THE OFFICIAL OAKLAND RAIDERS 2009 OFFSEASON THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
Well Fellaz.....We look damn good...Im pleased....Russell was throwing well.....Mcfadden is ready to bust......The recivers look great......We are blitzing more on D.....

Its funny as i went through the posts that Ironlungs quit talking shit after a while......Thats right......The play of the raiders shut his bitch ass up......Talk your shit now man.......Lets see if frisco can come out strong like we did.......And all that its just pre season shit.....These cats are fighting for positions and this is a showcase to see what warriors we will go to battle with.....Talk about pre season dosent matter.....Did you see how mad Tom Brady was after he threw the pick......??

To all raider fans.......Please dont represent the majority of us and act like Ironlungs, he's a jackass who knows nothing as we all know.......

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
i aint sayin' much cuz i wusnt TOO impressed. jamarcus aint gonna be starter all year though, i can already tell.
really? how can you tell???

he went 6/9 for 50 yards... 0 TD's and 0 Ints

It's really not enough to tell for sure either way... because he only threw 9 passes... but he completed 6 of them... so if anything that tells us that he WILL be the starter

also, he was lookin good gettin out of the pocket... there was at least one pass where he had to scramble out to avoid the sack... I think it was to Schilens and PI was called... it was a good pass though from what I remember... and he made that 17 yard run... where last year he probably would've sat there for a longer time and by the time he decided to run would've been sacked... he's proving his decision making skills and instincts are getting much better

needs to work on that deep ball... still overthrowing that a little bit... but accuracy overall was good

I've always been quick to get on Russell and criticize him when I felt he deserved... but he doesn't deserve it here

Russell has proven to us he can be accurate and a have a high completion percentage when he doesn't have to throw it all day... and that's really all we need with the RB's we got

Oct 18, 2008
"It was one quarter of play.

Less than that, actually, and it was in an exhibition opener.

But JaMarcus Russell looked like a leader. He carried himself with a certain swagger that belied his first two professional seasons of uncertainty. His passes were, well, let a two-time Super Bowl-winning quarterback set the scene for you.

"He played better than he looked at practice the other day when I saw him," Jim Plunkett told me at halftime of the Raiders' 31-10 victory over the Dallas Cowboys. "He was decisive, pretty much on target most of the time."

Sounds uplifting, I suggested.

Plunkett smiled.

"I don't know if it's uplifting," he said. "But it's a good feeling to see him do well out there. In a lot of respects, it's good for his confidence, and it's good for us (as an organization) to see that." Indeed."

Apr 25, 2002
Its good to see some gridiron action. Like most say its preseason and it dont mean shit but damn Its good to see which qb is vibing with what players. I thought the qb did well with their targets. Oline well no gallery in there and he plays a huge part but Im hoping we get to see him in there against SF. Our D on the first looked shakey but damn Dallas got a lot of weapons in their offense. We still gotta work on missed tackles. We cant shut down the offense on every position. I was happy to see some blitzes.

All I took from the game was better coaching. The team responded well on the field. Cable is doing a great job for us and it shows. Hes dedication to success is starting show show as our team is playing together. I saw on the sidelines defense mixing it up convsersating with the offense during interviews and sideline coverage....

It was nice watching it live on tv....