WEC 41 Faber vs Brown 2

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Mike Brown Vs. Urijah Faber 2

• Urijah Faber Via KO

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Urijah Faber Via TKO

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Urijah Faber Via Submission

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Urijah Faber Via Decision

• Mike Brown Via KO

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Mike Brown Via TKO

• Mike Brown Via Submission

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mike Brown Via Decision

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 7, 2006
Date: Jun-7-2009 9:00 PM ET
Event Type: Versus - Live Event

Mike Brown Vs. Urijah Faber 2 Featherweight title match

Urijah Faber
The California Kid
5'6"
145lbs
22-2-0
Team Alpha Male
Submissions ability, strong takedowns, and lighting-fast hand speed
Last 3 wins: Jens Pulver, Jeff Curran, Chance Farrar
Only Losses: Mike Brown, Tyson Griffin

Mike Thomas Brown
5' 6"
145lbs
21-4-0
American Top Team
Good wrestling, Punching Power and Strong Submission skills
Last 3 wins: Leonard Garcia, Urijah Faber, Jeff Curran
Last 3 Losses: Masakazu Imanari, Joe Lauzon, Genki Sudo

Toro

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2006
www.myspace.com
Faber a sav, didn't see his lose against Brown but seen him win plenty of times. How did Brown beat him? I've only seen the commercials where he's pushing him down and shit.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
they were trading standing up and Faber bounced into the cage face first and tried to jump backwards and throw an elbow, as like a bait the guy in kind of move, but he jumped right into Brown's fist and went down.

May 17, 2004
im going to this event. ill be sitting 10th row cageside. cant wait.
hope faber pulls it out but with browns power hes always one punch away from him winning.

May 2, 2002
Thats a tough one. I'd like to see Faber get the belt back, but somethin' tells me Mike Brown will have a successful title defense. It'll be a good fight nontheless.

Aug 31, 2003
www.ebay.com
Even before Faber did that ill advised elbow bounce off the cage he couldn't take Brown down to save his life. Brown is a better wrestler and at 145 has some nice power .. also don't think Brown is besides stinking a fight up to win a decision by control.

Apr 26, 2002
Even before Faber did that ill advised elbow bounce off the cage he couldn't take Brown down to save his life. Brown is a better wrestler and at 145 has some nice power .. also don't think Brown is besides stinking a fight up to win a decision by control.
Agree naner. Looked like brown caught faber a couple times before that and stunned him a little. Brown is a beast. His head movement isn't too good standin up, to me, that's his ONLY flaw. fold

Dec 9, 2005
Brown's timing (striking) is impecable.

Dude has some major pop too. Very underrated fighter, you don't hear to much about this guy but he's a beast.

I'll be rooting for the local though ! Faber by decision.

May 6, 2009
Mike Brown has some heavy hands, but Faber just made a mistake the first fight going for the spinning back fist, or elbow whatever it was. I think he'll get the belt back.

Feb 7, 2006
Faber: 'Belt is Just a Bonus'
videolink: http://www.sherdog.com/videos/recent/Faber-Belt-is-Just-a-Bonus-2002
When Urijah Faber takes to the cage to rematch WEC featherweight champion Mike Thomas Brown, the coveted title will be the furthest thing from Faber’s mind.

Sherdog.com’s Greg Savage caught up with the former champion to discuss his second clash with the current 145-pound ace.

Feb 7, 2006
WEC CHAMP MIKE BROWN KNOWS HE CAN BEAT FABER

World Extreme Cagefighting featherweight titleholder Mike Thomas Brown dethroned then champion Urijah Faber at WEC 36 on Nov. 5, 2008, defeating "The California Kid" to capture the title, but he had a hometown crowd on his side in Hollywood, Fla. – American Top Team's backyard.

When they rematch Sunday at WEC 41, it will be in Faber's stomping grounds of Sacramento, Calif., but Brown is used to entering enemy territory and is more confident than ever heading into his second title defense, facing the former champion, again.

"I'm motivated more. I've been training better, that's for sure. I've been training better and training all the time. I think my confidence has gone up since that fight," Brown told MMAWeekly.com. "Where maybe before I was like, 'I don't know. I don't know. I think I can do this.' Now, I think I'm more of positive mind and know I can do it. My teammates always knew it. They always knew what I was capable of. I didn't always believe in myself. I'm at that point. I train with good guys and I know what I can do."

Brown's confidence may be at an all time high, but the American Top Team trained fighter remains humble and understands the nature of the fight business.

"I know I have to pull something out. It's not going to be easy. I'll be happy with a five-round split decision, that's for sure," admitted Brown. "He's got a great record. The guy is 22-2. If he was 3-3, I'd still be nervous. The guy has put away a lot of great guys. I just know how it is. You have to be on that night. It's a crazy game and that past fight is well behind us and it doesn't matter. The only one that matters is the next one.

"I'm confident in each fight. I'm well-rounded. I'm not afraid to go anywhere."

Discussing fighting Faber in California with a hometown crowd on his side, Brown commented, "The only time it matters is if you have a close decision because it can influence the judges' heads, the cheering and stuff like that. In a five-round fight, there's plenty of time to pull away or put someone away, so hopefully it doesn't come down to a close decision.

"We're definitely a fight that could go the distance. We're both in good shape and are good wrestlers that can take a punch. It's possible, but I doubt it. I haven't gone five rounds yet."