The "what are you playing" thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
Their older games are pretty good, but you really gotta put up wolfenstein 3D type of graphics. Theres more to do in this game than any other Elder Scroll in the series and you won't believe how big the map is. Available for free dl here:

http://www.elderscrolls.com/daggerfall/

Then people are making a mod improving graphics and other features here:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/daggerxl

Modding a game this big is insane..
I actually downloaded Daggerfall yesterday. I read that it's about the same size as Great Britain. I'm still not used to the controls and I did like about 6 times in the first dungeon lol. But that modded one looks cool. I'll download it.

Apr 2, 2010
I actually downloaded Daggerfall yesterday. I read that it's about the same size as Great Britain. I'm still not used to the controls and I did like about 6 times in the first dungeon lol. But that modded one looks cool. I'll download it.
Thats whats up bro, did you try going into Controls/Mouse and switching it to view? Its much easier once you get use to it and won't kill your hands and fingers as much from all the button pushing..

If you have any problems on the game hit me up, theres a ton of glitches I've experienced so far and there isn't many guides online. Also, the game randomizes the names of everything in the game including characters (main storyline characters may stay the same) and towns making it harder to find your way around since guides can't point you where to go.

Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
Thats whats up bro, did you try going into Controls/Mouse and switching it to view? Its much easier once you get use to it and won't kill your hands and fingers as much from all the button pushing..

If you have any problems on the game hit me up, theres a ton of glitches I've experienced so far and there isn't many guides online. Also, the game randomizes the names of everything in the game including characters (main storyline characters may stay the same) and towns making it harder to find your way around since guides can't point you where to go.
I didn't mess around with the options so I just used the default settings. It's weird to me that I have to click on the screen if I want to turn around. I really need to get used to that. This game seems a lot more confusing than the newer Elder Scrolls.

Apr 2, 2010
Yeah you won't have to click on the screen if you change the controls to "view." The view option makes it exactly like modern games where you just move the mouse in the direction you want to look. Push enter to enable or disable the mouse pointer on screen, and there should be a way to get rid of the action cursor on the bottom (once you get use to the controls/buttons) but I haven't tried anything yet.

Theres alot to learn but once you get use to it its easy.

Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
Yeah you won't have to click on the screen if you change the controls to "view." The view option makes it exactly like modern games where you just move the mouse in the direction you want to look. Push enter to enable or disable the mouse pointer on screen, and there should be a way to get rid of the action cursor on the bottom (once you get use to the controls/buttons) but I haven't tried anything yet.

Theres alot to learn but once you get use to it its easy.
Thanks that's gonna help me a lot.

Jun 24, 2005
Alan Wake. Finished the first episode, and I'm a little through the second episode.

It's not a bad game, solid so far. The story definitely has me intrigued. If it keeps with the same gameplay, it could get very repetitive, but hopefully the story will make it worth it.

Jun 24, 2005
Alan Wake is super dopesauce.

Also, I finished Shadows of the Damned for the third time today. I love this fucking game.
Yeah it's pretty good. It's definitely got better as I've went along. I'm up to episode five now.

I will say it's A LOT better when someone is with Alan. The episodes with Barry and the Sheriff are a lot more fun it seems.

Jun 24, 2005
Hey Kirby, have you played the DLC for Alan Wake?

I liked the game enough to keep it. The Signal DLC will come with that, so I'm curious about the other piece of DLC and how you rate it.