The Official Golden State Warriors Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
They were down by only 8 when the bullshit calls start raining down. They shot themselves in the foot, yet were only down by 8 with half a quarter to play. Dubs are the type of team that can drop 8 in a minute and have done it a ton of times this season when down.

I really don't understand how you can justify bad calls in an 8 point game. The Warriors played bad, yet somehow were still in the game with a half a quarter left to play. The refs stole their chance, plain and simple.

I ain't even the only one talking like this lol fans of every team are tearing apart the NBA right now on just about every website you can think of. Did you just not see what the rest of us saw?
I never said the officiating was good, that call where curry got his sixth foul definitely did NOT look like a foul during the replay, so I don't totally disagree w you. I also think that curry was not smart going for the steal knowing he had five fouls, gotta play conservative and smart at that point

kinda how like dana white says, never leave it in the hands of the judges....dubs played badly and thus put themselves in a position to lose thru bad calls

but i can't lay blame on the refs alone, dubs played like shit, plain and simple. partly the refs, mostly (overwhelmingly) the dubs' fault.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I never said the officiating was good, that call where curry got his sixth foul definitely did NOT look like a foul during the replay, so I don't totally disagree w you. I also think that curry was not smart going for the steal knowing he had five fouls, gotta play conservative and smart at that point

kinda how like dana white says, never leave it in the hands of the judges....dubs played badly and thus put themselves in a position to lose thru bad calls

but i can't lay blame on the refs alone, dubs played like shit, plain and simple. partly the refs, mostly (overwhelmingly) the dubs' fault.
The problem is Curry should have never even had 5. 3 of his 6 were terrible. He missed like 8 minutes of the 1st quarter because of bullshit. He got benched after hitting his first 3 pointer too, who knows how much of a hole we would have been in during the first quarter if Curry got hot and got to play.

Just read the post game press conference. Curry's fouls are what Kerr was going off about and is more than likely going to get fined over.

Being down in a game is never justification for "being in a position to lose through bad calls". That's just telling the NBA it's ok and they can swing games how they want because we could have shot better and not let you cheat us. lol That's not cool with millions of fans spending billions of dollars on the product. If people want scripted athletics, they already have the WWE.

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
The problem is Curry should have never even had 5. 3 of his 6 were terrible. He missed like 8 minutes of the 1st quarter because of bullshit. He got benched after hitting his first 3 pointer too, who knows how much of a hole we would have been in during the first quarter if Curry got hot and got to play.

Just read the post game press conference. Curry's fouls are what Kerr was going off about and is more than likely going to get fined over.

Being down in a game is never justification for "being in a position to lose through bad calls". That's just telling the NBA it's ok and they can swing games how they want because we could have shot better and not let you cheat us. lol That's not cool with millions of fans spending billions of dollars on the product. If people want scripted athletics, they already have the WWE.
yeah I saw the kerr media thing after the game on ch 7. I don't disagree w him either

all I'm saying that, between the 'dubs played like shit' and the 'refs fixed it/made bad calls', IMO the dubs played like shit (being the greater factor than the refs)

I do see why it'd be fixed tho, game sev viewership, ad money, etc will be huge

tix are hella spensive too, if I can get a babysitter I'm a be there

Lu_

Sicc OG
Jun 14, 2005

Not to be nitpicky, but he missed like 5 minutes in the first quarter. Perhaps they would have had a marginally better deficit had he stayed in the game a bit longer. What truly sucks though is not having Bogut. He's the only one who can alter some of those layups/dunks and prevent Steph and co from getting into early foul trouble.

Granted the game was officiated poorly, it still didn't seem to affect the eventual outcome of the game. Cavs were simply better. When they cut the lead down to 8 in the second quarter, Curry missed that long 3 to make it a 5 point game. The Cavs on the other hand responded by driving to the basket and getting to the foul line (Irving), which in all fairness were fouls.
Curry's 5th and 6th fouls were pure bullshit though. One was a clean steal on Irving, while the other should have been a good no-call.

I still think the Cavs lead was never in doubt because they had no answer for Bron. It's also fascinating how much faster Cleveland is playing, whereas GS's game has slowed the fuck down, as if they hit a brickwall. I'm missing that uptempo game where they excel at.

Props: :ab: and :ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
I don't know if kerr calls d three of curry's six fouls bad. didn't he word it as 'inappropriate calls for an mvp player' or something? maning the calls themselves weren't bad but shouldn't be called on superstar type players...I could be wrong but kerr worded it very carefully and specifically

Nov 12, 2011
Everything concerning the Warriors downfall has been talked about except how over-rated of a coach Steve Kerr is. Dude has done a horrible job the entire playoffs. It's easy to hide behind talent, but when shit hits the fan, he can't come up with anything to keep the Warriors from making the same fucking mistakes they been making the whole season? Bad passes, slow starts, bad rebounding, not holding on to leads, allowing the Cavs to come back from an 0-2 deficit after embarrassing them by 30 plus the first two games. And then not only losing game 3, but lose by fucking 30 points?? Game 3 was a very important game for the Warriors to win and not let the Cavs think they had any shot of winning the series. All of this is a reflection horrible coaching. Steve Kerr is a garbage ass coach, period. All this nigga does is sit on the bench and watch the game like a fucking fan. Luke Walton could do a better job as the head coach.

Props: Lu_ and Lu_

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
people saying curry should be suspended next game for throwing his mouthpiece since haslem was suspended for doing the same some years back...

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
Don't read espn that fat turd fat fuck windturd prolly writing a 7 page story of why he should be suspended fuck that puta judy joe also
yeah, I was getting shit about it from my laker fan homies (bcuz I always give them shit about the lakers). haslem threw his mouthpiece AT the ref, so there's a huge difference

saw windhorst take a shot at ayesha too lol useless piece of shit