-=The Official San Francisco Giants Thread=-

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

SLICC RICC

Encapuchado
Jan 4, 2005
DAMN... NOW ITS 14 BELOW .500?!? GREAT WORK ZITO!!! BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!! FERNANDO TATIS WAS SLAPPIN THE GIANTS PITCHING AROUND LIKE THEY WERE PLAYIN BABE RUTH BALL... LMAO!!!

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
Yessssssssssss!!! Fuck that imposter of a baseball team!! Bring out the broom!!! Hahahahahhahahahah!!!! Mets in dis bitch!!!! Sweep city hoecakes!!!! Now what potna!! I dont wanna hear shit!!! In other words..............Got Em!!!

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
^^^ if only we had spent 200 million on a bunch of south americans

mets are only 4 games over 500 after 3 game sweeping us...

we know we're not very good. whats ur teams excuse? randolph?

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
Sexson lol, he's a bum. Though the Giants arent risking anything so might as well...
the bum has more home runs than anyone on the giants :ermm:

he's worth a try in my book. he has 2 homers and 9 walks in his last 10 games.

his batting average is terrible... but seattle might be the worst team in the league...

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
Yessssssssssss!!! Fuck that imposter of a baseball team!! Bring out the broom!!! Hahahahahhahahahah!!!! Mets in dis bitch!!!! Sweep city hoecakes!!!! Now what potna!! I dont wanna hear shit!!! In other words..............Got Em!!!
so you're a shitcago bulls fan, a lebron groupie, a mets fan, a cowboys fan and you're from the bay??????

ReKz

Sicc OG
May 26, 2002
the bum has more home runs than anyone on the giants :ermm:

he's worth a try in my book. he has 2 homers and 9 walks in his last 10 games.

his batting average is terrible... but seattle might be the worst team in the league...
We don't need anymore "veteran" presence...:dead:

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
^^^ we need power. which he brings. 11 home runs is more than anyone on the giants have

yeah he is kinda old... but he plays first and doesnt have to move much.

if we can get him for cheap then its almost a cant lose situation...

or we could do nothing this season, accept it a loss and wait for next year

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
i do like bowker... but he isnt very good in 2 strike counts... not yet anyway. aurilia is solid until he gets injured. hes been hot lately tho.

but when you combined both of those players stats... you didnt mention they had twice as many at bats

so if you want to use the platoon as an argument this is what you get for hr per ab's

bowker/aurilia 17 homers in 459 at bats which equals 1 home run per 27 at bats

sexson has 11 homers in 252 at bats which equals 1 home run per 23 at bats

the next big stat that sexson brings is base on balls or walks

bowker/aurilia have 32 total walks in 459 at bats

sexson has 37 walks in 252 at bats

the platoon theory also doesnt include the fact that aurilia plays 3rd quite often

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
i kno sexson has terrible averages this year... thats why he got cut.

but a change of scenery and a change of leagues could spark his bat.

i'm not really trippen either way i accepted this season as a loss before it started... but its an interesting and cheap option to consider now that our division imploded and everyone sucks

Jan 18, 2006
Probably cuz you usually play better on a better team. Like if theres more opportunities for RBI's its sometimes easier to get hits cuz the pitcher wont take as big of risk with certain pitches

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
HOW DOES THE FIRST PART OF THIS SENTENCE RELATE THE THE LAST PART? i just cant figure out your logical of what his batting average has to do with a horrible team
everybodys avg is down on that team.

ichiro their best player is barely averaging 300. he is at 305. his career is 331

beltre's numbers are down.

betancourt's numbers are down.

raul ibanez's numbers are down.

jose vidro's numbers are way the fuck down. batting a career worst 217 while his career is 298.

they waived sexson because he had an untradable contract. someone will grab him... maybe the a's