Twitter IPO / Who Buyin?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
I have 35. But I bought at 190. Thought about selling today. I'm up like 48% on that play n around 3 months.
I sold lite today. Made enough to buy groceries for the week on that one.

I have a nice chunk sitting aside from my nvda sale. Anyone got any bright ideas?

Also I'm taking some half day class on Thursday to learn more about trading. I don't know shit. The class is free so I'm sure it's a pitch for something else but I'll probably learn some good shit.

Yes, many times they are trying to sell you more classes at considerably more money. The truth is all of that information is at our fingertips for free. I did split a membership with a family member for a professional day trader's informational content, but that only cost me 250 and I now have every single bot he has ever programmed, along with every podcast and blog, for as long as he stays in business. He is the type of guru who actually displays his portfolio often (at least one account lol) to prove what trades he is doing.

May 22, 2006
Yes, many times they are trying to sell you more classes at considerably more money. The truth is all of that information is at our fingertips for free. I did split a membership with a family member for a professional day trader's informational content, but that only cost me 250 and I now have every single bot he has ever programmed, along with every podcast and blog, for as long as he stays in business. He is the type of guru who actually displays his portfolio often (at least one account lol) to prove what trades he is doing.
So you thinkn your 250$ was worth it then. What's the name of the class you did?
Ur earlier post about takin a class is what inspired me to find a class. I'd gladly pay for a good course

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
So you thinkn your 250$ was worth it then. What's the name of the class you did?
Ur earlier post about takin a class is what inspired me to find a class. I'd gladly pay for a good course
The class I went to was put on by online trading academy. They make commission so they always want to sign you up for more classes. The first class was free now they charge for it. Then they try to reel you in to a 3-day session for 5-700. After that they push 10k, week of classes, and then want you to additionally buy other sets of classes in the 5 figure range. Everything they teach is legit, but guess what..... All of that information is online for free. They are just utilizing systems that already exist. This is why I have not paid for any. I went to the freebie to be enlightened, and learn how to focus on my objective. There are complaints online by ppl who claim it's a scam, but the truth is they are mad that they overpaid for information that was already available for free.... They let you take the same class you paid for over and over as many times as you want without paying twice, and they also do live trading with their own personal accounts to prove to you they practice what they preach.

The $250/I spent is well worth it becausr now I have quite a few robots at my fingertips pre-programmed by someone who has been suçcessful using them. Since I have some coding under my belt, when I have time, I will be able to alter the bots to fit my needs. That way I can spend less time reviewing and identifying market movers and let the computer do the work for me. I'm not there yet due to what's on my plate right now but by summer I should be on.

Last edited:
May 6, 2002
Sold CVX and bought more XOM.
Figured I'd take my chips off the table from CVX (averaged at 105, sold at 111) and consolidate my oil play into XOM since it's at a low right now. So I bought a little more XOM.

Jumped back into DIS at 111.25
I'm a lifer on this so it doesn't really matter if I buy high. I mean it matters, but in the long run my entry point here won't really matter too much.

I really only have 2 plays left and I'm good for the year. Sit back and watch the show type deal.

Need a finance play. Hopefully TD hits 50 so I can jump in. Might do a little more FNMA as well.

Anyone catch KATE?
Damn, I was going to jump back in days ago but didn't. Upset about that...

May 6, 2002
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
I wouldn't really consider this an investment book.
It's a super dry read that I would place in the Psychology category.

Not necessarily self help or NLP, but kind of a mix.
Looks inside and out.

It's good if you are into those types of things.
Didn't really think anyone was...

This helped you with the stock market?
Trading stocks is psychology for many people. You cannot be an emotional trader if you want to be successful. I think it is a good starting point. Its an analytical book that can help in analytics. Yes a slow dry read, but none of us are wolves of Wall Street either....

Last edited:
May 6, 2002
Trading stocks is psychology for many people. You cannot be an emotional trader if you want to be successful. I think it is a good starting point. Its an analytical book that can help in analytics. Yes a slow dry read, but none of us are wolves of Wall Street either....
Anyone who trades based on emotion shouldn't be trading.
You're right though, I know people who have taken some major hits and got out due to their personality.

That being said, for the new people here, this market is not normal.
I've been doing this since 2004, not like I'm some vet, but still, easily have over 10+ years under my belt.

This surge since the financial crash and this trump rally, don't get used to it...

My advise...
Be ready to bleed. When there is blood, buy more.
I was buying during 2008, 2009, 2010, etc.

Stealing shares. Disney at $35. Apple at $160.

So ya, takes some skin to do this long term...

May 22, 2006
The sales pitch I went to today was for online trading academy. Here's how green I am, I know nothing about forex, futures, or commodities. I know what they are literally but not how to trade them. I signed up for a 3 day class for 300$. I know they're gonna try and sell me more shit. 8 hour classes this weekend. I have a lot to learn. Also tesla down almost 11 a share. Lucky I sold when I did

May 6, 2002
I know nothing about forex, futures, or commodities.
Any option courses in there? Options are always risky. I'm not good at it either. Out of all of the options I have ever bought, I am definitely in the red. I've hit some, but most of the time I fail. I risk a very small amount each time though. Just trying to get the hang of it.

Plenty of ETFs built around commodities.
SLV GLD COPX, etc...

May 22, 2006
Yeah they teach options.

I have 250 shares nugt. I'm like 4k in the red on that trade. Worst trade I ever made. I had no exit plan or stop loss. I had been taxing nugt for a couple months on short plays and then one day it dropped hard and kept falling. Now I'm just holding waiting for when the market drops gold will skyrocket, hopefully.

The instructor in this class says the market will drop 65% at some point soon.

May 6, 2002
Yeah they teach options.

I have 250 shares nugt. I'm like 4k in the red on that trade. Worst trade I ever made. I had no exit plan or stop loss. I had been taxing nugt for a couple months on short plays and then one day it dropped hard and kept falling. Now I'm just holding waiting for when the market drops gold will skyrocket, hopefully.

The instructor in this class says the market will drop 65% at some point soon.

You cannot hold ETF's like that.
Especially any 2x or 3x. Those are all swing trade (3 days average hold time) plays.

I strongly suggest you learn about the Contango Effect as well as Instrinsic Values.

Not bashing, but I have to concur that you haven't, based on the fact you are holding a 3x ETF expecting a bounce back. I'd expect a reverse split on that thing, really soon...