WEEK 2 : Dallas Cowboys @ San Francisco 49ers

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 12, 2006
SAN FRANCISCO OFFENSE: It's not common that Alex Smith would have the edge over a secondary, but that appears to be the case in this instance. Dallas has so many injuries at corner that they spent Tuesday afternoon signing guys off the street.

As long as this game is close and the 49ers can stay two-dimensional with Frank Gore as a threat out of the backfield, they should have some success moving the chains. With Mike Jenkins, Terence Newman and Orlando Scandrick all potentially out, there won't be anyone to match up with Braylon Edwards. And then there's Vernon Davis going over the middle of the field.

If, however, San Francisco falls behind, the Dallas pass rush will be able to tee off Smith. I don't trust San Francisco's offensive line to block DeMarcus Ware, Anthony Spencer and Jay Ratliff in long-yardage situations.

Feb 14, 2004
If Seattle can contain Gore(22 rushs for 59 yards), I think Dallas should be able to do so with ease without going by that chart.

Jan 12, 2006
If Seattle can contain Gore(22 rushs for 59 yards), I think Dallas should be able to do so with ease without going by that chart.
49ers defense held lynch to 33 yards does that mean a better Steelers defense will hold him to 15 yards this Sunday??? You can only contain a back like Gore for so long. If they cowboys want to stack 8 in the box every play like the shehawks did then it will be up to alex to take the challenge and air the ball out with accuracy to his wrs who will have one on one coverage.

May 9, 2002
49ers defense held lynch to 33 yards does that mean a better Steelers defense will hold him to 15 yards this Sunday??? You can only contain a back like Gore for so long. If they cowboys want to stack 8 in the box every play like the shehawks did then it will be up to alex to take the challenge and air the ball out with accuracy to his wrs who will have one on one coverage.
So in other words, the same game plan against the "shehawks" that netted the 9ers a whopping 209 yards of offense? Good luck with that...

Jan 12, 2006
So in other words, the same game plan against the "shehawks" that netted the 9ers a whopping 209 yards of offense? Good luck with that...
Harbaugh was coaching to win the game. Why would he risk throwing a pick when the game had clearly turn into a battle of field positioning, a battle our punter and ginn were clearly dominating. He was also satisfied with the way our defense was destroying your offense. If ginn doesn't return that kickoff I'm sure the 49ers would of opened up the offense but since we never were put in that situation the offense didn't need to put them self at risk. It's not like we were ever playing from behind, we started the game up 16-0.

Feb 14, 2004
49ers defense held lynch to 33 yards does that mean a better Steelers defense will hold him to 15 yards this Sunday???
Yes, or possibly less. I don't even need to point out as to why I think that, it should be evident.

You can only contain a back like Gore for so long. If they cowboys want to stack 8 in the box every play like the shehawks did then it will be up to alex to take the challenge and air the ball out with accuracy to his wrs who will have one on one coverage.
Alex Smith got 124 passing yards Vs. a D that isn't as good as Dallas' D.