What are you planning on adding to your studio?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
http://www.listeningarts.com/music/general_theory/species/menu.htm

Its basically this thinking that, harmony is derived from the intersection of multiple melodic lines. 2, 3, 4. Sure you can make a single melody line, but can you make another line that is in itself entirely independent but at the same time harmonious with the first line.

I don't like how people say, here ill just use a I chord here, and a V here, that really only gives the vertical aspect of music, you need the horizontal aspect as well, and thats what counterpoint helps you with. Check out the link up top, and learn to read music and understand harmonic and melodic principles, you'll make better music then any of these two finger melody making beat makers.

Once you know the principles and rules well, you can figure out what happens when you break them, and its only then when youll realize music potential.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
i took back my POS dell and am getting an Imac, taking sonar back and gonna swap it for logic. get me some shit thats guarenteed to be stable with eachother

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
Got the mac and everything is smooth as silk, wish i got this in the first place, Maschine is kind of a different kind of workflow but im getting a hang of it. Reason 4 is the shit was better than 3. Hav licensing problems with the artura analog plug in but the midi controller is kickin ass.

Finally got the focusrite saffire 40 working and man that s=thing sounds like shit lol. My 100 dollar audiophile sounds way better and it only got 16/44.1 output coming out of the speakers. I think i got a bad unit or something. You could tell hella power was getting pumped through but it didnt sound clear but the drivers looked like they were blasting. That shit would have blown my speakers out, i'm ditching this piece it was overkill anyways.

Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
^ Those are dope though... I was going to get those a while back.
They go for $499 @ Guitar Center, $599 on M-Audio site, but we copped 'em for $407 (for the pair) @ Guitar Center (They price match).

We have them set @ half volume and they are about to blow the windows out, lol. VERY clear in quality, and definitely kick the shit out of the KRK 8's. In fact, the dude told us people were dumpin' their KRK's and buying the fuck out of those BX8a's. Every time we've been to Guitar Center they had none in stock.

Apr 25, 2002
they hit mad hard but when u mix bass and u hear them on other systems you will find big holes. i suggest not using them as your main monitor if u can take them back and spend the extra $200 get a pair of HS80s instead they are a much better monitor
Eh, I'ma cop a couple Yamaha HS50M's and use those to even shit out. So far, I've mixed 3 R&B songs and they sound clean as fuck in every stereo I've put 'em in. So we shall see when I dive into other tracks how they come out.

Oct 20, 2008
I got the bx8a's about 6 months ago. Get this, i got them for 300 flat on amazon, brand new and came with a warranty. They do the job for that amount. Im gonna work on gettin another pair to AB my mixes but these will do for now.

Apr 25, 2002
I got the bx8a's about 6 months ago. Get this, i got them for 300 flat on amazon, brand new and came with a warranty. They do the job for that amount. Im gonna work on gettin another pair to AB my mixes but these will do for now.
I love 'em. We did my first album on some KRK 8's, and in my opinion these BX8a's fuck those up somethin' terrible.

Jun 9, 2005
www.kevwestbeats.com
Eh, I'ma cop a couple Yamaha HS50M's and use those to even shit out. So far, I've mixed 3 R&B songs and they sound clean as fuck in every stereo I've put 'em in. So we shall see when I dive into other tracks how they come out.
they sound damn good u r right. but the test of a good monitor isnt always how they sound but how ur mixes u did on them sound everywhere else. everyone ive met with those monitors hate them after about a year. so for the extra 200 beans i was just suggesting a monitor thats 20 times better and preferred every engineer ive spoken with. the hs 50s are cool too but they dont have the bass you need to mix well and the bx 8s have too much bass for an accurate mix but in the end its up to you. i hope they work out for you.

Jun 9, 2005
www.kevwestbeats.com
One of my dudes worked @ Guitar Center for a hot minute...he let me know what was moving and why. That's what happens when you ask questions before you decide what to buy...lol.
u really trust cats at guitar center? i dont. they are just looking to put something in ur hands that will put more commission in their pockets and a lot of them have no clue as to wtf they are talking about in my experience.

Apr 25, 2002
u really trust cats at guitar center? i dont. they are just looking to put something in ur hands that will put more commission in their pockets and a lot of them have no clue as to wtf they are talking about in my experience.
Naw, I don't trust dudes @ Guitar Center...this was one of my boys for hella years. I wasn't there buying shit, I was there checking out a bunch of shit and visiting my boy, and I asked him what the big deal with the BX8a monitor was...so he told me what he was experiencing as a cat that worked there. He wasn't trying to sell me anything.