things gettin better for jamarcus russell

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
Yo RSR and Fatal both have valid point. Can't argue wit that...

Only thing though fatal... As sad n pathetic as it is to say this but pretty much ANNNNNY QB was an upgrade for us. JR is just absolutly TERRIBLE. My previous posts have CLEARLY stated I was not a JR fan from the get go at all but only supported him cuz he was on my fav team that I fuckin love! Adding Campbell is a HUUUGE upgrade at the QB position compared to JR(keyword JR). Now, compared to a protypical NFL starting QB, Campbell is average. He has the tools, but can he put it all together n make it happen on the field? Yet to be seen..... To his defense, every year campbell has improved his stats(the ones that matter for a QB like yds, completion, tds, qb ratio, etc) but at the end of the day, stats don't win ball games(see Patriots 3 years ago).

I've said it before and say it again, Campbell ain't gonna come in here n put up Peyton #'s, prolly not even close, but since we're more of a run first offense, we just need Campbell to make accurate throws(stats show he's improved that aspect each year) to his receivers when needed, and have a presence in the pocket. He was average at Washington and still IS average at best, but in a way he was "set up" for failure wit the HC, and OC changing every year, shitty o line, and overall lack of talent on the o side. Same could be said bout the raiders but we're goin in year 2 with the same coach and system. The team is slowly buyin into what cable is tryna do here n change the culture, and attitude of this team. U need stability as a QB and changing schemes n offense every year will def hurt the qb. U finally get used to the system and then BAM here comes a new system the next year. That'll def be stressful on the offense overall n not just the QB.

I hope he can become a great qb, and hopefully it happens with us raiders BUT GOD DAMN COMPARED TO JR, HES FUCKIN BRADY, MANNING, BREES ETC ALL PUT TOGETHER AS A QB!! LOL. That's how bad JR was for the raiders, and I think most of the other fans take it the wrong way thinking that we believe Campbell is the BEST qb ever n will shit on any team which is FAAAAAR from the truth but compared to JR, he is. JR was so fuckin bad that he made the next QB(with slighty better production) look like an all pro LOL. We had Bruce gradkowski as our starter at one point last year and even HE was waaaaaay better than JR. That's WHY us raider fans are so pumped because we actually have a servicable QB that can try to take the team to another level.

Overall, raider fans expect a lot.. Some crazy expectations. Even delusional. While I try to be realistic n take baby steps. We MIGHT make the playoffs, doubtful, but u bet ur ass I'll be cheerin em on to win every damn game. I would like us to actually be .500 or over at the end of the season. That is more realistic than the playoffs. We still have so many key positions to fill, and no where near finished BUT we actually had a great draft this year and filled positions that we needed desperatly. We won't know if any of these draftees will pan out yet but the fact is, the raiders actually took intiative to improve positions we sorely lacked talent in. It's a step in the right direction, a start.... Which is somethin I haven't been to able to say AT ALL bout the raiders in recent years.

RAIDER NATION!!!!!

Apr 25, 2002
Yo RSR and Fatal both have valid point. Can't argue wit that...

Only thing though fatal... As sad n pathetic as it is to say this but pretty much ANNNNNY QB was an upgrade for us. JR is just absolutly TERRIBLE. My previous posts have CLEARLY stated I was not a JR fan from the get go at all but only supported him cuz he was on my fav team that I fuckin love! Adding Campbell is a HUUUGE upgrade at the QB position compared to JR(keyword JR). Now, compared to a protypical NFL starting QB, Campbell is average. He has the tools, but can he put it all together n make it happen on the field? Yet to be seen..... To his defense, every year campbell has improved his stats(the ones that matter for a QB like yds, completion, tds, qb ratio, etc) but at the end of the day, stats don't win ball games(see Patriots 3 years ago).

I've said it before and say it again, Campbell ain't gonna come in here n put up Peyton #'s, prolly not even close, but since we're more of a run first offense, we just need Campbell to make accurate throws(stats show he's improved that aspect each year) to his receivers when needed, and have a presence in the pocket. He was average at Washington and still IS average at best, but in a way he was "set up" for failure wit the HC, and OC changing every year, shitty o line, and overall lack of talent on the o side. Same could be said bout the raiders but we're goin in year 2 with the same coach and system. The team is slowly buyin into what cable is tryna do here n change the culture, and attitude of this team. U need stability as a QB and changing schemes n offense every year will def hurt the qb. U finally get used to the system and then BAM here comes a new system the next year. That'll def be stressful on the offense overall n not just the QB.

