick their storylines were, it was a lot easier when u saw them twice a weak instead of once.

And more dope shit like TLC tag matches and arena hardcore matches on tv, and I would watch a lot more.

Here's the real question....U think WWE got lazy once their main competition, the WCW, was no longer in the question? I think so.

Cuz the late 90s when they were in direct competition with WCW is when they pulled off all the stops.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
IDK wrestling is still entertaining to me, Raw is slumping but Smackdown has gotten a hell of alot better. Combining the shows and cutting the roster down might be a good idea, get rid of ECW completly. Vince killed the concept maybe keep the title give it another name. They should bring the cruiserweights back

Feb 21, 2003
Take more time to build storylines and have PPV caliber matches on Raw.
End the Brand Extension and fire wack wrestlers. Have one World Championship...
Couldnt agree more with that bruh..

the brand extension has been fuckin weak and i cant believe its lasted 6.5 years already..cuz of it, for example, we never got to see brock lesnar feud with evolution, or hbk, or numerous others..and that goes for several other wrestlers who never got to face each other..

I'm hoping that since wwe just unloaded about 10-11 contracts this week that MAYBE they're lowering costs so they can unify the company again but i doubt it, probably just looking to rake in more loot..

Hopefully the momentum that TNA is building will continue, and unfortunately, I dont think Vince and the creative team will wake up until TNA steals away an orton, or a benjamin, or a lance cade, or any other young smackdown/ecw wrestler..even then that might not be enough since the wwe wants to be more family friendly in their programming; I mean, RAW is now PG, and Smackdown is G, give me a break!!

*on a side note*

I remember how happy I was back in 2003 or so when Vince Russo was signed back to the creative team, and the hopeless despair I felt when he was let go 3 days later because he pitched some great ideas that the creative team loved, but Stephanie didnt..:ermm:

What a fuckin moron she is; I mean, could you imagine Russo working with Paul Heyman (when he was there)?? that would be some interesting tv..:angry:

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
TNA is absolutly horrible though, theres no way they will ever be able to compete with the WWE. All the guys they got from the WWE aren't really much of a loss to the WWE brand, life went on after WWE lost, Booker, Angle, Christian and all the other guys who were bitter at vince and jumped ship. Unless TNA really takes off all those guys careers are basically sunk

Jan 18, 2006
yeah ive been thinking all along id wish they would only have one championship belt and all the wrestlers wrestle on both shows. If they need to get rid of some so be it. They some how need to make the intercontinental title as meaningful as when Bret Hart had it and some others.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
^ co sign on the IC belt, at one time real notable people held the title and had solid title reigns, now they pas that belt around like a cheap hooker and give it to the first new guy who ends up in mid carder hell after like a year. Same with the US belt that ain't really worth shit anyways. Another vote with combining the shows and dumping alot of talent on all 3 shows

Feb 8, 2003
^ co sign on the IC belt, at one time real notable people held the title and had solid title reigns, now they pas that belt around like a cheap hooker and give it to the first new guy who ends up in mid carder hell after like a year. Same with the US belt that ain't really worth shit anyways. Another vote with combining the shows and dumping alot of talent on all 3 shows

All I know is Santino is a digsrace to that Ic tittle. He established himself as a joke of the wwe. but hey when the the only big show(wwe) with no real competition in your league you can do whatever you want bc theres no where else for the viewers to go. Bc TNA tv isnt interesting one bit its teh poor mans version of WCW nitro. They did put on a great house show when I went.

Jul 24, 2005
competition the wrestling industry need an soild # 2 org and right now tna is not it I in the next couple of years ring of honor get an tv deal