Vacation Time!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 12, 2008
Roseville , Ca.
I'm on a budget of 5 grand 4 me n my girl.

I would like my first vacation 2 be in a warm tropical area due 2 the fact in i'm in the northwest and it always rains.

I'd really like one a those bungalow joints thats on the water...n we like 2 pop sum tags.

Yall got any suggestions? Or had a Good vacation before?
DAM IM PLANNING THE SAME BUT I WANT TO GO SOLO & REALLY CONNECT W/ THE PEOPLE WHEREVER I GO......

IM THINKING SOUTH AMERICA !!!!! COSTA RICA , OR PANAMA....

Apr 25, 2002
My homegirl from NYU did a semester abroad in Cuba. There was a shit load of loopholes and red tape to do it, but she said it was one of the best experiences of her life.
I was looking into going with a school in NY (one of the ones in the city) and might have been NYU. But that was years ago.

If/when I get to go back it'll be as a tourist again.

I have trouble imagining any trip being better than the one I had to Cuba as an over all experience. No travels I've undertaken since have been able to live up to it.

May 14, 2002
This is another good idea, but most of your money will be taken up on airfare again. The nice thing is food and accommodations are relatively inexpensive. I'm going to Thailand in about a month.

Here is the trip I planned for you.
I don't know what airport you would want to go from or when you would want to go.

You will be going to Nassau The Bahamas. You will fly first class from Seattle, Wa on US Airways round trip. You will depart Feb 14(perfect valentines day gift) 10:25 pm - 12:07 pm 1 stop / 10h 42m
And return Feb 20 2:40 pm - 9:08 pm 1 stop / 9h 28m

https://www.orbitz.com/Secure/ViewF...e&z=b054&r=2&z=b055&r=3&lastPage=interstitial

You will be staying at a 4 star Resort in Nassau/Paradise Island. This beach front location includes a fitness center, at least one pool, at least on restaurant, a business center, laundry facilities, and high speed internet access so you can update us on how great your vacation is.

http://www.hotwire.com/hotel/detail...ionId=68950713757&selectedPGoodId=80453679134

Flight - $1122.20 (includes taxes and fees) x 2 = 2,244.40
Hotel - $126 x 6 = $756 + $112.29 in tax = $868.29

Total cost = $3,112.69

This leaves you with plenty of money for food, cabs, sight seeing, excursions, etc.
SE Asia is always a good idea. I got layed off at work today. If it wasn't for my girlfriend here I would have been searching an open ticket right now.. pack my backpack and I'll see when I'll return.

Hotels don't have to be that expensive though. Maybe best idea is to book a hotel for 2 or 3 nights and then find another one from there. I'll bet if you go to a hotel there it is so much cheaper then booking it from here.
If you can't find any (which I highly doubt) you can always extend your stay at the orriginal hotel.

Nov 7, 2002
I have been in Central America in the winter of 2007.
Costa Rica and Panama are two amazing places, but i prefer Costa Rica cause there the people are really friendly, weed is easy to find for a cheap price and the girls especially in the caribbean side are so cute and hot.

Is like a Paradise.
:classic::lick::classic:

Thank you, sounds great.

Costa Rica is my next trip. It's cheaper too.

I have my moments

Cuba ain't scarface. Expect severe punishment for drug possession/use. We were told various stories about people busted with drugs (including multiple years for a joint). If you are a U.S. citizen expect extra harsh punishment and no cooperation from the U.S. interest section basically their lack of help would be equivalent to endorsing your punishment.

On the other hand if you go to Cuba as an American and are respectful and law abiding you can pretty much expect to be treated better than any other foreigner on the island. They especially love American people willing to break the blockade, but are very kind to all Americans. If you are a baseball fan they will love you. :ermm:

You don't need drugs to have a great time in CUBA. It's real nice.
CUBA has history and culture.

They do have great quality coca COLA in the clubs and in general. No cut.

They like Canadians even better. You can believe that.

They actually do business with Canada.

What a Stupid, dumb thing, that embargo, on Cuba is.
And most Americans miss out on the paradise down there.

It will change, I guess.

You can get to Cuba, as an American, from Canada. You got to take your chances.

FIDEL is the MAN, CHE is the MAN.

Viva La Revolución

Jul 10, 2002
Negril is the best 'chill' beach I've ever been to.

If you like Ricks, next time Xtabi is another alternate cliff spot that has killer sunsets.

Both times there I've stayed in Negril, only flew into and drove thru. Montego Bay.