UFC on Fox 3

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
Diaz vs. Miller set as UFC on FOX 3 main event; Barry vs. Johnson added to card

An intriguing lightweight matchup between Nate Diaz (15-7 MMA, 9-5 UFC) and Jim Miller (21-3 MMA, 12-2 UFC) will serve as the main event of UFC on FOX 3.

The matchup, which was announced in January, will now be contested as a five-round affair.

Additionally, a heavyweight bout featuring sluggers Pat Barry (7-4 MMA, 4-4 UFC) and Lavar Johnson (16-5 MMA, 1-0 UFC) has also been added to the evening's main card.

UFC officials announced the changes late Wednesday night.

UFC on FOX 3 takes place May 5 at IZOD Center in East Rutherford, N.J.

Diaz enters the bout after back-to-back career bests, flashing moments of absolute domination in wins over Donald Cerrone and Takanori Gomi. The 26-year-old is just 4-2 in his past six fights, but with five "Fight of the Night" bonuses under his belt, he's a must-watch competitor and may very well work his way into title contention with a win.

Meanwhile, Miller looks to build on the strength of his impressive submission win over Melvin Guillard at January's UFC on FX 1 event. Miller was decisioned by Ben Henderson in a bid for a shot at the lightweight title, but he's still 9-1 in his past 10 fights and extremely relevant in the 155-pound title picture.

Despite just a .500 record in the UFC, Barry has established himself as both one of the most potent strikers in the promotion in addition to a fan-favorite. Barry looks to build on the success of a UFC on FX 1 win over Christian Morecraft, which was also deemed the evening's "Fight of the Night."

Meanwhile, "Big" Johnson looks to build on the strength of a UFC-debut win over Joey Beltran. A former Strikeforce product, Johnson had been mired in a two-fight losing streak, but his fan-friendly style makes him a natural selection for the UFC's return to network television.

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
Johny Hendricks vs. Josh Koscheck added to UFC on FOX 3

Josh Koscheck's middleweight plans will have to wait.

UFC president Dana White today announced that Koscheck (17-5 MMA, 15-5 UFC) will meet Johny Hendricks (12-1 MMA, 7-1 UFC) at May's UFC on FOX 3 event in a key welterweight affair.

UFC on FOX 3 takes place May 5 at IZOD Center in East Rutherford, N.J. The main card, including a Jim Miller vs. Nate Diaz headliner, airs on FOX, and prelims are expected to air on FUEL TV.

White did not announce the fight's positioning on the card, but it seems likely to serve as the evening's co-main event.

Koscheck returns after narrowly edging Mike Pierce at this past weekend's UFC 143 event via split decision. Koscheck, who recently split from his longtime home at American Kickboxing Academy, admitted he didn't take the fight as serious as past encounters but will now compete in a contest that has real title implications.

Meanwhile, Hendricks fights for the first time since earning a stunning 12-second knockout of Jon Fitch at December's UFC 141 event. The once-beaten former collegiate wrestling stud now boasts a three-fight win streak and is 7-1 in eight octagon contests.

With the addition to the fight card, UFC on FOX 3 now includes:

•Nate Diaz vs. Jim Miller
•Johny Hendricks vs. Josh Koscheck
•Pat Barry vs. Lavar Johnson
•John Hathaway vs. Pascal Krauss
•John Dodson vs. Darren Uyenoyama
•Danny Castillo vs. John Cholish
•Mike Massenzio vs. Karlos Vemola
•Louis Gaudinot vs. John Lineker

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
So this main event is gonna be for the number one contender spot to fight the winner of Edgar/Bendo II. Damn Pettis must wait again. I see a Pettis/Diaz matchup down the road for the belt so its all good. Got Em!!

Feb 28, 2006
dana is dumb trying to go up against boxing especially if mayweather is fighting
im sure dana isnt stupid enough to have this event overlap the mayweather fight. if anything, i would think his gameplan is to exploit ton of free MMA fights to put the Mayweather/boxing in a position that if the Mayweather/Cotto event blows, thats a win for the UFC.

Nov 7, 2006
i can understand this being for #1 contender but god damn it must suck to be pettis. imagine working at a place that says you're getting promoted but then they say we cant the guy came back and we excepted him back. then have it said again but have the guy come back again and they take it from you. and then you find out that when that guy leaves again someone else is gonna get the job lol. some bullshit what they doing to pettis. IMO Nick Diaz/Jim Miller deserve the shot more but if you're gonna promise a guy a title shot jut give him the damn title shot and be done with it.

Feb 10, 2006
but they only promised pettis the title shot when he came into the ufc, not recently, he got injured and instead of waiting(which bit him bacc in the ass) he fought clay guida and got out wrestled and lost a ud.

imo he has not worked harder than bendo, nate or frankie to get a title shot...i say 1 more impessive win or two more fights.

Nov 7, 2006
but they only promised pettis the title shot when he came into the ufc, not recently, he got injured and instead of waiting(which bit him bacc in the ass) he fought clay guida and got out wrestled and lost a ud.

imo he has not worked harder than bendo, nate or frankie to get a title shot...i say 1 more impessive win or two more fights.
pettis wasnt injured, he fought guida because his title was given to maynard for a rematch. and if you watched the press conference dana was talking how he was giving the next fight to pettis. i always said nate deserves the shot more and frankie doesnt deserve it over anyone at all. dude lost, he needs to pick himself back up and have 1 or 2 fights to be back in the title picture IMO but hey thats not how it is with the UFC and its the one thing i hate.

i get it frankie sells tickets but how is anyone of the younger fighters or fighters who deserve a shot more gonna get there shine? they keep giving these rematches and easy sells and it sucks for fighters who i feel deserve it more.

Nov 7, 2006
Pettis was a champion and should've been treated like one going into the ufc. maynard couldnt beat frankie, yeah they tied but he couldnt take that belt. i would've given pettis the shot he was promised and either made maynard wait or take another fight if he wanted and then get that fight. i just feel like pettis should've been treated differently going in. and now i didnt he feel he deserved a shot after that lauzon win but dana said it. why the fuck would you even say it if he was planning a rematch for frankie and then next is nate/miller? all im sayin it must suck to be pettis to get treated like that.