What are some artists that are keeping hip hop alive....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 18, 2008
Without that auto tune bullshit or like Jerkin/dancing type shit....

For me it would be.....

Nas
common
ludacris
Jedi mind Tricks
The Jacka
Tech n9ne
eminem
living legends
murs

Just to name a few.....

hip hop is getting worse n worse

Jul 29, 2008
GOTTA GO UNDERGROUND BRO......SLAUGHTER HOUSE ....I KNOW SAV SICC AND BLEEZO FROM MY LABEL ARE DOING IT.....PRETTY MUCH ANYTHING THAT ISN'T RADIO MAINSTREAM TRASH....ITS OUT THERE

Jun 22, 2007
Without that auto tune bullshit or like Jerkin/dancing type shit....

For me it would be.....

Nas
common
ludacris
Jedi mind Tricks
The Jacka
Tech n9ne
eminem
living legends
murs

Just to name a few.....

hip hop is getting worse n worse
Yet you have the song One More Drink as your sig with T-Pain in it, singing that autotune bullshit....

Apr 25, 2002
Really there's only been a couple artists lately who have really been keeping me in the game when it comes to Hip Hop:

Atmosphere - Everything they come out with is refreshing, new sounding, generally positive, with a good mix of storytelling and rhyme patterns. Three years ago Atmosphere was just a blip on the radar in my mind, but they consistently make tight music, and they consistently release new music so its nice they arent shelved like other rappers.

San Quinn - From A Boy II A Man was a very tight concept album, doing the whole album completely sober during the day time, venturing away from a lot of the lies and BS you hear on most gangster Hip Hop CDs. Not even his best work, but cool to see an artist say forget about what other people think, Im going to do this one with me being me.

J Stalin - Its awesome to just hear RAW talent in the game and LiveWire's sound is raw. Unpolished and not perfect but EXACTLY what is needed to pass the torch from generation to Generation.

Oct 18, 2008
Really there's only been a couple artists lately who have really been keeping me in the game when it comes to Hip Hop:

Atmosphere - Everything they come out with is refreshing, new sounding, generally positive, with a good mix of storytelling and rhyme patterns. Three years ago Atmosphere was just a blip on the radar in my mind, but they consistently make tight music, and they consistently release new music so its nice they arent shelved like other rappers.

San Quinn - From A Boy II A Man was a very tight concept album, doing the whole album completely sober during the day time, venturing away from a lot of the lies and BS you hear on most gangster Hip Hop CDs. Not even his best work, but cool to see an artist say forget about what other people think, Im going to do this one with me being me.

J Stalin - Its awesome to just hear RAW talent in the game and LiveWire's sound is raw. Unpolished and not perfect but EXACTLY what is needed to pass the torch from generation to Generation.
J-stalin is koo atmosphere is really good....

But i havent been feeling san quinn in his latest music....But he still dope

Jul 29, 2008
^^^NOT TO DO A SHAMELESS PLUG BUT IF YA WANNA HEAR SOME HIP HOP THAT IS NOT OVER-SATURATED WITH THE SWAG / AUDIO-TONE MOVEMENT CLICC THE LINK IN MY SIGNATURE....THESE CATS ARE KILLING IT BIAS ASIDE

Feb 5, 2006
Any artist that actually works hard at the music they create and doesn't kick bullshit like "I ain't really a rapper, I'm a trapper/hustler". Any artist that can rap without runnin out of breath after 2-3 songs and don't need a playback that you can hear more than the person on the mic. Any artist that don't have 50-100 non rappin ass niggas rappin over each other 2 hide the fact that they're wack.artist that tells the truth on their songs and knows the difference between that and bullshit. Any artist comfortable enough in their own skin to not pick fights/talk shit with a smirk, knowin the gorillas they pay 7000 dollars a day will save 'em from gettin their ass whupped or killed.

Jan 27, 2004
who is jedi mind tricks? or did u mean they use jedi mind tricks to get u to listen to music you really dont like? that makes more sence than an artist with that name