Twitter IPO / Who Buyin?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
I am a firm believer in following the bollinger band and RSI charts. A stock that doesn't historically pattern itself after those, I tend to stay away from. I look for one's that follow favorable trends according to those. If it breaks out of the top of both upper control limits on those charts, and historically it tends to fall, then I am shorting the stock. If it breaks through the lower control limit on both charts I am buying the stock. Again, this also depends on market interest- I am for the most part looking at trading volumes in the million+ range, but do keep my eye on Small Caps and trade them here and there based on patterns. The other main time I consider other stocks, is based on their historical patterns around either dividends, earnings or options. Rarely, will I break from that, with the exception of a few that I feel have some other piece(s) of information going for them, such as a new viable product (i.e FDA drug approval, etc.) or catching wind of big money coming into the picture.

As far as my sell points, 99% of the time I do trailing stops only. I am probably about 85% accurate in buying or shorting a stock and then it following the trend I am hoping for. This does not mean the stock never acts adversely after the fact, but most of the time allows me to almost always grab some type of gain. Keep in mind, this is in the current market. When we have a crash or correction, the strategy may have to change... But my current strategy also allows me to be out of the market before a crash or overcorrection...

May 6, 2002
@ rumpel I just came into fnma this morning w 150 shares at 2.64 each. Scott trade won't let me put a stop on it so I guess I gotta watch it now. U think it's done bleeding?
Big bounce back. Closed at 2.98
That's a huge gain percentage wise.

It's really hard to say if it's done.
Let's see what Mnuchin says tomorrow (7am EST CNBC). He could make a comment and have this thing sky rocket back to $3.50

Or he could say nothing and this thing will gap down a bit.
Tomorrow morning is major.

May 22, 2006
Big bounce back. Closed at 2.98
That's a huge gain percentage wise.

It's really hard to say if it's done.
Let's see what Mnuchin says tomorrow (7am EST CNBC). He could make a comment and have this thing sky rocket back to $3.50

Or he could say nothing and this thing will gap down a bit.
Tomorrow morning is major.
I ended up selling at 2.97 pretty early in the day. Made like 9% in an hour n a half. Which basically covered my tsla fuck up today. My first stop experiment was a disaster. I really shoulda sat thru that class. I lost 2$ a share on 15 shares of tsla and also 14 in trade commissions thru scottrade

Last edited:
May 6, 2002
I ended up selling at 2.97 pretty early in the day. Made like 9% in an hour n a half. Which basically covered my tsla fuck up today. My first stop experiment was a disaster. I really shoulda sat thru that class. I lost 2$ a share on 15 shares of tsla and also 14 in trade commissions thru scottrade
Nice play.
A lot of long term common stock holders waiting for the government to release Fannie and Freddie back. Interview went well today. Up a couple percent.

For me, I'm in from 0 to 10. Either I get wiped out, or I cash out in the 8-10 range.

LB getting smashed.
Glad I cancelled my 50 buy order.

May 22, 2006
StillHustlin @StillHustlin I just started digging into candles and trying to put it all together. The shit kept me up all night last night reading about it. I made some predictions for today based off what I had learned and I was basically 50/50 with my picks. I didn't play any money on it, just a test run. So after I read and learn more about it today I see that there's tons of different strategies with candles. Are there certain strategies you like better than others? Lace my boots

Also are you looking at daily candles, hourly, ect?

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
So after I read and learn more about it today I see that there's tons of different strategies with candles. Are there certain strategies you like better than others? Lace my boots

Also are you looking at daily candles, hourly, ect?
I look at any and all types depending on the position and company, if that makes any sense. I look at YOY trends, MA trends, and everything else I mentioned previously.

If anyone is interested in group think and share in a collaborative space outside of here, I have created one called SICC TRADING elsewhere. PM me an email addy so I can send you the link. If you are not interested in this, I do suggest you sign up for TradingView.com and collab w/ the many users there

May 22, 2006
I bought 200 shares of target this am after it missed earnings and dove. Hoping for a nice swing on that. Also bought 100k shares qsim this am for 500$ and sold it about an hour later for 144 profit. That stock closed at 152%+. I pussed out and sold early. Shoulda place a stop instead of flat out selling. I'll get better. Main thing is I cashed out something.

May 6, 2002
I've never been one to really collaborate, just because I would feel horrible if anyone followed my advise and they lost money. Plus we all have different styles. You guys jump in and out a lot more than I do. I really only do that with about 20% of my funds. The vast majority of my holdings are almost "till death do us part" holdings. Not literally, but close to it. I've been buying and holding for the most part since 2004 and it's worked out nicely. I haven't made a killing day\swing trading. I'm up, but really my profits come from buying low...holding...and well, technically still holding.

Like when the Japanese Tsunami hit, Tepco got crushed. I bought a ton of shares averaged around $2.50 and then dumped after several government bailouts around $3.00

That worked well for me, so I am riding Fannie Mae. Same concept. Government bailout, but eventually they have to let go. I'd really caution, don't invest in FNMA unless you are willing to accept the fact that the shares are worthless and may stay worthless.

Anyways, I recently signed up for stocktwits.com
They have an app as well. I recommend it.

May 6, 2002
Also, I work in the IT field and occasionally I have to fix the owners computers. These guys are moving millions (literally) in trades every day. I piggy back their trades (they dont know) and it's worked out nicely for the most part. They don't really know much about stocks, but we have guys from JP Morgan and Morgan Stanley in here all the time asking for their money. Plus he has 2 guys who do the IPO's for him.

I just don't have that kind of weight to throw around.
They will dump 2 million in the market and sell 30 minutes later and be like "I just made 60 grand". I've seen them take major hits too. It's crazy...

Dec 3, 2016
Snapchat IPO tomorrow... probably gonna be another Twitter. not many tech stocks I feel comfortable with except Apple, Google, Amazon etc... the guys that have been around for decades. $17 a share is overvalued from what I've been reading.

May 22, 2006
I got smoked today on cat$... feds raided about 10 mins after I bought. Lost about 300$... I did a lot of studying before I made that play too.

Ur friends that got the ipo @17 are pumped I bet.

May 22, 2006
I bought 25k shares Icld for like 600$ a few days ago. Worth more than 2k now. Earning report out tomorrow. Hopefully boomage ensues.