Tim Hardaway - Fuck Gays

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 15, 2002
ha Tim kept it real on the radio went off on gay people. He basically said if he had a gay teammate, he'd distance himself from them and they have no place in the league.

I hope the media doesnt try to crucify him for his comments but considering how gay the media is (litterally and figuratively), its bound to happen.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/16700045.htm

Retired Miami Heat guard Tim Hardaway, known for his candor, said on a radio show Wednesday that he would not want a gay player on his team, would ask for him to be traded, and went so far as to say: ``You know, I hate gay people, so I let it be known. I don't like gay people and I don't like to be around gay people. I am homophobic. I don't like it. It shouldn't be in the world or in the United States.''
Hardaway was a guest with host/Herald columnist Dan Le Batard on Sports Talk 790 The Ticket, and at the end of the interview, Le Batard asked Hardaway how he would deal with a gay player, in light of last week's disclosure by retired NBA center John Amaechi that he is gay.
''First of all, I wouldn't want him on my team,'' Hardaway replied. ``And second of all, if he was on my team, I would really distance myself from him because, uh, I don't think that is right. I don't think he should be in the locker room while we are in the locker room. But stuff like that is going on and there's a lot of other people I hear that are like that and still in the closet and don't want to come out of the closet, but you know I just leave that alone.''
Asked what he would do if he had a gay teammate, Hardaway said he would ask for the player to be traded or to be bought out of his contract.
''Something has to give,'' he said. ``And I think the majority of players would ask for him to be traded or they would want to be traded. Or buy him out of his contract and just let him go. Something has to give. If you have 12 other ballplayers in your locker room that are upset and can't concentrate and always worried about him in the locker room or on the court it's going to be hard for your teammates to win and accept him as a teammate.''
Hardaway is the first NBA player -- current or former -- to make anti-gay statements since Amaechi's news came out. In fact, most of the players and coaches quoted last week, including Heat center Shaquille O'Neal, were supportive of Amaechi and said they would not be bothered by a gay teammate.
What if the gay player were a great player, Hardaway was asked.
''If he were that great something would still have to give,'' he said. ``People would feel uncomfortable with that. If you're not gay, nobody in that locker room would feel comfortable with that person on your team.''
Amaechi probably will not be surprised when he reads Hardaway's comments. He said in a phone interview Tuesday he believes there is still a lot of homophobia in society and in professional sports locker rooms.
''We are much further behind than I'd like,'' Amaechi said. ``People in America and England [where Amaechi grew up] would like to think racism is over, sexism is over, and homophobia is over, but it's not. My coming out will show that gay people don't all look like Jack from Will and Grace. Some of us are big, athletic men, and that should be OK.''
Amaechi said he had not heard from a single former teammate or NBA player, that he had only heard from former coach Doc Rivers. He challenged straight athletes ''who feel able'' to stand up for gay rights.
''I would like professional male athletes to be active supporters, and that doesn't mean putting a rainbow decal on their car,'' he said. ``It means letting other guys in the locker room know that it's not OK to make gay jokes, that it's hurtful, and that it's not OK to be homophobic.
``But it's hard to get straight guys to step up. When men stood by women during the suffrage movement, they were called progressive and bold. When whites stood by blacks, they were heroes. But a straight guy standing up for a gay guy faces discrimination, and that's a big part of the battle we're fighting.''

May 5, 2002
i was talkin about this the other night.

i have no problem with a gay team mate. but shit takin a shower with a gay cat? nah not gonna happen. All these media people actin like its no big deal, but fuck that let that gay cat get a hard-on while in the shower. doubt mf's gonna be okay and PC about that

Apr 25, 2002
AC Transit said:
whats funny is how wnba is all gay (fans and players) so stern needs to defend gays so he doesnt fuck off a fan base.
My buddy used to be a practice squad player with the Seattle Storm, our WNBA team, and he said that 10 of the 12 women were lesbians.

Nov 7, 2006
FATAL NYGHTMARE said:
WEAK!