I hope he can become a great qb, and hopefully it happens with us raiders BUT GOD DAMN COMPARED TO JR, HES FUCKIN BRADY, MANNING, BREES ETC ALL PUT TOGETHER AS A QB!! LOL. That's how bad JR was for the raiders, and I think most of the other fans take it the wrong way thinking that we believe Campbell is the BEST qb ever n will shit on any team which is FAAAAAR from the truth but compared to JR, he is. JR was so fuckin bad that he made the next QB(with slighty better production) look like an all pro LOL. We had Bruce gradkowski as our starter at one point last year and even HE was waaaaaay better than JR. That's WHY us raider fans are so pumped because we actually have a servicable QB that can try to take the team to another level.

Overall, raider fans expect a lot.. Some crazy expectations. Even delusional. While I try to be realistic n take baby steps. We MIGHT make the playoffs, doubtful, but u bet ur ass I'll be cheerin em on to win every damn game. I would like us to actually be .500 or over at the end of the season. That is more realistic than the playoffs. We still have so many key positions to fill, and no where near finished BUT we actually had a great draft this year and filled positions that we needed desperatly. We won't know if any of these draftees will pan out yet but the fact is, the raiders actually took intiative to improve positions we sorely lacked talent in. It's a step in the right direction, a start.... Which is somethin I haven't been to able to say AT ALL bout the raiders in recent years.

RAIDER NATION!!!!!
Right on, man.

Dec 2, 2006
These are the type of QB's Oakland has had success with in the past. Veterans who find themselves 5-8 years into their career. I mean Campbell has not had an easy ride in Washington but gets the passes where they need to be. Sometimes players need a change of scenery to reach the level of play they are capable of playing at. Honestly, I think our offense is going to be in the top half of the league if we stay healthy this year. I will take a few lumps to ultimately achieve greatness(we have been taking lumps). The Raiders are long overdue for a breakout season. These kids are hungry and the Raiders have cleaned house. This is the year we turn the tables. Al Davis has been solely responsible for the last 7 years. But I really think he gets it. Cutting Russell said alot. It is not rocket science. The most stubborn of the stubborn can not be that blind.

Apr 25, 2002
Honestly, I think our offense is going to be in the top half of the league if we stay healthy this year.
I see an improvement, but this is a bit over the top. They'll probably improve 5-10 slots in the rankings, but still be in the bottom 1/3. Adding a mediocre QB isn't going to boost your offense that far in a single offseason. I understand he's a huge improvement over Russell (who isn't?), but you had Gradkowski, who was at least semi-mediocre, running things last year and the offense didn't take a tremendous leap from Russell's offense. I wouldn't expect Campbell's offense to be a huge leap, either. As much as Washington is in disarray, they still have more talent on their offense for Campbell to work with than you guys have in Oakland. I wouldn't doubt a decline in production for him in his first year with you guys.

Your problem is you don't seem to believe in gradual progression and you expect your team to go from garbage to contender in one offseason. Now, don't get me wrong, it obviously can and has happened before, but more often than not, teams gradually improve and become a contender. If the raiders do become a contender, it will be a gradual progression and it will take at least 2 more years.

That's my opinion. I'm sure you don't agree with it, but that's fine.

Dec 2, 2006
=FATAL NYGHTMARE;5228294]I see an improvement, but this is a bit over the top. They'll probably improve 5-10 slots in the rankings, but still be in the bottom 1/3. Adding a mediocre QB isn't going to boost your offense that far in a single offseason. I understand he's a huge improvement over Russell (who isn't?), but you had Gradkowski, who was at least semi-mediocre, running things last year and the offense didn't take a tremendous leap from Russell's offense. I wouldn't expect Campbell's offense to be a huge leap, either. As much as Washington is in disarray, they still have more talent on their offense for Campbell to work with than you guys have in Oakland. I wouldn't doubt a decline in production for him in his first year with you guys

Lets look at it like this: 2010 Stats
RAIDERS/49ERS
Total offensive yards-266/291
Total Pass yards per game-160/190
Total run yards per game-106/100
Points per game-15/21

Granted, the 49ers had better offensive numbers overall, I am not denying that. But all bullshit aside, we only gained 30 yards less a game(passing) than the 49ers. When Gradkowski or Frye was at QB, we gained atleast 30 yards more a game. Our offense was noticably better without Russell at QB. He just did not want to step up in the pocket consistently. With a new OC, an NFL caliber work ethic from a capable QB in Campbell, a year under some of our younger offensive players belts, I think we easily add 70-100 yards of offense and 7-10 points per game, no problem. Not that big of a jump in reality. I will say it again, the Raiders are a young team on offense. I think we have the talent, it is a matter of putting the pieces in the right places. Hue Jackson should have no problem connecting the dots. Washington did not have more talent, imo. If Campbell plays like he should, we will be a force to be reckoned with. QB play is important on the offensive side of the ball. We have Gradkoswki and Boller(I like him) as capable back-ups as well. The Raiders can easily jump into the top 16. This alone would push them there.

