The Pledge

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2008
Alot of people fighting and carrying on over the pledge because the pledge doesnt mean anything because anyone can do it. blah blah

Did anyone actually do it ? ring up and talk or whatever ?..has tech got a automatic message on the phone number up on the blog so you can repeat it ?? someone throw up a recording off it all haha i wanna hear that shit

May 7, 2008
WTF are you talking about, breh?

To take The Pledge, simply call (347) 994-3066 on Thursday 3PM CST and be ready! Read “The Pledge of a Techn9cian” below:

Together we are a powerful force,
As one mind, body and soul.
Let no evil enter nor attempt
To reduce us because of the beliefs we hold.
And with this love c0mbined with our strength,
We ward off pain and stress.
Technician I am wholeheartedly in life and in death!

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
watch your mouth JED! music is only the foundation
I believe it was you that once said if somebody didn't like the things you did that you admired their ego, so I expect you to hold me to the same mentality.

Mr. Yates, you're my boy and have done many great things for me that I have equally reciprocated, however I simply do not believe in taking a pledge dedicated to any man, preacher or musical artist/visionary/musical pioneer alike.

I got your back on all fronts, but I'm not taking the pledge.

Sorry... and shit? ;D

Sep 30, 2002
I believe it was you that once said if somebody didn't like the things you did that you admired their ego, so I expect you to hold me to the same mentality.

Mr. Yates, you're my boy and have done many great things for me that I have equally reciprocated, however I simply do not believe in taking a pledge dedicated to any man, preacher or musical artist/visionary/musical pioneer alike.

I got your back on all fronts, but I'm not taking the pledge.

Sorry... and shit? ;D
"Mr. Yates" has done some great things for me as well some of which I have not shown my appreciation for and in some cases have even done the opposite, but he none the less has treated me well and just based on that alone I would never want to hinder any of his endeavors.

I do not work for Strange or "moderate" any Strange forums, and I am not sure what your arrangement is with Strange but my guess is you were chosen for a good reason to do so.

I would also think being in that position and knowing that anything they do is designed to further the success of Tech N9ne and or Strange (whether you think it is stupid or not) would spark something in your dome that would keep you from saying anything that could potentially deter anyone from going along with whatever the campaign may be.

We are the fans and you are here to keep us "in line" with the rules of the forum. So if anyone else makes that statement it is probably ok and viewed as feedback in regard to "the pledge". My guess is that Tech is thinking "what the fuck is this dude we selected to run the forum thinking criticizing some shit I am trying to accomplish in my own forum?"

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I am under no legal constraints to withhold my opinion from anyone at any time.

Tech understands a little bit how I operate, and it's not unlike the way he says what's in his heart in his music... that people sometimes take offense to.

If he does take offense to my standpoint, then I am apologetic, but I'll not sacrifice my ethics to win over people whether online personalities, celebrities, money-making entrepeneurs, the post man in my county, or the janitor at my school.

Was my opinion asked for? Nope.

Do I share this difference of opinion vocally to people outside of this circle? Nope.

Would it hurt his business if I did? Nope.

In the grand scheme of things is my voice so loud that all of his fanbase can hear it? Nope.

My opinion, simply stated and shared here (siccness) is solely my opinion, and believe it or not, a majority of regulars here believe the same thing I do, however do not take the bully pulpit of actually speaking it.

May 7, 2008
damn man lol getting all legal and shit..

I can see why any member of the strange staff in anyway shouldnt be voicing oppinions against the label. But i didnt consider you in anyway staff lol so i dont think u need to get legal :p

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
"Mr. Yates" has done some great things for me as well some of which I have not shown my appreciation for and in some cases have even done the opposite, but he none the less has treated me well and just based on that alone I would never want to hinder any of his endeavors.

I do not work for Strange or "moderate" any Strange forums, and I am not sure what your arrangement is with Strange but my guess is you were chosen for a good reason to do so.

I would also think being in that position and knowing that anything they do is designed to further the success of Tech N9ne and or Strange (whether you think it is stupid or not) would spark something in your dome that would keep you from saying anything that could potentially deter anyone from going along with whatever the campaign may be.

We are the fans and you are here to keep us "in line" with the rules of the forum. So if anyone else makes that statement it is probably ok and viewed as feedback in regard to "the pledge". My guess is that Tech is thinking "what the fuck is this dude we selected to run the forum thinking criticizing some shit I am trying to accomplish in my own forum?"

Yeah, I dig some of Tech's work but taking a pledge for an artist is funny to me. It really does sound like some juggalo gospel.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Even if I were staff for the label... hell, even if in some strange alternate reality I was in the position Travis is in... I would still say "Fuck a Tech N9ne pledge. That shit is gay."

Sep 30, 2002
I didn't say that I thought you guys or even myself should think the pledge is cool or not. I simply implied that if someone is my friend and they thought the pledge I created for my fans was gay or whatever, that they tell me in private and not publicly detract from what it is I am trying to do.

I mean when one of your boys is trying to smash some chick do you sit around and talk about how women should respect themselves and save their bodies for marriage? Jeez.