UFC 109

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
Main Card

Randy Couture vs. Mark Coleman
Nate Marquardt vs. Chael Sonnen
Mike Swick vs. Paulo Thiago
Demian Maia vs. Dan Miller
Matt Serra vs. Frank Trigg

Preliminary Bouts:

Mac Danzig vs. Justin Buchholz
Melvin Guillard vs. Ronys Torres
Phillipe Nover vs. Rob Emerson
Brian Stann vs. Phil Davis
Tim Hague vs. Chris Tuchscherer
Mostapha Al Turk vs. Rolles Gracie

who ya'll got? and anyone know if they're showing the prelims on spike i dont think they 're showing em and the next day is the super bowl gonna be a good weekend

Dec 19, 2006
UFC newcomer Joey Beltran likely to replace Mostapha Al Turk at UFC 109

UFC newcomer Joey Beltran (10-3 MMA, 0-0 UFC) is likely to replace Mostapha Al Turk (6-5 MMA, 0-2 UFC) and fight fellow octagon rookie Rolles Gracie (3-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) at Saturday's UFC 109 event.

Beltran's manager, Matt Stansell, today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that the fighter agreed to the bout and is expected to replace Al Turk, who's dealing with non-injury-related issues.

Although waiting for final word on Al Turk's status, Beltran tomorrow leaves for Las Vegas, which hosts UFC 109 on Feb. 6.

UFC 109 takes place at the Mandalay Bay Events Center and features a light-heavyweight headliner between former champs and UFC Hall of Famers Randy Couture and Mark Coleman. If finalized Beltran vs. Gracie would be the first fight on the night's un-televised preliminary card.

Multiple sources have pointed to either visa or paperwork/licensing issues as the reason for Al Turk's likely unavailability. However, Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer told MMAjunkie.com that the commission cleared the Brit's January application.

Additionally, Kizer said that as of Monday, the UFC hadn't sent a replacement fighter's name for approval.

Beltran, a longtime Total Combat and King of the Cage fighter, enters the UFC with six wins in his past seven fights, which included a first-round TKO of UFC vet Sherman Pendergarst at a May 2009 Bellator Fighting Championships event. He's posted stoppages (nine knockouts and one submission) in all 10 of his career wins.

One such knockout came on Jan. 16, when Beltran stopped recent UFC castoff Houston Alexander via strikes in the second round of a 5150 Combat League event. If he gets the Gracie fight, he'll have just three weeks between fights.

According to Beltran's official Web site, the deal with the UFC is a four-fight contract.

"I just signed a four-fight deal with the UFC," Beltran stated. "This has been what I have been working toward for the last five years of my life, so it feels good. I can't say who I'll be fighting, but I'll say I will be in Las Vegas very soon!"

Gracie, the son of Rolls Gracie (whose uncle was Helio Gracie), made his pro debut in 2007 with the International Fight League. The second-degree Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt defeated Sam Holloway via submission but wouldn't fight again for nearly two years, when he returned at the China-based Art of War promotion in 2009 and moved his record to 3-0 with a pair of additional submission victories over Baga Agaev in May and Peter Graham in September.

Apr 5, 2003
Main Card

Preliminary Bouts:

May 17, 2004
Main Card

Preliminary Bouts:

Sep 22, 2007

May 25, 2009
fuckin negative nelly . u cant judge a fight card off how it looks on paper. check out ufc 100 looked great on paper but was weak as fuck
very true but i go by the main event and i just shake my head like "why dana why!?" but then again im a hardcore boxing fan and casual mma fan unless theres some really big names fighting that night that i really enjoy watching i'll just past on it...

Sep 22, 2007
Wow. Both of you sound stupid as fuck. UFC 100 weak as fuck? Please never recommend me any fight cards. This card boring? Stick to boxing & never make a comment regarding mma for as long as you live.