THE OFFICIAL NFL OFF-SEASON TRANSACTIONS THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 16, 2005
Yea, i do....but I saw an opening to clown and took it. I got respect for u on the forum bro, was just joking around.....
cool, just making sure man, because in fact a 1st rounder tender means the exact opposite of wanting to get rid of him. everyone knows he isnt the long term answer and is only a stop gap until we get our "qb of the future" so What it means is hey, you want him give us a first. we all know noone will give us a first to sign him and if by chance someone did then we get a 1st rounder to draft antoher qb with.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
ummmmmmmm YES.

He has had 911 called on him more than a dozen times in 5 years, adn is just 1 incident away from being suspended for the year. Add to that that he doesnt give 100% when HE isnt happy, and doesnt care about TEAM (in fact he is just like TO). And you do realize the mcdonalds wrapper was all an excuse/cover up....popular opinion is it was a domestic dispute with cousin (not brother) but they made that up to cover so he didnt get in trouble with league.

This guy hasnt broken ties with anyone from college when he was always getting in trouble then too, keeps the same hood rat around to keep calling police, was caught driving drunk, was a MAJOR instigator in the darrentt williams shooting, throws fits and sits out when things dont go his way.

does he have talent YES but is he as bad as to and pacman YES
My bad. I'm real close to WVU and Cincy....so most off the field problems don't really mean shit to me unless you're falling off a truck or making it rain.

Mar 16, 2005
My bad. I'm real close to WVU and Cincy....so most off the field problems don't really mean shit to me unless you're falling off a truck or making it rain.
haha yeah I mean most of marshalls problems arent on the scale of pacman, but he has more of them and is in the same situation where 1 more means being done for awhile

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
if marshall didnt have the off the field problems he would be approaching top 3 to 5 status. dude is a beast.

i think for some teams, not all, it would be worth the risk to see if this guy can turn into a team player. if so watch out. it would have been nice to see him and cutler together a little longer.

Aug 9, 2006
titans sign amato and amano, tender RFA

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – At midnight (ET) tonight, the NFL 2010 league calendar and free agency period begin. Prior to that deadline, the Tennessee Titans agreed to terms with LS Ken Amato and tendered contracts to six restricted free agents.

Amato has been the Titans long snapper for the last seven seasons and has totaled 40 career special teams stops in 93 games.

The following players were tendered contracts as restricted free agents: DE Dave Ball (2nd round tender), DT Tony Brown (1st round), TE Bo Scaife(1st round), LB Stephen Tulloch (1st round), DT Kevin Vickerson (2nd round) and RB LenDale White (2nd round). The Titans can match any offer received by another team or would receive a draft pick for compensation.

Additionally, the team agreed to terms with G Eugene Amano, S Donnie Nickey and LB Pago Togafau on contracts prior to the start of free agency.

The following Titans will be eligible to sign with other teams as unrestricted free agents: LB Keith Bulluck, TE Alge Crumpler, CB Nick Harper, CB Rod Hood, S Kevin Kaesviharn, DE Jevon Kearse, C Kevin Mawaeand DE Kyle Vanden Bosch.

Aug 15, 2007
Inland Empire
The Chargers have traded cornerback Antonio Cromartie to the New York Jets in exchange for a third-round pick in 2011.

The pick could become a second-rounder based on playing time.

Cromartie and the Chargers had agreed to part ways after three seasons. Cromartie was unhappy with the defense, and the Chargers had grown disenchanted with Cromartie’s attitude.

Oct 24, 2002
www.beekc.com
heard KC was lookin at sproles and thats why SD changed their mind.

Makes me real mad cuz it shows me KC aint too serious if they wanna get another "lightning" running back. Looks to me like they wanna sell tickets (k-state connection. Sorry if this has already been posted/discussed.

