VGF's Random Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 24, 2003
i tihnk itd be cool if they had an engine with these graphics and used it for things like the weather

they could manipulate each particle of rain to be able to move with the wind and imitate weather 100%

it could be amazing in terms of adding unparalleled ambiance

also imagine the facial expressions you could pull off with these graphics. the ability for NPC's to communicate emotion would be on par with real life.

Aug 24, 2003
detective shit is huge
people LOVE shit like law & order and CSI and all that shit

what about a detective game so realistic you can actually recover particles of hair or pieces of sand from a criminals shoe to prosecute them with? lol, or bugs out of the radiators, or DNA from microscopic particles of blood

theres got to be a lot of money to be made right there. LA noire seems pretty popular among the casual gamer / mature crowd... itd be LA noire on steroids

sorry for rambling about nothing i just think its interesting to think about what games might be like 10 years from now. hopefully they dont just release an updated PS3 /xbox360 and expect people to play that shit for 5+ years like they are now. id like to think shit would evolve beyond what we can think of right now

Aug 24, 2003
That was pretty damn incredible and innovative. I agree that the polygon shit should not be around in 2012....i mean, really?
exactly, and i think they even pointed it out in the video

you have a top of the line computer or a 'next-gen' console running the most advanced game out there, incredible graphics. then you see the same sprites all over the place, shitty looking trees or cactus that only look good from the front.
shit should be unacceptable at this point

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
I think you should just wait and see what thread gets hella traffic this fall/winter. A lot of people seem to be jumping off the CoD train before the game even drops this time around.

STICK

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2005
GameFly gave me a free month.

Here's all the emails that led to it. I bolded the main email near the bottom, which may have been the 'breaking point' for them doing something.

STICK said:
I've been playing through God of War Collection for about the past month. I beat God of War, and am nearing the end of God War II and it keeps freezing at a certain cutscene near the end. Up to this point, there had been a few other freezing and loading issues as well. I want to finish the game, but I also feel like sending the game back, and waiting for the replacement, beating it and sending it back fairly quickly isn't getting my full value for the month paid. Is there any way you can ship me a replacement for God of War Collection, as well as another game in my queue so the turnaround will be negated? Thanks for any assistance in resolving this matter.
GameFly said:
Hello,

We are sorry to hear that the game, God of War Collection, was unplayable. We do inspect every game prior to sending out to our members to avoid this situation. Unfortunately, it appears that we either missed this one or it was damaged in transit.

Because you are currently on the 1-Game plan, we're unable to ship another game as well as a replacement. We will have a replacement copy of God of War Collection sent to you. If the same title is not currently available, we will send you the next available title in your GameQ to minimize the time you are without a game. Once a game is shipped, we will send you email notification.

Please return the unplayable copy promptly in the game sleeve it arrived in. We apologize again for the inconvenience.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.
STICK said:
Ok, since you can't send me two games, can you partially credit my account? I want to beat God of War Collection, but I refuse to wait on a replacement, and have to send it back fairly quickly, and then wait for my next game. That defeats the whole purpose of GameFly. It's to play as many games as possible for certain price per month. I received a game I'm unable to finish, and because of that, I have to wait through an extra period of shipping time.
So then I had an email asking me to take a survey based on the support interaction I had, which I posted much of what you see above. They replied with this:

GameFly said:
Hello,

We are contacting you regarding the recent survey entry. We apologize for your recent experience. Unfortunately we will not be able to issue any compensation on the account at this time. We do apologize if the ending portion of God of War Collection is unplayable. In reviewing your account we noted we were unable to ship you the replacement copy however we have shipped out Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on 8/26/2011.

If you require additional assistance, please let us know a good time to reach you by responding to this email at anytime or you can call us directly at (888) 986-6400, Monday thru Friday, 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM Central Time.

We appreciate your feedback and apologize again for your experience.

Thank you for completing our survey.
STICK said:
I notified you about a game being unplayable, and there was nothing you could do for me except to send me the next game in my Q. After I was notified my next game (Battlefield: Bad Company 2) was sent out, I put the unplayable game in the mail. The game I sent back, after my next game was shipped out, arrived to you before I received my game. I had GameFly previously, and left due to slow shipping, and here we are yet again, with slow shipping and poor customer service. If I ever get my next game, once I'm done with it, I'll send it back and be done with GameFly for good. Thanks.
GameFly said:
Hello Brian,

Thank you for letting us know the game, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, has not yet arrived to you. We will report a shipping problem and send a replacement copy if one is available or the next available game in your GameQ. Once a game is shipped, we will send you an email confirmation.

It is likely you will receive the original copy of the game as well. When it arrives to you, please let us know and we will update your account. You can then return the extra game to us in its pre-paid shipping envelope and enjoy playing the other.

We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration. If you require additional assistance, please respond to this email at anytime as we provide email support 7 days a week, Monday - Friday 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM Central Time and Saturday - Sunday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Central Time. If you would prefer to talk to us directly, please reply to this email with a number where we can reach you and a convenient time or you may call us directly at (888) 986-6400, Monday thru Friday, 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM Central Time.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance, please let us know.
STICK said:
Oh great, so I can wait another week for the game, all the while you're getting your money from me. Thanks for nothing.
GameFly said:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting GameFly. We process returns and shipments six days a week. In most cases, we ship your next available game within the same day we receive the returned game. We also use FastReturn, developed in partnership with the U.S. Postal Service, to improve delivery times by allowing us to send you the next available game in your GameQ before we receive the returned game in one of our facilities.

A FastReturn is initiated when a barcode located on the return mailer is scanned by the U.S. Postal Service. This scan is then sent to GameFly to enable our FastReturn system to start processing the next title in your GameQ. Your GameQ may temporarily show that you have more games out than your plan allows. It will be updated as soon as we receive the returned game.

Shipping thru the U.S. Postal Service first class mail to or from one of our facilities is estimated to take 2 to 4 days. However, we realize there are exceptions and understand this situation can be frustrating. We work diligently to improve shipping performance and rely on members like you to help us focus on the most important problems.

In reviewing your account we show that you were offered a 1 month retention offer which we have applied to your account.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

I'm hoping I get BF:BC2 in the mail, as well as Crysis 2 (which I received notification is being shipped out). I'll keep both until I beat them.

STICK

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2005
I'm hoping I get BF:BC2 in the mail, as well as Crysis 2 (which I received notification is being shipped out). I'll keep both until I beat them.
This happened lmfao. I got the games on the same day, despite them being shipped out a week apart. How the fuck does that make any sense???