VOCODER / ROGER EFFECT

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
YOUNGMOE said:
the vocoder is difficult, i agree...but with the proper annunciation(something i very much need to work at, but it's an attainable goal) and an EAR for melodies(yes an ear...you don't have to be a champion keyboar player to get a good melody...MULTI TRACKIN FOLKS...nothin wrong with it at all)

so i say...get a vocoder

tho i haven't used a talk box...
If you want a sound like 3XKrazy "Keep It On The Real", use a vocoder. If you want a sound like Roger Troutman, use a talkbox.

BTW, being filthy (or even good for that matter) on a vocoder or talkbox does require an amount of ability to play. Simply being able to hear melodies & harmonies doesn't mean much if you don't have what it takes to translate that on an instrument. Multi-tracking won't help much.

BIG J

Sicc OG
Apr 26, 2002
I ordered a Banshee, Thought I'd try this shit out, and to have one on hand if anyone needs it. It should be coming in the next few days. Are the Tubes replaceable?

Aug 12, 2002
You can get a replacement tube from any hardware store, which I reccomend if you let others use it. It's just clear vinyl tubing.

-=bumpus=-

BIG J

Sicc OG
Apr 26, 2002
^That's what I figured, I know someone else is gonna want to use it, I just don't want to get sick. Good Shit Bumpus, Thanks

Apr 26, 2002
I just got mine yesterday, shit sounds tight. It's not even hard at all to do, took me about 10 minutes to get used to it, You just talk without actually sayin' the words. When I was fuckin' with it, my pops showed me some old records with Joe Walsh and Peter Frampton bustin' out the talkbox.
Hella fun to fuck with, ima Practice some more, and next week, I'm gonna use it on a track with a buddy of mine