I hate when people make statements that they obviously mean, then turn around and apologize.
i porlly would too if i said somethin like that cause then ur just gonna have ppl followin u everywhere and just tryin to interview u and shit so he prolly didnt mean it. IMO i think its fucked up he said that but its his opinion so he should be able to say it if he wants. i wouldnt give a fuck if a gay guy was on my team or even if i lived wit one i wouldnt mind, but if he tries to seduce me or some shit then it would be a different story

Apr 25, 2002
Jesse fuckin' Rice said:
Sue Bird and Laruen Jackson must be the exceptions. Sue is dating a dude now and Luaren has at least one kis and i believe is married.
Well what I was told by this dude who worked in the Team Shop and played with them like 3 nights a week (so it's not like this guy's opinion is infallable, I took it with a grain of salt), Lauren Jackson is lesbian and got it on with a teammate of hers and Sue Bird was according to some people he talked to "confused" AKA a switch hitter. Supposedly the only straight girl on the team was Janelle Burse.

If you can find something that proves those two are married or have kids then feel free to post it in here.

I don't give a shit for anything other than comedic reasons, I care more about tonight's Central Connecticut State vs Monmouth game than I do the Seattle storm, you probably feel the same way. By "comedic" I mean this guy used to break his ribs laughing at the 2,500 obese, buzz-cutted lesbians who attended the Storm games, and knowing that 11 of the 12 women on the team were that way too just kind of made the whole institution of Storm Basketball kind of funny to him.

May 9, 2002
xpanther206 said:
Well what I was told by this dude who worked in the Team Shop and played with them like 3 nights a week (so it's not like this guy's opinion is infallable, I took it with a grain of salt), Lauren Jackson is lesbian and got it on with a teammate of hers and Sue Bird was according to some people he talked to "confused" AKA a switch hitter. Supposedly the only straight girl on the team was Janelle Burse.

If you can find something that proves those two are married or have kids then feel free to post it in here.

I don't give a shit for anything other than comedic reasons, I care more about tonight's Central Connecticut State vs Monmouth game than I do the Seattle storm, you probably feel the same way. By "comedic" I mean this guy used to break his ribs laughing at the 2,500 obese, buzz-cutted lesbians who attended the Storm games, and knowing that 11 of the 12 women on the team were that way too just kind of made the whole institution of Storm Basketball kind of funny to him.
Hell, maybe they are lessies. I looked up Sue's page and for sexual oreintation is says "no answer". I tried googling Lauren Jackson, but it doesnt give any details, just specualtion becuase she is a WNBA player. All i know is, when I met Lauren, she had a little kid with her. I guess i shouldnt assume that was her child, but what else would i think?

Either way, i really dont give a shit; about them or the WNBA. Im just extremely bored today.

Apr 25, 2002
Jesse fuckin' Rice said:
Either way, i really dont give a shit; about them or the WNBA. Im just extremely bored today.
I feel the same way. Any straight man who does give a shit about the WNBA for anything other than comedic purposes isn't a straight man.

Dana Dane

RIP Vallejo Kid
May 3, 2002
I was just talkin about this with my husband.....

I don't think that a pro ball player who is in the locker room preparing for a game is going to be starin at a dick thinkin how bad he wants to suck it. He's going to be as focused on the game as a straight player.

Aug 7, 2006
^^IF MEN AND WOMEN GOT DRESSED TOGETHER BEFORE A GAME THEY WERE PLAYING ,YOU DONT THINK THE GUYS' MINDS WOULD BE ON GETTIN IN SOME GUTS?????? OR THE CHICKS THINKIN ABOUT WHICH GUY SHE WOULD WANT TO RIP HER COOCHY UP FOR THAT MATTER???

Dana Dane

RIP Vallejo Kid
May 3, 2002
If they were in a children's league. I think professionals, who are being paid well to do their job, would be more focused on the game at hand.

When a rep comes on from a lender, i don't think "oooh, I would give him some", I think "oooh, i wonder if he has the best rates today"