**The Official SF Giants Off-Season Thread**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Tim Lincecum is likely headed to an arbitration hearing with the Giants in order to determine his 2010 salary.
Lincecum asked for $13 million and was offered $8 million when arbitration figures were exchanged two weeks ago. Little progress has been made toward a compromise. "I think that's the direction (a hearing) they've wanted this to go from Day 1," said the ace's agent, Rick Thurman, "simply because there's been little or no discussions with regards to a contract.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Giants have some sick promotions this year.

Sat Apr. 24th vs. the Cardinals: Pablo Sandoval bobblehad

Sun. May 16th vs the Astros- Willie Mays 'The Catch' Bobblehead

this one is dope- Sun. May 30th vs the Diamondbacks- Giants Skateboard Deck (First 7,500 fans, 14 & younger)

Sat. July 17th vs. Mets- Tim Lincecum bobblehead

Sat Aug. 14 vs. Padres (his former team)- Bruce Bochy bobblehead

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Brett Tomko is working towards a April 1 start date after being shut down with nerve damage in mid-September.
It's been a long road back from Tomko, as he only recently resumed throwing. The 36-year-old strained a muscle that pinched a nerve in his upper right arm, atrophying his biceps. The biceps and nerve are back to normal, but the lower part of his arm is still susceptible to "electric shocks" and may experience numbness for up to a year. He had a poor stint in the beginning of the year with the Yankees out of the bullpen, but posted a 2.95 ERA and 22/6 K/BB over six starts for the A's before being shut down. He mentioned Oakland and San Francisco as preferred destinations.

UH OH

Mychael Urban of CSNBayArea.com reports that talks between the Giants and Tim Lincecum aren't going well.
Lincecum asked for $13 million and was offered $8 million when arbitration figures were exchanged last month. They already appear destined for a hearing, one that Lincecum will surely win, but multiple sources have told Urban that San Francisco's young ace has dismissed several two-year deals from the club. Proposing a two-year deal is telling, not only because he will have two more years of arbitration after the contract, but it may play into concerns about his durability. That's pretty much the only leg the Giants have to stand on when a pitcher wins consecutive Cy Young awards, but this could get more contentious than they would have hoped.

prodigy91

@jordvnxsf
Mar 20, 2008
SF
Giants have some sick promotions this year.

Sat Apr. 24th vs. the Cardinals: Pablo Sandoval bobblehad

Sun. May 16th vs the Astros- Willie Mays 'The Catch' Bobblehead

this one is dope- Sun. May 30th vs the Diamondbacks- Giants Skateboard Deck (First 7,500 fans, 14 & younger)

Sat. July 17th vs. Mets- Tim Lincecum bobblehead

Sat Aug. 14 vs. Padres (his former team)- Bruce Bochy bobblehead
lol..

the rally scarf looks dope too,

prodigy91

@jordvnxsf
Mar 20, 2008
SF
who's going to fan fest this saturday, best weekend in a while, fan fest saturday then super bowl the next day getting drunk, gonna be dope as fuck. hopefully gonna hit it up with this one chick im tryin to dig out and the best part of all she's a huge giants fan too and she got a nice thickness to her...

prodigy91

@jordvnxsf
Mar 20, 2008
SF
17th Annual KNBR 680 Giants FanFest - Saturday, February 6, 2010 from 10am to 3pm

Check out live KNBR broadcasts all day from home plate, the Amici's East Coast Pizzeria Q&A Stage, player autograph booths, clubhouse and dugout tours, tickets sales, merchandise, food, beverages and more!

Admission is free. Donations are encouraged at the gates to the Giants Community Fund.

Scheduled to Attend
Subject to change without notice.

Jeremy Affeldt
Vida Blue
Bruce Bochy
Madison Bumgarner
Matt Cain
Orlando Cepeda
Will Clark
Mark DeRosa
Matt Downs
Shawon Dunston
Tim Flannery
Kevin Frandsen
Mark Gardner
Alex Hinshaw
Aubrey Huff
Roberto Kelly
Tim Lincecum
Brandon Medders
Hensley Meulens
Buster Posey
Dave Righetti
Sergio Romo
Dan Runzler
Freddy Sanchez
Pablo Sandoval
Andres Torres
Eli Whiteside
Brian Wilson
Ron Wotus
Barry Zito

Player Autograph Station Rules
Please do not cut in lines; first come, first served. One autograph per player, no photos.
Standing in line does not guarantee you an autograph. Players and coaches will be moving from station to station and if a player's time expires before you are able to get an autograph, you may stay in line and wait for the next player(s) to arrive. That player will be signing at the point where the previous player(s) stopped.
All appearances are subject to change.
If we experience inclement weather, certain autograph areas will be relocated and/or cancelled.

Sep 25, 2005
Giants are supposed to used the "Lincecum's odd delivery could lead to his breaking down" defense at the hearing...at least those are the rumors i have heard

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Jesus Guzman has cleared waivers and accepted an outright assignment to Triple-A Fresno.
The Giants designated Guzman for assignment in late January in order to clear room for the re-signing of veteran catcher Bengie Molina. Guzman, 25, made just 20 major league at-bats last season.

Giants manager Bruce Bochy confirmed Friday that Madison Bumgarner will head into spring training as the team's No. 5 starter.
It might not be the smartest strategy, but it sure is exciting. Bumgarner, who doesn't turn 21 until early August, had a 1.80 ERA in the 10 innings he pitched for the Giants last year. He spent most of the season at Single-A Connecticut and Double-A San Jose, where he rattled off a combined 12-2 record, 1.85 ERA and 92 strikeouts in 131 1/3 innings.

^^^also dude who confirmed this on his twitter also said this:

"Bochy: Renteria might bat second until Freddy Sanchez is ready."

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Damn, Renteria had a career low 50 runs last year. That's terrible. He had a career high back-to-back 100 run seasons in 2005 and 2006. Unfortunately he grounds out into a lot of double plays. 17 last year.

so batting second, last year, he had 273 at-bats. Its by far the majority of where he hit in the lineup last year. He batted .231, .290 OBP, .287 SLG. 17 k's to 4 walks! that's TERRIBLE. 21 hits on 94 at-bats, no hr's, triples, 6 doubles. Fucking horrible.

If you can't tell i love my baseball stats.

prodigy91

@jordvnxsf
Mar 20, 2008
SF
it was the first year i went so i dont know if it was either packed or empty, stood almost 3 fucking hours in line just to get Bowker's and Burris's autographs, at first it was jeremy affeldt, schierholtz and frandsen, but they switched with bowker and burris and i was halfway down, i was pissed but fuck it....couple of flicks,

right when i got in line;

after 2 hours of standing in line finally walking down towards the booth;

timmy;

the ball, john bowker and emmanuel burris...

me inside the dugout, got my jersey signed by them too...

prodigy91

@jordvnxsf
Mar 20, 2008
SF
ooohhhh and i hella forgot, my dad and my brother and I were walking towards 'Tres Agaves' (Mexican restaurant a block from the ball park) and I saw Bochy and Sabean walking towards us, and i took my pen and the ball that i got signed earlier and bochy reached out and i said 'PSYCH' and i was like 'fuck you get your head out of your asses' and shit like that hahaha, my dad and my brother were like WTF was that for and i explained in the restaurant, shit was hilarious tho i wish i had the camera in my hand when that happened but left it in the car....i know i know...