Your problem is you don't seem to believe in gradual progression and you expect your team to go from garbage to contender in one offseason. Now, don't get me wrong, it obviously can and has happened before, but more often than not, teams gradually improve and become a contender. If the raiders do become a contender, it will be a gradual progression and it will take at least 2 more years.

That's my opinion. I'm sure you don't agree with it, but that's fine.
We have been gradually progressing. We were held back last year because of JR, there is no doubt about that. I have faith in what we have if we stay healthy. That is how teams go from garbage to a contender overnight. Like Miami in recent memory. All these guys are the best at what they do. It is a matter of getting them together as a team on the same page and working towards that common goal of winning a championship. Maybe it takes two years. But when we do get good again, it will be for another nice little run. Cable may not be the best HC, but he has the balls to give the players a chance to make plays. Just let the play determine that, not contracts, and we are BACK!

Jun 1, 2002
The unsung difference-maker for the Raiders this year will be Hue Jackson. Jackson will be a regarded as an elite Offensive Coordinator within the next 2 years for his work with the Raiders.

You heard it here first.

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
And to anyone crying like a bitch about radiostationrep and I actually making points and having a decent debate, don't read it if you don't like it. Skip our posts. Do whatever you have to do to get over it, but for the sake of your own integrity, don't cry about it like a bitch.
i actually agree with both of u on a few things.. but aint no one crying bout shit. fuck your period blood colored font its just annoying and u know it. and i dont read ur shit 99% of the time because of it too(except a few postson here). i just like to remind u. fuck ur red font. shit fucks wit my eyes...

Apr 25, 2002
Lets look at it like this: 2010 Stats
RAIDERS/49ERS
Total offensive yards-266/291
Total Pass yards per game-160/190
Total run yards per game-106/100
Points per game-15/21

Granted, the 49ers had better offensive numbers overall, I am not denying that. But all bullshit aside, we only gained 30 yards less a game(passing) than the 49ers. When Gradkowski or Frye was at QB, we gained atleast 30 yards more a game. Our offense was noticably better without Russell at QB. He just did not want to step up in the pocket consistently. With a new OC, an NFL caliber work ethic from a capable QB in Campbell, a year under some of our younger offensive players belts, I think we easily add 70-100 yards of offense and 7-10 points per game, no problem. Not that big of a jump in reality. I will say it again, the Raiders are a young team on offense. I think we have the talent, it is a matter of putting the pieces in the right places. Hue Jackson should have no problem connecting the dots. Washington did not have more talent, imo. If Campbell plays like he should, we will be a force to be reckoned with. QB play is important on the offensive side of the ball. We have Gradkoswki and Boller(I like him) as capable back-ups as well. The Raiders can easily jump into the top 16. This alone would push them there.

We have been gradually progressing. We were held back last year because of JR, there is no doubt about that. I have faith in what we have if we stay healthy. That is how teams go from garbage to a contender overnight. Like Miami in recent memory. All these guys are the best at what they do. It is a matter of getting them together as a team on the same page and working towards that common goal of winning a championship. Maybe it takes two years. But when we do get good again, it will be for another nice little run. Cable may not be the best HC, but he has the balls to give the players a chance to make plays. Just let the play determine that, not contracts, and we are BACK!
Right on homie. I can dig that.

Let's just say I have my doubts, but it is possible so I won't act like you haven't made a decent point. I just don't see that big of a jump this season, but if I'm wrong, you can bet your ass I will own up to it.

Apr 25, 2002
i actually agree with both of u on a few things.. but aint no one crying bout shit. fuck your period blood colored font its just annoying and u know it. and i dont read ur shit 99% of the time because of it too(except a few postson here). i just like to remind u. fuck ur red font. shit fucks wit my eyes...
That's part of the reason I use it.

I don't even know who you are on these boards, so I wouldn't mind if that 99% turned into 100%. What you are doing right now is crying like a little BITCH whether you realize it or not.

Don't read my posts. It won't hurt me, trust me. Put me on block if you have to.

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
Fuck u and your faggot ass. Like I give a fuck if u know me. Who the fuck do u think U r really? O shit a cock sucker named faggot nightmare doesn't know me. woopty do! Carry on with ur menstrual blood posting ways queer.

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
gannon wasn't doing shit when we picked him up and nobody thought he'd have our squad running the afc west either. so judging campbell on what he did in washington isn't worth much.

Apr 25, 2002
Fuck u and your faggot ass. Like I give a fuck if u know me. Who the fuck do u think U r really? O shit a cock sucker named faggot nightmare doesn't know me. woopty do! Carry on with ur menstrual blood posting ways queer.
Now see, radio, this is an example of someone acting like a female.

