UFC 112

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
didnt watch the card at 10 had to help my dad landscape some house got off homies said the card was weak saw the munoz fight that shit was dope and saw penn and silva fight silva should have ended it instead of showboatin the last 3 rounds

strikeforce card next weekend for free will be better then this

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
yeah but GSP already said he wouldnt take the fight because he's too small. and they asked Dana after the silva fight and he said "he didnt deserve to fight GSP" so yeah it wont happen.
While St-Pierre welcomes Silva matchup at 170 pounds, White losing interest

No matter where he goes, UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre (20-2 MMA, 14-2 UFC) can't get away from the question.

In fact, he heard it more than once in a fan Q&A session in Abu Dhabi prior to this weekend's UFC 112 event, and chants of his name during Saturday's main event left no doubt what fans hope to see.

After four-straight one-sided title defenses at 170 pounds, everyone wants to know when "Rush" is moving up to 185 pounds to take on dominant (yet quirky) middleweight champion Anderson Silva (26-4 MMA, 11-0 UFC).

St-Pierre said the question is a complicated one that would only happen under the right circumstances.

"If I move up to middleweight, I would have to take some extra time to put some weight on," St-Pierre said. "I can do it now, but if I want to do it, I want to do it for a championship. I don't want to just go there and fight and come back down."

Sounds perfect, right? Obviously a shot at Silva would entail the UFC's middleweight title being put up for grabs.

But St-Pierre said he doesn't necessarily want to just walk away from the title he's held since April 2008.

"There is another thing to consider: If I move up, maybe I won't be able to come back down to defend my (welterweight) title," St-Pierre said. "So it's a big decision to take. ... I would have to consider it and have a talk with UFC management and with my management and my trainers to see what's going to happen.

"It's not impossible."

Of course, while the matchup of two of the current top pound-for-pound fighters in the world could potentially set box office records for the UFC, the fight promotion's president, Dana White, had already begun to lean away from arranging middleweight contest in recent months due to the massive size difference in the two athletes.

White's negative feelings toward the bout were further exasperated by Silva's taunting antics and refusal to engage opponent Demain Maia on Saturday, and the UFC exec said in the evening's post-fight press conference that he wasn't considering the bout at the moment.

However, Silva and manager Ed Soares threw a wrinkle in the discussion recently when they suggested "The Spider" would be willing to drop to welterweight to face St-Pierre.

The Canadian admitted he was a bit more intrigued at that prospect.

"If he dropped to 170 pounds, probably," St-Pierre said. "He fought a few years ago in Japan at 168, which is even less. So if he did, of course.

"It would be the biggest fight in UFC history, probably. It would be interesting."

Despite White's obvious frustration, many fans still wonder in a matchup of two of the UFC's most dominant champions, who would win?

"There is only one way to find out," St-Pierre said.

Now it's up to White to decide if we ever will.

Feb 12, 2004
still cant believe penn lost! fuck it we all know bj is gonna come back and destroy this kid but props to edgar...

fuuuck me too. BJ looked so slow and sluggish. Heard he didn't work with the Marinovichs like a month before the fight so maybe that's why he was so tired? Either way props to Frankie Edgar. I think he had the style to beat BJ. Unfortunately I think his style won't make him as stable as a champion especially if he gets a fighter who uses their size and strength like Maynard does.

ps sick avatar b-buzz!!

Jan 2, 2004
I think Anderson's trying to be stripped of the title so he can leave the UFC and not have the championship clause and get his ass beat by RJJ then come back I guess at LHW. or go to SForce.

May 25, 2009
im glad silva didn't apologize for shit that fight was entertaining dana wants everything to go his way every time but fuck him for saving silva doesn't deserve a shot at gsp hahaha he knows his precious lil gsp would get owned and embarrassed...

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
im glad silva didn't apologize for shit that fight was entertaining dana wants everything to go his way every time but fuck him for saving silva doesn't deserve a shot at gsp hahaha he knows his precious lil gsp would get owned and embarrassed...
aren't you the one always complaining that fights suck if it goes the distance fight was cool for the 1st two rounds but the last 3 were whack

May 25, 2009
naw i hate fights that go to the ground for 5 rounds thats just plain out fuckin' boring but that silva fight was the shit im glad it pissed dana off that dumb fuck feels every fight should go the way he thinks it should go fuck him...