Twitter IPO / Who Buyin?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Penny stock are the worse rarely haven't known anyone to make consistent money on them.

To many pump and dump schemes. I guess if you personally knew the company and believed in it.
work with someone who consistently banks on penny, too volatile for me personally

I view all derivatives and pink sheets as toxic, more power to those that make a dollar off of 'em tho

Jan 23, 2006
i have gone in and out of cbis a bunch of times now. making 50 to 100 each time. i'm tempting fate though, i know. also, got raped w/ phot. still up nice on the year. made a play on twtr actually. just a quick 30 shares at 58 a few days back.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
Nice, I bout 6 shares of apple, I'm speculating that they are going to have a good next year or so (apple tv set, apple watch, ipad pro) - if they bought tesla, I would hold on to the stocks for the long haul.

Jan 5, 2006
What did you buy them at? I don't see Apple stocks crashing simply because they have too loyal of a cult following, despite how limited or behind the times their products are sometimes.

I'm interested in Barclay's too.

Jan 5, 2006
I kick myself for not investing in tesla when the stock was under 60 bucks early last year!!! fuck!
You and a lot of people lol... it took Tesla like 6 years to start turning a profit.

I could've worked for Tesla in the early stages but was like nah this company looks like it's gonna go bankrupt. This was obviously before this current tech bubble number 2.

Nov 8, 2007
It's funny because I was following it for a semester project, so I saw it climb. 100 was my limit and I was still iffy about it and didn't do it. I told my Sister and a buddy of mine, both to which didn't jump on it either!

fuck life! i was ready to buy a couple since I had the money. O well, You live and you learn. I'll be looking up GoPro before deciding.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
DIP CITY
Change
-0.02 -0.05%
Volume
Volume 50,337
----------------------------

Read more: MKM Says Buy Twitter Ahead of May Earnings Release | Benzinga

The stock has been a roller coaster since its initial public offering in November 2013. Shares opened for trade at $45.10 on November 7 after being priced at $26. By late December the stock had reached a high of $74.73.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
39.02 -0.07 (-0.18%)

Q. Hi Cody do you think Twitter could ostensibly become a bitcoin or other money transmission mechanism given the secure tech they have and the hypothetical connect the dots between some of the VC’s who back bitcoin and Twitter? Also, related, at what price does TWTR become a buy?

A. I’ve pretty much lost all faith in Twitter’s management’s ability to innovate and their lack of vision for the future. That might get priced into Twitter’s stock at some point, but I think I wouldn’t be tempted to change my bearish stance on TWTR unless it were to fall even another 30%-40% from these levels. At a $15 billion valuation (down from about $21 billion as I type), I’d be interested in getting long Twitter at least for a trade. But I don’t think I’ll ever want to invest in Twitter’s current trajectory and management. Remember this? Cody Willard calls Twitter IPO a “debacle”; $1.6 billion left on the table (from November 7, 2013). I bet TWTR management wish they could go back and get the $2 billion left on the table at the IPO now

Q. Let’s short TWTR?

A. Shoulda’ woulda’ coulda’ shorted Twitter $TWTR back when it hit $60 or whatever. Too little room on the downside target I just gave you for me to want to try to game it for a trade. Here’s a good quote about Twitter’s funk from A Eulogy for Twitter: “Twitter is the platform that led us into the mobile Internet age … Twitter has done for social publishing what AOL did for email … Twitter felt big even when it was dwarfed by social giants like Facebook. More importantly, it felt vibrant. But the truth is that it has always been small. Only now it’s not the treehouse club it once was. Instead, Twitter feels closed off, choked, in a way that makes us want to explore somewhere else for a while.”

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
How Low Can It GO?

$31.74

Change
-0.11 -0.35%

Volume 1.15m

May 6, 2014, 4:28 p.m.

Many of Twitter’s early investors can now choose to sell their holdings. The company went public six months ago. Co-founders Jack Dorsey and Evan Williams, along with Twitter Chief Executive Dick Costolo, have said they did not intend to sell their shares after the lockup period expired.

Last edited: