UFC on Fox 3

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
They just setup the first match for this event which will take place on Cinco De Mayo which is the same day of the Mayweather fight. They havnt said if its gonna be the main event or not but its a good one nonetheless.

Nate Diaz vs. Jim Miller

The event will take place in New Jersey which is Miller's backyard. More fights will be set in the coming future but I am stoked for this fight alone. Got Em!!

Nov 7, 2006
what does Nate have to do to get a title shot? i thought the whole point of the nate/donald co-main event card was because who won gets a shot. i dont think dane would know what to do if both the diaz bros had the belts. he'd be nervous going into every fight they have lol.

Feb 10, 2006
yea no doubt nate shold ve had a shot right now, he put on two of his best performances his last two n those guys are no walk in the park with gomi n cerrone...i dont mind it tho nates just getting better n better with every fight, he'll get past miller n by the end of the year he'll be champ, hell if nicc gets past condit they can set up nicc n gsp and nate n bendo/edgar on the same card!

Nov 7, 2006
but frankie is busy about to fight bendo and nate im sure doesnt wanna wait hella long for a shot, i think ur theories r fuckin dumb
so he takes a fight on a card in may? you figured the fight would be closer to the edgar/bendo date dont ya? and what theories? the diaz/cerrone fight was amped up to be for the #1 contender, i mean why even make it co headliner if it wasnt? it's not theories i'm talking about it's facts and i think they're dumb too which is why i'm confused about them.

fuck no he shouldn't have he's 2-2 in the last 4 fights
4-3 in last 2 years

maybe if he beat guida he coulda got a shot. he was 10-2 on a 5 fight win streak then. yeah he should have.

when he beats miller he'll get it tho
i know this but why give him a coheadliner with brock if it didnt mean a title shot? they amped it up on spike and shit as a contender fight. and chael just won 2 fights and gets a shot, why not nate? i mean it's whatever but dont amp shit up as something when it's not.

Aug 4, 2003
Eugene
oregonshane.wordpress.com
so he takes a fight on a card in may? you figured the fight would be closer to the edgar/bendo date dont ya? and what theories? the diaz/cerrone fight was amped up to be for the #1 contender, i mean why even make it co headliner if it wasnt? it's not theories i'm talking about it's facts and i think they're dumb too which is why i'm confused about them.

i know this but why give him a coheadliner with brock if it didnt mean a title shot? they amped it up on spike and shit as a contender fight. and chael just won 2 fights and gets a shot, why not nate? i mean it's whatever but dont amp shit up as something when it's not.
Chael gets another title shot because the middle weight division is so weak and also for the fact that Chael dominated the champ for 4 and 1/2 rounds. And the way he hypes up the fight doesnt hurt either.

Nov 7, 2006
Chael gets another title shot because the middle weight division is so weak and also for the fact that Chael dominated the champ for 4 and 1/2 rounds. And the way he hypes up the fight doesnt hurt either.
trust me i get it. i'm just confused to what the cerrone/diaz fight coheadliner for. they hyped up the UFCPrimetime saying it was for #1 contender and then he dont get it. thats all i'm trying to say here, dont say that shit and make a fight for it when it wont happen.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
I think Cerrone would've got a title shot because he had won 5 fights in the past year and has a history with Bendo. And with Nate they're making sure he can actually put up a fight against a wrestler like Miller because he had problems with Guida and Joe Daddy.

It'll probably play out if Nate beats Miller he gets the shot, if Miller wins they'll go with the Dunham vs Pettis/Lauzon winner and Miller will fight the Maynard-Guida winner. Or they can bring in Gilbert whenever.

Nov 7, 2006
^^^which would ultimately fuck things up which is why they probably dont want to give diaz a shot. if diaz ends up winning the title then whats gilbert gonna do? i highly doubt they'll fight each other and i dont see gilbert moving down at all.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
yeah if Nate won the title I think they'd make Gil stay over there and fight Punk for the 3rd time and KJ and them.
Hopefully they can bring over Alvarez and Aoki by the end of the year, or Aldo will move up.

And I guess Nate vs Miller's the main event now. Weird. They must be going for the excitement angle over having big names.

Nov 7, 2006
^^^yeah smart move though. i mean the ufc fans will know the fights and if they want new fans they should make the headlines fights that are bound to be exciting. Aldo moving up seems inevitable considering he's a competitor and theres really no one to compete with at his weightclass. i kinda hope edgar wins against bendo and there can be a superfight of some sorts or if edgar loses he should drop down and challenge for the featherweight belt.