Twitter IPO / Who Buyin?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Gold $1,194.50
Silver $16.02
Platinum $1,188.80
Palladium $800.60

Platinum less than Gold...not for long?
Platinum is a rare and dense silver-white Precious Metal that’s created as a by-product from mining nickel and copper. It is considered the “most precious” of the Precious Metals due to its scarcity. In the automotive industry, Platinum is an irreplaceable product that goes into the production of catalytic converters, which reduce the amount of carbon monoxide emitted from automobiles.

--------------

Palladium is an extremely rare, silver-white Precious Metal with a relatively low melting point and low density. As a naturally white Precious Metal, Palladium will keep its brilliant color for life. Over 50% of the Palladium supply is used in the automotive industry to create catalytic converters, which reduce the amount of carbon monoxide emitted from automobiles. Palladium is also used in electronics, dentistry, jewelry, groundwater treatment and chemical applications.

Last edited:
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Bitcoin “Total Crypto Breakdown” Shows Risks To Non-tangible Assets

– Bitcoin wallet app Blockchain suffers major security blunder
– Poor tech sees multiple accounts being created using same address
– Security lapses in electronic and digital currencies not uncommon
– Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in infancy but are useful tools
– Physical gold offers most secure form of wealth preservation

Blockchain: Bitcoin Wallets, Charts, News & Market Data
Bitcoin app issues critical update after rare bug leads to total crypto breakdown | Technology | The Guardian
http://random.org
Cyber War Poses Risk of Bail-Ins to Banks and Deposits - GoldCore Gold Bullion Dealer
International Hacking Group Steals $300 Million - Global Digital Banking System Not Secure - GoldCore Gold Bullion Dealer
The BlockChain Promises To Change Everything ...

May 6, 2002
I'm not one to recommend stock picks but if someone is willing to risk a little then you might want to jump on WLL. If I wasn't so convervative with my oil play I would be all in on WLL. No way it stays at this level.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
I'm not one to recommend stock picks but if someone is willing to risk a little then you might want to jump on WLL. If I wasn't so convervative with my oil play I would be all in on WLL.
No way it stays at this level.
WHITING IS SOLID, BUT STAY AWAY FROM THEIR TRUSTS. TRUSTS EVENTUALLY GO TO ZERO OVER TIME...

MY OIL MARKET CHOICE?

XOM

WHY?

#PATENTS
#ALTENERGYFRONTRUNNERS?
#TIMEWILLTELL

Last edited:
May 6, 2002
WHITING IS SOLID, BUT STAY AWAY FROM THEIR TRUSTS. TRUSTS EVENTUALLY GO TO ZERO OVER TIME...

MY OIL MARKET CHOICE?

XOM

WHY?

#PATENTS
#ALTENERGYFRONTRUNNERS?
#TIMEWILLTELL
Ya when I was weighing my oil choices I narrowed it down to CVX and XOM. Ran with the higher dividend. I feel they are large enough to sustain plus they have diversity as well. As of late XOM would have been the better option though. I believe both companies be OK through the oil mess.

Ya WLL just did a secondary offering about a month ago. They wanted to raise more capital for something, can't remember what it they wanted to spend on at the moment. It's a riskier Oil play that I have so far refrained from playing...

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Fund Managers Dump Government Bonds, Rout Continues

Investors have had to quickly get used to the recent spurt of market volatility and, with few assets offering safe haven from the rout, investors are eyeing the vulnerable bond sector for direction.

