The Official Random Thought Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I just got word that my best friend of 23 years ended the friendship because he was viewing my life under a microscope and saving all the shit he didn't like for "that moment" where he could justify saying all kinds of terrible shit devoted to showing me how shitty of a person I am. :/

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Amen. I pissed him off on LIVE because he said he was going to play Gears on co-op with me, and I joked around about him having a hard on for HALO:Reach, he lost his mind in the short 20 second window they give you to talk, then proceeded to write me on Facebook telling me how bad my life sucks and that I am a terrible person.

I won't give him the satisfaction to answer back to it.

"If you can't hear this from your best friend, then fuck you."

Dude, he brought up something from five years ago that I never knew irked him, then justified his sideways talk by using the above quoted sentence.

When did best friends resort to violently screaming into a mic and judging someone else's life?

I don't have time to argue with the dude over who's life is better or worse and who's become more successful. The bottom line is he is more MONETARILY successful, whereas I have enough to get me by, but for lack of a better term, I'm "rich" with great family and friends.

Sorry for airing this out on here. I guess that's something I should work on, too. :/

I just know if I don't get out my frustration, I'm gonna say something that will put the nail in the coffin, and it's hard for me to justify killing a friendship that has been nearly a lifetime in the making.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
No rush on the pics, man. We just gotta stay on top of this stuff. I've been a pretty shitty promoter, and honestly it wouldn't be done if not for you and Lexi. Britton gave me Irv's contact info, so I'll pass that on to you once promo hits the door. BTW, I got the tracking number this morning for the show promo.

And also, yes it's Christopher. He said that all his friends hate me, then told me he always defended me by saying "Jed had a tough life." If you know me, then you know my life has been very easy, and if you knew him, you'd know he's projecting his own life's frustration on me, but I'm not going to play the Looking-Glass-Self game.

I know who I am, and most people love me for it. The rest can jog on, as the English say.

Nov 14, 2002
With the cars you have I'd say you're relatively successful somehow...

That shit kind of happened to me once only it was my whole clique of friends. They did a bunch of X, went to the mall, got matching fake tattoos on their fucking necks (X is one hell of a drug) and then while rolling balls decided I was a dick. They come over my house knock on the door, and I got a line out about them being fucking gay for getting matching fake tattoos before they tell me they don't want to be friends anymore. I didn't give them a chance to explain why before I shut the door on them.

Haven't talked to them since. That was like 10 years ago.

Sucked. I just sat in my room and did nothing for about a year. That's when I started walking my dog a lot and figured out that if you walk your dog past an italian ice joint, millions of girls will want to pet the dog, and you.

Nov 14, 2002
NY has like 4 in every town now. This one dude came in and just KILLED it. It started with one little Ralph's Italian Ice place and now they're everywhere.

There's one place a town over called "The Icehole" and they have punk shows once in a while. It's fucking weird.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
With the cars you have I'd say you're relatively successful somehow...

That shit kind of happened to me once only it was my whole clique of friends. They did a bunch of X, went to the mall, got matching fake tattoos on their fucking necks (X is one hell of a drug) and then while rolling balls decided I was a dick. They come over my house knock on the door, and I got a line out about them being fucking gay for getting matching fake tattoos before they tell me they don't want to be friends anymore. I didn't give them a chance to explain why before I shut the door on them.

Haven't talked to them since. That was like 10 years ago.

Sucked. I just sat in my room and did nothing for about a year. That's when I started walking my dog a lot and figured out that if you walk your dog past an italian ice joint, millions of girls will want to pet the dog, and you.
See that's in the same line as what dude did to me. I got blindsided by that retarded shit.

The friends he's talking about are stoners/users. The kind of guys that take a week off from their yuppie jobs at IT places for Bonnaroo, smoke opium while listening to "Drums" by Grateful Dead, every moment has a "mood", etc.

I'm not knocking that at all, by any means, but he's changed just as much as I and I couldn't care less about the dumb shit they do.

One big thing he pointed out was how everything is about me, which in some sense is true because I often try to relate too much with people by telling stories of myself similar to what they're talking about, but I won't change that because he thinks I'm a dick.

I'd never scream at the guy again for being different or not liking things I like. He acts like a fucking tart when I have other friends over.

He got so mad I had friends over at his apartment on my birthday, but didn't tell me until yesterday. I have many friends who want to see me when I take a trip back to my hometown and I'll be damned if dude's gonna act a bitch because I wanted to hang with others.

Fucking nonsense, man.

CyrusTheVirus

thats just my ghost
Oct 31, 2002
legendary
years ago I lost a friend over lies and stupid shit. I never tried to mend the friendship because the way dude came at me was all wrong friend or not. I could give a fuck less for real because when the chips were down I saw how dude truly was. I'm better off for going my own way so fuck the dumb shit.

I be like zero on the solo tip nowdays and skip the cycle because I got trust issues I guess... lol... I got a few partners but they are scarce. Everyone either grew up, went to jail, or died but the rest just faded away.

A true friend will realize what they did and take the steps needed to repair the friendship because they know they fucked up. A fake homie will let it ride and try to put you down to make themselves feel better. Usually people trying to steer your life are the ones that have issues with their own existence.

Best of luck to you LDS

Aug 20, 2006
FLA
i stopped talkin to one of my friends since 3rd grade because all he talked about was getting in fights with people and having the perfect body. he asked me once "do you ever see a guy walk by and you just think to yourself 'that guy has the perfect body'?" i was like no. never. and that was probably the last time i hung out with him.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
years ago I lost a friend over lies and stupid shit. I never tried to mend the friendship because the way dude came at me was all wrong friend or not. I could give a fuck less for real because when the chips were down I saw how dude truly was. I'm better off for going my own way so fuck the dumb shit.

I be like zero on the solo tip nowdays and skip the cycle because I got trust issues I guess... lol... I got a few partners but they are scarce. Everyone either grew up, went to jail, or died but the rest just faded away.

A true friend will realize what they did and take the steps needed to repair the friendship because they know they fucked up. A fake homie will let it ride and try to put you down to make themselves feel better. Usually people trying to steer your life are the ones that have issues with their own existence.

Best of luck to you LDS
Thanks, man. I hope this gets resolved.

I'm by no means the best person to take advice from but don't let it eat at you man whatever happens will happen only time will tell.

had to post again because I don't like the 1666 post count :)
Indeed, man. Thanks again.

That's sound advice.