Warriors going after Elton Brand

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 10, 2002
Now that I think about it... The Warriors had a true PG last year and STILL didn't make the playoffs... Maybe Cut Throat's right. Maybe no PG is the way to go, lol

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
Dion..i am a warrior season tix holder so i got to see at least 30 games up close and personal and i will tell you this that Baron gave the rock up A LOT last year...he derfered to Monta or Jackson so he could play with out the ball..hence there gay high post offense against the zone..the only time it was gaurenteed to stay in his hands was if they needed a bucket in crunch time...thats what the warriors are gonna miss most...cuz unlike Jax, who is willing to take the big shot but really isnt strong enough to finish inside, Boom can get to the rack draw contact and still get his shot up...

May 10, 2002
In this particular context, being there doesn't mean you're seeing anything different than me. In the second half of the season, BD did defer to Monta and Jack. Probably more to Monta though because he was on fire after the All-star Break.

BUT ...

What happened when BD had to get a breather and Stephen Jackson had to run things? Traveling violations, drives into 8 dudes and getting the ball stolen, or Jacking up an 18 footer after 62 jab steps or a pick and pop with Harrington and a bad pass to a fan in the good seats.

What happened when BD had to get a breather and Monta had to run things? If the first thing that they want to run isn't there, no one knew what to do...

Not saying this was all the time, but you came to expect that shit when BD wasn't in the game. Why do you think he played so many minutes and Don Nelson was always talking about how he needs to find ways to get him a breather?

You could also tell that BD was wearing down a bit and wasn't trying to push it to the brink because he wanted to complete a full season without an injury. Gotta factor that in as well