The "what are you playing" thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
Dude, you can get a Gamecube or a Dreamcast for like $30 at your local mom and pop game store.
I know. I traded in my psp awhile back cause it was about to break so I have more than half to get a PS3 so I'm just waitin to get the bread together. I almost broke down and bought a refurbished 360 but those bitches break a lot

Jun 24, 2005
Hmmm I'm kind of in the middle of a Halo run. I beat Halo: Reach for the third time, then beat Halo Wars and now I'm on Halo: Combat Evolved. I know it's not in chronological order, but I didn't feel like playing through Reach again and then going into CE.

I'll probably mix in some Reach MP here n there.

Also have a Bioshock 2 play-through in progress that i haven't touched since before Reach came out.
I barely even played Halo: CE after making this post lol.

I started playin' WWESVR10 again. I hadn't touched it for almost a year.

I've also been playin' Gears of War co-op with my buddy. Even though I know almost every single thing about the campaign, it's still so much fun to play.

I wish I was playin' Black Ops, but I don't have the money for it right now.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Darksiders

Platforming similar to Dante's Inferno and storyline really close in comparison, almost like Dante's in hell and War is above him on Earth dealing with the consequences. lol

Anyway, it's a sick ass game. It's got everything from shooting pistols on horseback to conjuring up magic to swinging from chains into unmapped areas.

The character design is heavy and bulky, and that took some getting use to simply because I prefer characters like Dante(DMC) that are regular sized. These guys are big like Rescue Heroes(Fisher-Price toys).

Level design is pretty amazing with all areas, unreachable included, look full as if you could climb to them unlike many games where level barriers appear flat or discolored.

The story is really cool and I'm coming up on a big plot twist here pretty soon as I'm nearing the end.

The one complaint I do have from the game is actually some of the platforming. At times, I get lost and crammed up near a wall when I'm fighting someone after utilizing the lock-on feature and the controls for rides War takes through the game could be a little more delicately handled rather than controlled like a small character like War himself. The controls are too quick, is what I'm saying, and it took some getting use to.

8/10

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
i finished god of war - ghost of sparta for the psp last week....great game and too bad it couldnt be redone for ps3 cause its that great

working on assassins creed: brotherhood ....this game is epic all around...this should be game of the year

and black ops and nba jam which are in the drawer for now until im spent on AC3

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Was going through Darksiders again, but I said to hell with it and sent that and FF 13 to my nephew. I'm going back to my Dead Space campaign run on the hardest difficulty with the regular gun (line cutter I believe.)

I may pick up Halo Wars tommorow (or today for that matter), but on the 30th I know for a fact I'll be playing DEAD NATION and the new pac man.