Feb 14, 2004
Bye bye Burleson: Seahawks receiver signs with Lions

Here's the news most Seattle Seahawks didn't want to hear in the opening hours of free agency. Wide receiver Nate Burleson has agreed to a five-year deal with the Detroit Lions, according to ESPN's John Clayton.

Burleson has said since the end of last season that he'd prefer to stay in Seattle, but the Lions apparently convinced him the Field Turf could be greener in Ford Field, thanks largely to a $25 million deal that Clayton says includes $11 million guaranteed cash.

In Detroit, he'll play with young Matthew Stafford at quarterback and look to be a No. 2 target alongside star receiver Calvin Johnson.

Burleson earned $14.5 million over the last four seasons in Seattle. He originally signed a seven-year, $49 million deal that was heavily backloaded for the final three years as Seahawks GM Tim Ruskell sought to match the poison-pill deal that Minnesota used to lure Steve Hutchinson away.

But knowing he'd never see the final three non-guaranteed years of that deal, Burleson agreed to rework the contract after his first season in Seattle, with the two sides returning to the original four-year pact that had been on the table before Hutchinson's situation arose.

Thus the 28-year-old hit free agency this offseason and quickly took advantage. The Seahawks could have locked him up by applying the franchise tag to him, but that would have required guaranteeing a one-year, $9.5 million deal for next season, which would have tripled his 2009 base salary of $3.25 million.

The O'Dea High graduate had injury problems the past two years, but was one of Seattle's top playmakers when healthy. He also was a positive force in the locker room, an upbeat personality who will definitely be missed.

He tore knee ligaments in the first game of the 2008 season, but worked extremely hard to come back last year and regain his starting role by the opening game. He was leading the team in receptions with 63 for 812 yards and was on pace for the best season of his career when he suffered a high-ankle sprain that forced him to miss the final three games.

Burleson's departure leaves the Seahawks with T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Deion Branch and rookie Deon Butler as its only experienced receivers.

Free agency began at 9 p.m. Thursday and the biggest name on the books -- Carolina defensive end Julius Peppers -- quickly agreed to visit the Chicago Bears on Friday, according to the Twitter account of Chicago Tribune's Vaughn McClure.

Apparently the Bears will be busy as Sean Jensen of the Chicago Sun-Times is also reporting that Vikings running back Chester Taylor will visit the Bears Friday.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/archives/196640.asp

We better make a run at getting Brandon Marhshall or something. We ain't going to get shit done with just Housh and Carlson.

11 Million garunteed for him is rediculous!

Feb 14, 2004
Brandon Marshall on Seahawks’ radar

Could Denver Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall(notes) be leaving the AFC West and heading to the Pacific Northwest?

According to a league source, there’s a strong rumor that Marshall is drawing significant interest to the Seahawks and new coach Pete Carroll.

Per our source, nothing is imminent as far as drawing up an offer sheet.

Marshall is a restricted free agent, but he was only assigned the first-round tender.

The Seahawks own two first-round draft picks, the sixth overall pick and the 14th overall selection. The Broncos would have the opportunity to match any offer or receive a first-round pick as compensation.

Per two league sources, the Baltimore Ravens aren’t expected to pursue Marshall.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...seahawks_radar_html-201034&prov=nfp&type=lgns

May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
Chicago Tribune - 03/05 - 0:26 AM EST (AP Photo)

The Bears will meet with free agent Julius Peppers on Friday.

According to beat writer Brad Biggs, the Bears are confident they will sign Peppers.

Chicago wasted(I guess it's not the best word to describe it) because they gave their first to Denver for the cutler trade and also traded their 2nd for gaines adams(RIP) n he passed away, not that it has anything to do wit it but I heard his autopsy report had alcohol and herb in his system lol. Daaaaaaaa bears need a pass rusher, and I'm sure big tommy harris would love some help up front. Who the bears starting DE? I'm lazy to look the shit up on my iPhone. Wasn't it like ayodole or somethin like that? Also, bears play 4-3 D right? I thought peppers was tryna go to a team that plays 3-4 D.