The Official 2011 Oakland Raiders offseason thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 12, 2006
QB Terrelle Pryor placed on the reserve/suspended list 09/03/2011 Termination of vested veteran: WR Shaun Bodiford, QB Trent Edwards, S Matt Giordano, G Daniel Loper, CB Lito Sheppard, LB Sam Williams 09/03/2011 Waived/Injured: WR Shawn Bayes, G Roy Shuening, CB Jeremy Ware 09/03/2011 Waived: TE Kevin Brock, DE Mason Brodine, DB Stevie Brown, DT Jamie Cumbie, LB Chris Francis, LB Bani Gbadyu, DT Derrick Hill, DE Tommie Hill, WR Chad Jackson, LB J Leman, CB Walter McFadden, WR Eddie McGee, CB Sterling Moore, P Glenn Pakulak, G Alex Parsons, RB Louis Rankin, FB Manase Tonga

Nov 1, 2004
I'll bet they appeal the suspension because Jim Tressel is now working for the Colts without a suspension. That's some hypocritical shit.

I see the Raiders trying to sign a LB and a CB sometime soon. At least I hope.

Jan 12, 2006
I'll bet they appeal the suspension because Jim Tressel is now working for the Colts without a suspension. That's some hypocritical shit.

I see the Raiders trying to sign a LB and a CB sometime soon. At least I hope.
Don't you think if they were going to appeal they would've already started the process? Also I agree with tressel getting a job with no suspension is b.s. But do you really think the media or NFL is going to say something to gayboy Peyton manning and his franchise. After all they are Americas new team and the face of the NFL.

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
sam williams and lito sheppard might be re-signed in a week. cutting them now and signing them after the season starts makes it so their money isn't guaranteed for the year, since they're vets.

I don't understand why we cut sterling moore though, he's been the best young cb on the team through preseason and camp. meanwhile michael bennet's useless ass makes the team, so we have 5 rb's on the roster.

I think nick miller will be cut before the first game.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
do the raiders need david garrard...? should we make a move for him?
Do the Raiders go after veteran QB Garrard?

By Steve Corkran
Tuesday, September 6th, 2011 at 1:27 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Raiders coach Hue Jackson said upon waiving veteran Trent Edwards on Saturday that he is content with Jason Campbell and Kyle Boller as the only quarterbacks on his 53-man roster.
That was before the Jacksonville Jaguars released veteran quarterback David Garrard on Tuesday, less than a week before the regular-season opener.
Jackson says he checks into every free agent, especially those that might be able to help the Raiders. Few would argue against Garrard being able to help the Raiders.
Garrard, 33, could give the Raiders the third quarterback they are without, push Boller for the backup spot and help mentor rookie quarterback Terrelle Pryor along the way.
Some might make the case of starting Garrard ahead of Campbell, who turns 30 in December. We’re not going that route, for the Raiders are too close to the season to make a change, and Campbell is far more versed in this offense, naturally,
In fact, Garrard had a better season than Campbell last season and has better career stats than Campbell, as well. That’s irrelevant in this discussion, though.
What matters is, Jackson said he is interested in making any move that makes the Raiders better and gives them a chance to win more games. Signing Garrard meets those criteria.
The Raiders already have made two roster moves since they first cut down to 53 players on Saturday. Garrard should be their next move.
Best case, Campbell plays well the entire season, and Garrard sits on the bench collecting a check for $1 million or so. Insurance policies aren’t cheap, you know.
Under that scenario, Jackson has the peace of mind knowing he has another experienced quarterback to call upon if necessary. Remember, Jackson bailed on Campbell midway through Oakland’s second game last season.
At that time, he had Bruce Gradkowski to turn to. Right now, he has only Boller. Come Week 6, he also would have Pryor. It says here, Jackson would feel a lot better seeing Garrard on the sideline in a Raiders uniform, as well.

Jun 1, 2002
I'm not gauging it on the preseason I'm gauging it on their roster. They might have the worst secondary ever.

G-d you're such a fucking faggot - based on what?? DVD getting burnt in pre-season??

You do know that Stanford Routt was the 3rd best Corner in the NFL last season statistically, right???

just shut the fuck up and go play down by the river..

Jul 29, 2002
michael bennet & nick miller should've been cut to to make room for Daniel Loper & Stevie Brown

RB Bennett waived, S Giordano re-signed; WR Hagan dinged
By Steve Corkran
Monday, September 5th, 2011 at 12:57 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Just returned from a news conference with coach Hue Jackson and player availability in the locker room.
During that time, we learned that the Raiders waived running back Michael Bennett and re-signed veteran safety Matt Giordano.
Jackson said the Raiders arrived at the decisions after studying the roster further.
In other news, wide receiver Derek Hagan has what Jackson described as a “ding.” Hagan said he got hurt in practice Sunday but that he is full go for the Denver Broncos game Monday night.
More later. Off to transcribe and write.

there you go........

Jan 12, 2006
The Oakland Raiders will never EVER win another Super Bowl as long as the owner Al Davis is alive and breathing ... so says legendary "Sunday Night Football" announcer Al Michaels.

Al was leaving Boa Restaurant in Hollywood last night, when our photog -- a HUGE Raiders fan -- asked point blank, "Are we ever going to win a Super Bowl while Al Davis is still alive."

Michaels' response -- "NO."

FYI -- Davis is an NFL Hall of Famer who is largely credited with merging the AFL with the NFL ... and transforming the league into the POWERHOUSE it is today. But in the past decade, he's come under some serious fire ... because the Raiders are terrible.

Still, when we asked Michaels if he considered Davis a genius, he told us, "If you had a team that lost 11 or more games in SEVEN consecutive years, would you say a genius ran the team?"

No, we would not.

TMZ.com

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
G-d you're such a fucking faggot - based on what?? DVD getting burnt in pre-season??

You do know that Stanford Routt was the 3rd best Corner in the NFL last season statistically, right???

just shut the fuck up and go play down by the river..
I was basing it on Madden rankings. Lol, yer fuckin intense. Hes not even in the top 20 corners. Your secondary sucks. Lol @ Chris Johnson. That guy was like the Packers 6th corner once, he's horrendous. Lol @ Huffs contract.