The Pimco Total Return Fund, one of the world’s largest bond funds, slashed its holdings in U.S. government debt last month, according to data published on Tuesday.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Twitter falls below IPO price for first time

Twitter Inc. TWTR, -5.87% shares fell 6% Thursday causing the stock to trade below its IPO price of $26 for the first time. Twitter was trading at $25.99. The shares fell as technology and other social media stocks also took hits. Facebook Inc.[s:FB] shares were down 4% in mid-day trade Thursday and LinkedIn Corp. LNKD, -3.16% shares were down 3%. The technology heavy Nasdaq Composite was down 2% at $4912.00 Thursday. Shares of Twitter have fallen 27% in the past month and 29% in the past three months. Twitter went public in November 2013 and had a record close of $73.31 on Dec. 26, 2013. The company has been struggling with attracting new users and clarifying its platform

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Twitter isn't only Bay Area tech IPO under water — over half since 2013 are

More than half of all tech companies from the Bay Area that went public since January 2013 closed trading on Tuesday below their IPO price. That remains true despite the strongest market gains in four years on Wednesday, with only one IPO company from 2014 shifting back above its IPO price — San Jose-based wireless charging company Energous.

"Returns are the fuel that drive the IPO market and the returns in the tech IPO market have been generally bad," Smith said, but added that the pain hasn't been just in tech. About 53 percent of all IPOs so far this year are at or below their initial price. Half of last year's are underwater and 48 percent from 2013 are in similar shape.

"We are seeing the beginning of a liquidity crisis," Smith said. "If you are running a business that is losing money and needs investments to survive, you are coming up to hard times."

Four out of the five Bay Area tech companies that went public this year finished Tuesday below their IPO price. They are Ooma (down 30 percent), Apigee (down 65 percent), Box (down 7 percent) and Xactly (down less than 1 percent).

Wearables business FitBit is the lone exception in this year's local tech IPOs, up 87 percent, but at one point it was up by 160 percent.

Twitter, one of the region's hottest IPOs in 2013, dropped below its $26 offering price last week and closed Tuesday (08/25) at $25.17. That about 3 percent below its IPO price and less than half of its 52-week high of $55.99.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Earnings growth forecasts for EMs about to turn negative for 2015. 11% growth expected at start of the year.

-----------------------------------------

Emerging Markets: A nation's economy that is progressing toward becoming advanced, as shown by some liquidity in local debt and equity markets and the existence of some form of market exchange and regulatory body.

Emerging markets generally do not have the level of market efficiency and strict standards in accounting and securities regulation to be on par with advanced economies (such as the United States, Europe and Japan), but emerging markets will typically have a physical financial infrastructure including banks, a stock exchange and a unified currency.

------------------------------------

I ironically pulled out of my EM funds this morning before finding the graph above
(smarter people obviously pulled out of them even earlier)

Last edited:
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz

Central Bank of the Russian Federation announced its official August 2015 reserve assets and other foreign currency assets report indicating that its gold reserves had increased 1,000,000 ounces from its July 2015 report to 42.4 million ounces.

In July Russia added 400,000 ounces of gold to its reserves and $9.7 billion of U.S. Treasuries.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Chinese all-cash buyers of U.S. homes have tripled since 2005

Mandarin-speaking Chinese are buying mostly high-end homes with a median price of over $500,000

“Cash buyers across the board are playing a much bigger role in the housing market now than they were 10 years ago, and that is particularly true for Chinese Mandarin-speaking cash buyers, who are more likely to be foreign nationals,” said Daren Blomquist, vice president at RealtyTrac. “Foreign cash buyers have helped to accelerate U.S. home price appreciation over the past few years given that these buyers are often not as constrained by income as local, traditionally financed buyers,” he said.

Indeed, median home values in the U.S. have risen to $180,800, the highest level since mid-2008, and up 3.3% in the past year, and they’re projected to rise another 2.2% in 2016.

Last edited:
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Twitter planning company-wide layoffs: report

Twitter Inc. TWTR, +1.75% is planning wide-ranging layoffs of its staff in the coming week, according to a report by Recode, citing multiple, unnamed sources. The report comes less than a week after Twitter named co-founder Jack Dorsey as permanent chief executive. Twitter told Recode it would not comment on rumor or speculation.

Twitter Inc
NYSE: TWTR - Oct 9 7:59 PM EDT
30.84 Price increase 0.52 (1.73%)
After-hours: 29.83 Price decrease 1.02 (3.29%)

Last edited: