~The Official Cubs Rule Thread~

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
Ya ill never forget any of that series. I remember after we won game 4 my friend started calling all our Brewer fan friends and saying, "wanna be in the World Series?" And cocking off prematurely. I told him not to do that cuz were the Cubs. I blame him partially also for jinxing us haha.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
Anybody excited about Theo Epstein? Not sure how impressed I am with what he did, given his unlimited checkbook. Unless were gonna give em an unlimited checkbook. Dude will be the most legendary GM ever if he ends both curses but lol @ that.

Feb 23, 2003
Fresno, CALIF.
Anybody excited about Theo Epstein? Not sure how impressed I am with what he did, given his unlimited checkbook. Unless were gonna give em an unlimited checkbook. Dude will be the most legendary GM ever if he ends both curses but lol @ that.
He knows talent. Look what he did to BoSox farm club and signings. I think he'll be great for Cubs. Might take a couple years though

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
they just showed a clip of his son Jeff on comcast here. They asked what he thought and he said "That chapter finally has an end. I want to thank the city of Chicago, the Cubs and its fans that retired his number when he was still alive to see it."

Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
MILWAUKEE (AP)—The Milwaukee Brewers agreed to terms with free agent third baseman Aramis Ramirez on Monday, agent Paul Kinzer told The Associated Press.

Ramirez will provide a much-needed big bat for the Brewers, who are expected to lose first baseman Prince Fielder through free agency and may be without National League MVP Ryan Braun for the first 50 games of next season if he loses his appeal for testing positive for a banned substance.

“There were about four teams that he liked that were contenders, and Milwaukee was at the top of his list,” Kinzer said.

The 33-year-old Ramirez played 149 games for the NL Central rival Chicago Cubs last year, batting .306 with 26 home runs and 93 RBIs. Ramirez played the past eight-plus seasons with the Cubs after he was traded by Pittsburgh to Chicago in the middle of the 2003 season.

His deal is subject to a successful physical.

Milwaukee began last season with Casey McGehee as its regular third baseman, but McGehee’s performance slipped after his breakout 2010 season. Jerry Hairston Jr., acquired in a midseason trade with the Washington Nationals, took over at third base for the Brewers late in the season.

Bringing back Hairston was no longer an option for the Brewers after he signed a $6 million, two-year deal with the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Late on Monday, the Brewers traded McGehee to Pittsburgh for relief pitcher Jose Veras, who went 2-4 with a 3.80 ERA and one save in a career-high 79 appearances last season.

The Brewers also finalized their one-year contract with free agent shortstop Alex Gonzalez, a deal that includes an option for 2013 that could become guaranteed.

“Alex brings to our ballclub a veteran presence who has experienced winning in the postseason,” Brewers general manager Doug Melvin said in a statement. “He is a plus defender who will be a welcome addition to our infield.”

The 34-year-old Gonzalez batted .241 with 15 home runs and 56 RBIs in 149 games with Atlanta last season.

Gonzalez is expected to replace last year’s regular shortstop, Yuniesky Betancourt, who is a free agent.

The Brewers also announced that they signed catcher George Kottaras to a one-year contract, avoiding arbitration, and that catcher Mike Rivera and first baseman Travis Ishikawa have agreed to minor league contracts with invitations to spring training.

Damn, I knew we were losing him, but sucks he is going to the Brewers.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
Undefeated since we brought up Rizzo haha. I wonder when Brett Jackson gonna get called up? Hopefully we can trade Soriano soon. The Dodgers should take em since Lee vetoed his deal. He's on pace for 30 & 100 amazingly