The Official Seattle Mariners Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 17, 2008
Hey man I feel you too, but honestly right now you should be enjoying the games more than April / May. The team they put together was a colossal disaster, now the rest of the year is just strictly evaluation. Ever since they fired the GM and strongly hinted that it'd be a whole new regime in Baseball Operations next year, you know it's going to be a new era of Mariners baseball in the fall and that things will change. Try to enjoy it for the sport as much as you can from now until then, but I definitely feel you.
dont get me wrong i still watch, i do, but it just sucks cause i keep hoping they will turn the shit around. and i love that there is a whole change coming, but that just means we will be rebuilding for the next few years, it sucks,cause we are probably gonna shop everyone except felix. but on the other hand it wont be that big of a change going from where we are to a rebuilding stage lol, at least I'll know that we are doing SOMETHING

Apr 25, 2002
dont get me wrong i still watch, i do, but it just sucks cause i keep hoping they will turn the shit around. and i love that there is a whole change coming, but that just means we will be rebuilding for the next few years, it sucks,cause we are probably gonna shop everyone except felix. but on the other hand it wont be that big of a change going from where we are to a rebuilding stage lol, at least I'll know that we are doing SOMETHING
Exactly, the only thing worse than right now would be if they were steadfastly supporting the disastrous regime that put the Mariners in this position (which they still were as of about 6 weeks ago, shockingly), but thank god atleast we don't have to worry about that and have a talented new GM to look forward to (crosses my fingers).

Jan 10, 2008
Maybe we can make some good trades at the deadline and get some young talent and Continue to develop are young players at this level. I do not want to see this team start winning and end up at the middle of the pack. Lets continue to be a joke the rest of the year get a gm a manager and a great draft pick for next year. Maybe somehow we can get a new owner maybe one that has actually seen his team play a game. who knows maybe this year changes everthing for the better. I believe with a talented GM some great trades this season and some free agents in the offseason We can be in the mix next year. We have to lock up Felix no matter what. Hopefully are new gm will take care of that as well.

Feb 17, 2008
Maybe we can make some good trades at the deadline and get some young talent and Continue to develop are young players at this level. I do not want to see this team start winning and end up at the middle of the pack. Lets continue to be a joke the rest of the year get a gm a manager and a great draft pick for next year. Maybe somehow we can get a new owner maybe one that has actually seen his team play a game. who knows maybe this year changes everthing for the better. I believe with a talented GM some great trades this season and some free agents in the offseason We can be in the mix next year. We have to lock up Felix no matter what. Hopefully are new gm will take care of that as well.
well...I would like to see us win some games and finish in the middle of the pack, i've seen crazier shit, we are only 15.5 games out of the wild card...its a long shot yes i know, but i mean shit i would like to see us make a push at least

Jan 10, 2008
Wow it looked like Rhodes and Dickey were available to pitch oh well. We gave the Tigers a freebie IMO that proves we have givin up this year.

Apr 25, 2002
I feel you. The #1 pick next year is going to be Steven Strasburg from the University of San Diego. There really isn't even a whole lot of debate in the industry as of now about that, it's pretty much a head and shoulders above the rest kind of guy (barring injury and signability of course). But both Washington and San Diego are now "ahead" of the Mariners in this pursuit.

Feb 17, 2008
lol i was cracking up when i saw that Burke got to throw today, i was really hopin that we could have gotten a win for him, took the hit as getting a loss for us. that took balls. i applaud jamie for it. fucking beltre with a bunch of chances, damn ichiro getting thrown out trying to steal, that was weak

Apr 25, 2002
The most important thing the rest of this year is hiring the right GM. No news the rest of the way will be as big as the day that this announcement is made, likely in October or November.

Jan 10, 2008
I wonder what gm's will be available in this offseason also if we do make a trade this season who has the authority since we dont currently have a gm?

Feb 17, 2008
well we finally got rid of richie sexson. thank god. just sucks that we are shelling out 14 mil this year for his fuckin ass. wonder who is going to be next to go. not to mention that bedard is injured again. sweet.

Feb 17, 2008
two solo shots to tie? and a walk off? FUCK!!!!! god dammit morrow....he had something like 17 scoreless, including only giving up like 3 hits over that period, honestly, it was there for the taking

Apr 25, 2002
My boy Morrow was amazing tonight. Went to the bars with some homies to watch his first start. I was about to go bananas if he threw a no hitter.