TO THOSE WHO HAVE SUBS IN DA TRUNK!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 9, 2002
What really matters is the amp. Plenty of subs will sound good but if you dont put enough money in the amp you wont reach your potential. I had JL Audio amps and they were pretty good but pricey. Now i have a Kicker 700.5 5 way amp and i love it...got it for 300 shipped off ebay. You get that amp which puts out 100 x 4 to your other speakers and spend 200 on a nice sub which can handle the 400 watts the same kicker will throw at that and your shit will be soundin nice.

Peace

Nov 14, 2002
I might sound like an old lady, but when a car passes me on the street blasting music so I can hear it for 20 minutes after they've passed me, all I do is talk shit.

I know damnwell people don't have to bump the music that loud for their personal pleasure, and it doesn't impress me at all... Therefore, I don't see the point in it.

Jan 12, 2003
call crazy, but dident we have this discussion before on systems or the such. And i'm with Zero, cant shit sound good that loud, we are already half deaf in this house, so we do listen to music louder than most people, but in your car, just makes no sense to me.

Sep 26, 2002
im with the several other nay-sayers on this

those things are pretty gay
you cant even hear the mix, it'll get all washed up in all the bass....

plus i heard those low frequency waves damage your balls..

Jun 23, 2003
Zer0.MediA said:
And I love it when the trunk rattles.

LOL

I love it when a beat down 80's cutlass rolls up with some essay drivin' it and the front two fenders are primer, the hood brown, and one of the doors yellow. And the daytons with the little curb feelers. And like zero said "the trunk rattling". The essay driver feels like they are on top of the world. Funny shit is down here in Tucson we have the essays that bump there mariachi music like its some bumpin' ass rap. They pull up on the side of you in their lifted chevy truck with big fat tires and it feels like a mariachi just got dropped in your lap at volume level 50. funny shit

Sep 23, 2002
www.wannabattle.com
in10city_131x said:
you cant even hear the mix, it'll get all washed up in all the bass....
thats because a majority of people dont know shit about sound, khz, db, ohms, and all that happy shit. they just pump the bass all the way up and make their shit... sound like SHIT.

my "system" sounds like im in a studio all day and i fuckin love it. especially when playing "the dope show."

Sep 26, 2002
DaSlacker said:
thats because a majority of people dont know shit about sound, khz, db, ohms, and all that happy shit. they just pump the bass all the way up and make their shit... sound like SHIT.

my "system" sounds like im in a studio all day and i fuckin love it. especially when playing "the dope show."
true.
i was talkin about some of dumb pepople here and those fuckin techno yuppies in europe that'll think that as long as the bass makes your ass feel funny it's a good sound system. to me that s just gay hahah

that shit is extremely bad for your ears too because ¥ou're in a small, closed space (windows up) where the waves keep on bouncin back and forth ....

May 16, 2002
if u got hella bass u NEED power to ur mids and highs to even it out. when the bass drowns everything else out it sux.

Daslacker: if u are talkin about Marilyn manson's dope show....that song sound tight as hell in my system too.

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
this is what i got in my ride. I am a audiobahn fan. Peep below.

In my 2001 Pontiac Sunfire I have a Panasonic 602 head unit. A pair of Cross fire 4 x 6's in the doors (which will be getting replaced by a pair of Polk 4x 6's) as well as a pair of Pioneer 6 x 9's in the rear deck lid (also getting replaced with a set of Polk 6 x 9's) and there’s a pair of Hi Fi 1 inch tweets. All the power for these speakers are being supplied by a Sony amplifier that’s puts out 200 watts I then have a pair of Audiobahn 1200Q's,these audiobahns are from the HIGH EXCURSION SERIES all chrome baskets and 2 inch rubber surround foam. For a 2 inch throw outward with 120oz magnets on each one. They are 1100 watts and peak 700 watts rms, they are a dual 4 ohm voice coil so when wired up in bridge they become a pair of 2 ohm woofers. Which are bridged to a 1ohm mono Boss 2200D class D amplifier. This amp is rated to be at 1 ohm 2200 watts power. Supplying this amp requires a constant source of power otherwise you would encounter major voltage drops(dimming of the lights). So I have a 1.5 farad digital capacitor. Everything is powered by a 4 gauge wiring kit into a 4 gang output distribution block. Except for the Boss amp. it's powered by 4 gauge all the way to the amp.

Sicc OG
Dec 2, 2002
i got some atomic 15" apocalypse X subs for sale. they handle up to 16,000 watts. also have the cadence amp to run both of them.

http://www.atomicspeakers.com