The official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
I think both teams came out with a great gameplan, Dutch absorbed some pressure and let Spain pass it around a bit and tried to hit them on the counter. I couldn't believe Robben, one of the best finishers the Dutch have, missed that 1v1. Credit to Casillas for getting an ankle on it, but pretty astonishing to see Robben miss that after all the other goals you've seen him score this season that took way more skill. Then Fabregas, a natural playmaker, could have set his teammate up (dont know who) for an open goal but opted to shoot. Then Iniesta, who was taking way too many touches in the box the whole game, and fucked off a few good chances for the Spanish, ends up getting the winner.

The Dutch really can't complain too much about the Ref. Webb is solid and had to give out a lot of those cards to set the tone early, and I think De Jong gets sent off for that challenge 8 out of 10 times by any other ref.

Iniesta did dive a lot towards the end and that was pretty wack, especially considering I always saw him as a class act. still do, just lost a little bit of respect for him there.