Weeds - Thread contains SPOILERS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
That would not be a good end to the series. There should be one more season and that's it. A full season though, none of this 8 episode Entourage bull shit.

I'm with I Pukokeki though, they should have ended it a long time ago.

emma

Sicc OG
Apr 5, 2006
Showtime finally renews 'Weeds' for Season 8

Fans of the Botwin Crime Syndicate have been waiting a long time for this news: Showtime has finally renewed "Weeds" for an eighth season.

Showtime announced the "Weeds" renewal on Thursday (November 10), a month and a half after "Weeds" wrapped up its seventh season with the usual series redefining cliffhanger.

The actual renewal wasn't surprising. "Weeds" remains Showtime's highest rated comedy series, earning three Emmy nominations for star Mary-Louise Parker, as well as a 2009 nod for Outstanding Comedy Series. The surprise was the delay, given that "Weeds" had been airing in tandem with "The Big C," which earned its third season back in early September.

But that's all in the past.

"Weeds" is now set to return to production in 2012 on 13 additional episodes, presumably following up on the assassination that may or may not have ended the last season, as well as the blended family that may or may not be together long-term.

http://www.hitfix.com/articles/showtime-finally-renews-weeds-for-season-8

AlcoholicLoser

I drink a lot of beer
Jun 3, 2002
Oregon Coast
Thats cool, i've been watchin the show since the first season and i'd like to see Weeds do 10 seasons. I agree with some of yall that some episodes are kinda lame but overall it's still one of the best shows on tv. conrad needs to come back though

Apr 25, 2002
It's Official: Showtime Cancels Weeds, Season 8 Will Be Show's Last

http://tvline.com/2012/06/13/weeds-cancelled/

Showtime has pulled the plug on the long-running pot dramedy; the show’s upcoming eighth season will be its last.
“There were two shows, Weeds and Dexter, that really got Showtime taken seriously for cutting-edge original programming,” Showtime entertainment president David Nevins told EW.com, which broke the news. “How they get brought home is really important. In this case, both for the sake of the two women behind the show [series creator Jenji Kohan and leading lady Mary-Louise Parker] and an audience that’s really invested in the show. TV fans love nothing better to complain about how shows end and we really want to end this one the right way.”

Weeds’ farewell season premieres Sunday, July 1.

Aug 20, 2006
FLA
i just started watching and idk why yall are hating so much. i thought every season was good and they all had some really good cliffhangers. last weeks episode was probably my least favorite from the series so far.

May 9, 2002
i just started watching and idk why yall are hating so much. i thought every season was good and they all had some really good cliffhangers. last weeks episode was probably my least favorite from the series so far.
Season 3 ending was where it should LOGICALLY cut off...but no, this is the US, where every goddamn show gets ground into crap. Thet need to take notes from UK programming.

Dec 12, 2008
Roseville , Ca.
I been watching since the start off & on & it seems the writing this year is weird . Shane is heading for Prison or life on the run I think IDK ? but his acting this year is off ? . Andy is great / the sister too It keeps me entertained but there have been way better seasons . Good show though .