What does DESIGN mean to you?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
Nobody???

I was just asking, because I don't consider most of the stuff I see on here as design. One of my best homies is a product designer, and really got me into this design shit...

Jan 10, 2003
So you dont consider Graphic DESIGN, Design? What are you talkin about, and this is the ART forum, not the DESIGN forum anyway. What are you like a clothing designer?

Graphic Design
Interior Design
Fashion Design
Web Design
Industrial Design
Architechtural Design

The approach that engineering (and some other) disciplines use to specify how to create or do something. A successful design must satisfies a (perhaps informal) functional specification (do what it was designed to do); conforms to the limitations of the target medium (it is possible to implement); meets implicit or explicit requirements on performance and resource usage (it is efficient enough).
A design may also have to satisfy restrictions on the design process itself, such as its length or cost, or the tools available for doing the design.

Jul 15, 2002
www.dankmobb.com
Nobody???

I was just asking, because I don't consider most of the stuff I see on here as design. One of my best homies is a product designer, and really got me into this design shit...
Dictionary: design (dĭ-zīn')

1. To conceive or fashion in the mind; invent: design a good excuse for not attending the conference.
    2. To formulate a plan for; devise: designed a marketing strategy for the new product.
  1. To plan out in systematic, usually graphic form: design a building; design a computer program.
  2. To create or contrive for a particular purpose or effect: a game designed to appeal to all ages.
  3. To have as a goal or purpose; intend.
  4. To create or execute in an artistic or highly skilled manner.

Ill have to disagree w/ you. IMO the word design takes on many meanings.