the portland trailblazers

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 17, 2008
yeah i agree with you that oden has a lot to carry on his shoulders.. i hope for his sake that he can handle all that and doesn't let it get to his head.. that's a lot to handle for a 20 year old comin off microfracture surgery and to carry the hopes of an entire city on his shoulders.

i don't see portland being too competitive on opening night, especially in la. not like bynum will be 100% (or oden), but it won't be even close. portland is still 2-3 years away from competing with the heavy hitters.
wont even be close? i have to strongly disagree with that. we still have brandon roy, LA, Rudy, travis outlaw, i think we can compete with anyone, not to mention that we have two 7 footers available at all times that can alter and block shots. with lamarcus playing good d, travis can sometimes block a couple, and rudy is real agressive on that side of the ball as well. And Nic Batum even though he is verrrrrrry young, still plays hard and hits the boards and plays D too. Greg will beast Bynum around, and when bynums out, who you got down there? pau??? kobe might get his 20 or so, but hes gonna get that on anyone, if we can play D on the rest of the squad, we should make a game out of it, even come out of LA with a W, have to disagree with the not being able to compete with heavy hitters too, last year we played a lot of the good teams tough, and almost won some, and we added important/good pieces this year

Feb 17, 2008
blazers looked pretty good......that kid aldridge is a (here we go again) beast
i dont know whats up with mohawks, but kevin martin is coming along, he was unstoppable last night, ill give yall that, i dont think salmons is gonna be putting anywhere near those numbers all season. LA is gonna be tough to guard, specially with oden drawing so many double and triple teams, if LA is knocking down that jumper, hes gonna be awesome this year

wino

Sicc OG
Jan 4, 2004
wont even be close? i have to strongly disagree with that. we still have brandon roy, LA, Rudy, travis outlaw, i think we can compete with anyone, not to mention that we have two 7 footers available at all times that can alter and block shots. with lamarcus playing good d, travis can sometimes block a couple, and rudy is real agressive on that side of the ball as well. And Nic Batum even though he is verrrrrrry young, still plays hard and hits the boards and plays D too. Greg will beast Bynum around, and when bynums out, who you got down there? pau??? kobe might get his 20 or so, but hes gonna get that on anyone, if we can play D on the rest of the squad, we should make a game out of it, even come out of LA with a W, have to disagree with the not being able to compete with heavy hitters too, last year we played a lot of the good teams tough, and almost won some, and we added important/good pieces this year
You make some good points, and Portland had a great run last year (was it 13 straight W's?). I just think they're too young and inexperienced at this point to come into opening night in LA and throw down. I don't see Oden having his way with Bynum or Pau, at least consistently. Oden still needs to get his legs underneath him and learn the game before he has a big impact.

I still think it's going to be a few years before the team can come into their own. I also think there's too many unknowns at this point to go any further, given Oden's knee and if he can live up to expectations. And Roy has had several surgeries himself, so that's another question if he can stay healthy. But I'd like to see Portland do well. I think it's great for the league and especially the city of Portland and what y'all have gone through up there in the past 10 years to have a team like this.

Feb 17, 2008
You make some good points, and Portland had a great run last year (was it 13 straight W's?). I just think they're too young and inexperienced at this point to come into opening night in LA and throw down. I don't see Oden having his way with Bynum or Pau, at least consistently. Oden still needs to get his legs underneath him and learn the game before he has a big impact.

I still think it's going to be a few years before the team can come into their own. I also think there's too many unknowns at this point to go any further, given Oden's knee and if he can live up to expectations. And Roy has had several surgeries himself, so that's another question if he can stay healthy. But I'd like to see Portland do well. I think it's great for the league and especially the city of Portland and what y'all have gone through up there in the past 10 years to have a team like this.
yeah it was 13 wins... i dont see oden dominating in LA on the offensive end, but he is definitely gonna have an impact on the defensive side, with just how big he is, and when he comes out we still got 7'1 przybilla coming in...its gonna be a great test to see where we are at, at this point for sure. and thanks for the support, we have gone through some shitty times the last few years, ever since we blew that fucking 14 point 4th quarter lead to the lakers in the conference finals...fuckers lol

wino

Sicc OG
Jan 4, 2004
yeah it was 13 wins... i dont see oden dominating in LA on the offensive end, but he is definitely gonna have an impact on the defensive side, with just how big he is, and when he comes out we still got 7'1 przybilla coming in...its gonna be a great test to see where we are at, at this point for sure. and thanks for the support, we have gone through some shitty times the last few years, ever since we blew that fucking 14 point 4th quarter lead to the lakers in the conference finals...fuckers lol
Yeah you guys had it rough even before that I'd say with everyone gettin in trouble and all that shit. And I'm surprised Paul Allen still owns the team. I remember when he was pretty much hated in Portland a few years ago. And that 4th quarter was one of my favorite moments as a Laker fan back in 2000. Another one of my favorite moments came at the expense of Portland as well, think it was game 6 of the conference finals in 1991. LA was up 3-2 in the series, and everyone knew if it went to game 7 back in Portland it was over.. Portland was down 1 in that game with time winding down, and Porter clanked a shot off the front of the rim, Magic grabbed the rebound and tossed it over his head down court to let time run out......... Y'all have had it rough over the years! Probably the best team ever to not win a championship (Clyde, Kersey, Porter, Duck, Williams), the whole Sam Bowie thing, etc... Anyways, glad to see that the rivalry will probably be reignited in the next few seasons.

Feb 17, 2008
yeah i didnt find any links, but i saw the result, after leading by 14 at halftime, what the shit, whatever, we didnt play roy, aldridge, oden or pryzbilla, so not really that upset, we looked like we were doing well. its good to see Frye have a good game, rudy did his thing, and sergio had 7 assists and 1 turnover, i cant wait for tuesday, go blazers

Jun 27, 2005
Only one day left Blazer fans, Rip City is back! I hope we come out strong, fucking first 5 games are gonna give us a test right away, @ Lakers, spurs, @ suns, @ utah, houston??? jesus!
I think all of those are winnable games with the exception of Houston. We had a lot of trouble with them last year and they have the two guys who really give Roy fits in Battier and Artest.

Feb 17, 2008
i think they are winnable too, but its going to be a matter of how we have learned to play with each other and what not, just sayin id be happy with a 2-3 start with those 5 teams to start out. and houston yeah both those guys gave roy fits last year, but his supporting cast is a bit better, and hes bulked up himself so the bullying that artest and battier are gonna throw at him, hopefully, wont be as much of a problem. im just pumped as fuck that the season is actually starting tommorow!!! fuckin 25 hours and counting...