I said I don't know you because you whined about my font, as if I had some sort of reason to give a shit if you read my posts or not. Being that I don't even remember you ever saying anything that ever caught my attention outside of this post, I have no reason to care if you read them or not. So, the question is, who do YOU think you are, really? What makes you so special that I should give half a rat's ass about your likeliness to read my posts?

Get the fuck outta here. Go cry about shit elsewhere. This is the Sports forum, where grown men talk about sports, not where bitchmade ass pussies get their feelings hurt over a font color and develop the need to share their feelings like a hormonal 13-year-old girl.

Apr 25, 2002
gannon wasn't doing shit when we picked him up and nobody thought he'd have our squad running the afc west either. so judging campbell on what he did in washington isn't worth much.
It's so easy to forget about all the people Gannon had around him, isn't it?

Come on guys, I can't be the only one to realize things like this. Campbell will not have Tim Brown and Jerry Rice to throw to and he won't have the same caliber O-Line. Even thought Brown and Rice were already old, they were still far better than anything you guys have to help Jason Campbell right now.

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
first off fuck your font
Second it easy to call someone a bitch over the net.
Thirdly fuck you and your font

We do not have playoff calibur oline as of yet but I need to see how this offense is as a whole come sept .
We had all pro's on that team with gannon and company

Only thing I can almost guarantee is we will be better than last year. Based on the mentality of hue Jackson and cables leadership. Al still runs the show bu I think cable has this team buying into what hes wants to see. 20-25 passes a game lots of running. ... oline is suspect tho..

Dec 2, 2006
It's so easy to forget about all the people Gannon had around him, isn't it?

Come on guys, I can't be the only one to realize things like this. Campbell will not have Tim Brown and Jerry Rice to throw to and he won't have the same caliber O-Line. Even thought Brown and Rice were already old, they were still far better than anything you guys have to help Jason Campbell right now.

Washington brought in McNabb, a Shanahan move more than likely. Having a veteran QB like McNabb is big. It allows Shanahan the ability to draft a QB next year and ride McNabb for three years. He is a pro and gave Campbell an opportunity to have a fresh start. I think he is a find for a 5th round draft pick. Campbell had an overall passer rating of 86.4 in 2009. He had 5 games with 100 or higher passer rating, and 4 with 90 or over. His best game came against, get this, the superbowl champion Saints. In a loss to New Orleans, he passed for 367 yards, 3 tds, and 1 int. His passer rating was 111.9.

Campbell has improved every year he has been in the league. He has plenty of help here in Oakland. To start, Hue Jackson is a gem at OC. Everybody has nothing but good things to say about the guy. It does not take rocket science to see what kind of identity we need on offense. One that is run based with a heavy dose of Michael Bush. McFadden should be used as a change of pace, but should be on the field 60-70% of the time as a reciever, wing back, etc. Things to get him in space. Having a running game helps everyone else on the field. It keeps the defense honest because now they have to respect our run game. Play action will open up plays for the recievers, tight ends, and QB.We are young on offense, but I think we have the playmakers to put points on the board. If we stay healthy, our offense will definately be in the top 16 in the league.

I believe this though: Gannon carried Brown and Rice towards the end of their careers, not the other way around. Gannon was a general on the field. It just so happened he was placed with other pros, sort of like what Cable is trying to bring back. The kind of players who are accountable for their actions.

Dec 2, 2006
Based on the mentality of hue Jackson and cables leadership. Al still runs the show bu I think cable has this team buying into what hes wants to see. 20-25 passes a game lots of running. ... oline is suspect tho..
Al is letting them steer for a change. i think he is in on the discussions but is letting Cable and Co . do their thing. Our o-line looked much better when Russell was not on the field.

Jun 1, 2002

I believe this though: Gannon carried Brown and Rice towards the end of their careers, not the other way around. Gannon was a general on the field. It just so happened he was placed with other pros, sort of like what Cable is trying to bring back. The kind of players who are accountable for their actions.
Absolutely, 100% true. Gannon doesn't get nearly the amount of credit he deserves. If he had won a ring he would worthy of HOF consideration.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Man screw Gannon, I thought Gruden's west coast offense combined with two hall of fame wide receivers (and one being the best of all time) made Gannon look better than what he really was. And then you add Charlie Garner (who was a great "receiving back" out of the backfield).... Gannon was surrounded by weapons. He was overrated period! He turned in the worst performance ever by a Qb in the SuperBowl. I'll never forget him throwing 5 interceptions with 3 of them being returned for TD's. All Gannon did was dink and dunk.

When he played against Gruden/Tampa cover 2 in the SuperBowl, Gruden took the short pass away and forced Gannon to read defenses and throw it deeper and look what happend.