TO THOSE WHO HAVE SUBS IN DA TRUNK!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Sicc OG
Dec 2, 2002
class d amps kick ass... they barely even get warm when you push'em. bestbuy has cheeep shit, but they also offer service plans, you when you fry the shit, you get a new one. say you get tired of an amp, so you purposely burn it out, then go to the store and get a newer model for free. too bad thay don't offer real shit like these heavy bitches:

Jan 12, 2003
^^^^ I thought the same thing about that Boss amp (about how it sucks). Cuz i know almost everything they drop, product wise, isnt that great. But u have to actually give them a chance.

My friend has the absolute same set up as you. So much the same it scared my seeing you type this in cuz he's a dealership, and orders extra shit to sell on ebay!! So who knows, maybe u got it from my friend. But, dont let the name of that amp fool you. It definately does its job.

Sicc OG
Dec 2, 2002
well, thats a cadence amp.... no boss amp on the planet could push those atomics. but yeah generic amps can be good as well... i just got those from a dealer friend of mine too

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
BOSS does not suck I am telling you. It aint top of the line I admit that but it aint down there with fosgate and mtx. That amp makes those audiobahn 12's hit hella hard. I am not one of these bitches who doesnt know my shit about car audio and think cause i got a little thump it HITS lol I know it hits hard. The amp does the job. You cant confuse D class amps with regular boss amps and say it sucks. D Class amps kick ass all around. I have not heard of atomic but its most likely a top of the line brand I cant afford yet. The magnets look weird kinda like the material of a grinder on a metal shop or some shit but i mean that boss D class amp i have is pushin my audiobahns that have 120oz double stacked magnets on it.

Sep 12, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
Xraidedloc you don't know what you are talking about really but I'm not going to sit here and argue with you about it. If you really want to find out how good Boss amps are or any of the products that you have stated you should go over to www.elitecaraudio.com and ask on the message forums. Thos people truly know their shit and some of the people that post on there even make amps.

Feb 23, 2003
IS IT TRUE THAT THERE ARE AMPS OUT THERE THAT ARE OVER 10,000 WATTS OF POWER, AND SUBS THAT UP TO LIKE 30INCHES?
ALL YOU GUYS ON HERE SEEMS TO KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKIN ABOUT BUT IT SEEMS THAT EITHER WAY IT GOES I'M GOING TO HAVE TO SPEND A ARM AND A LEG FOR SOME BUMP... I'M NOT TRYING TO BE CHEAP BUT DAMN..

Jan 12, 2003
and by the way this thread is going (100+ post strong), and by the way u keep saying u dont really know, I bet by the time this damn thread finally ends you wont be into bass.

Oct 9, 2002
Clarion and sudiobahn i think had a 32". Audiobahn is cheap and good you just have to realize that they cant take what they are rated at. Most of the RMS wattages that they claim cant be pushed for very long without the sub blowin up. And i think that was what people were tryin to get at with the Boss amp. No doubt it will do it's job....but basically the better the name brand the more accurate the wattage ratings on the amp/sub are gonna be. Like homeboy said the Boss may not actually push 2000 watts but 1000 is realizable. Same with somethin like Legancy. They say 2000 watts but i doubt if they push more than hundred. Some brads are the other way around too. The JL's i had said they were 500 but were tested at 700.

Peace

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
I know my amp dont push the 2200 watts it claims but it does a hell of a job slumping the audiobahns. I have been slumpin em for like 4 months now. I used to have the audiobahn 120XS series which had the problem you were stating about blowing. The fuckin tinsel leeds kept burning off. Shit pissed me off but these knew ones dont do that.

Feb 23, 2003
betthatstang said:
and by the way this thread is going (100+ post strong), and by the way u keep saying u dont really know, I bet by the time this damn thread finally ends you wont be into bass.
WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU MEAN BY THAT?? I'M TRYING TO LEARN AS MUCH ABOUT THIS AS I CAN FROM THIS THIS THREAD, BUT IT'S HARD BECAUSE NOT MANY PEOPLE AGREE ON ANYTHING. EVERYBODY SAYS DIFFERENT SHIT BUT THIS HELPS ME MAKE A MATURE DECISION ON WHAT TO BUY WITHOUT BREAKING THE BANK...