The Official 2011 Oakland Raiders offseason thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
we haven't look good, that's for sure

starting offense has been solid, especially considering we're missing D-Mac... defense is another story

I think we're gonna miss Nnamdi more than a lot of us Raiders fans wanted to believe

we were one of the best pass coverage teams last year... we've been terrible in that area this preseason

hopefully getting CJ and Big Rich in there makes a big difference... we're gonna need it

Dec 2, 2006
No knowledgeable person thinks that. Only fans. I'll bet any amount of money they don't. Unless your rich and wanna bet more than I have Haha
I don't bet online. We will be a playoff team in 2011. Any knowledgable fan knows preseason is not the way to guage any team. When it counts for real enjoy the show is all I can say. The Raiders are going to be just fine this year.

Jan 18, 2006
Dont worry we'll get our first win in the next game when it actually counts against the Bronchoes. Mcfadden will be back for sure and i think Schilens will be playing also. Good to see Ford play today. Our D will be better when the season starts trust that.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I dunno about Schilens... is he supposed to be healthy for the opener?

I wouldn't be totally surprised if he doesn't make the roster tomorrow, especially after getting goof WR play from other guys... like Hagan coming out of nowhere

Dec 2, 2006
Schillens won't get cut and will be ready for the opener. This is it for him though. He needs to play some fucking games or he gets axed. Boss is hurt too. With McFadden on the field it changes the way a defense has to play us. Imagine McFadden in the slot and T. Jones as the lone back. Ford and Moore at X and Y. It is a match up nightmare and I have fate Hue will get creative and use all the pieces at his disposal. Heyward-Bey ran some NFL routes tonight and if he can keep doing that he is going to be just fine. He can't rely on just his speed like he did in college and needs to make atleast one move before streaking up the sideline. It showed tonight.

I expect our pass defense to be pretty bad but capable of spurts of good play. Our safety play needs to improve and be some fucking ball hawks. I think they gel as the season goes. McClain seems to have matured and Seymour will make everyone that much better. I am a little worried with our outside backers but think our front four should make them better as well.

We will win games on the offense side of the ball and our defense will get the job done. I am not expecting great, but when it counts they show up....

The Nation is back in case you didn't know, YOU BITCH!

Jun 18, 2005
Schillens won't get cut and will be ready for the opener. This is it for him though. He needs to play some fucking games or he gets axed. Boss is hurt too. With McFadden on the field it changes the way a defense has to play us. Imagine McFadden in the slot and T. Jones as the lone back. Ford and Moore at X and Y. It is a match up nightmare and I have fate Hue will get creative and use all the pieces at his disposal. Heyward-Bey ran some NFL routes tonight and if he can keep doing that he is going to be just fine. He can't rely on just his speed like he did in college and needs to make atleast one move before streaking up the sideline. It showed tonight.

I expect our pass defense to be pretty bad but capable of spurts of good play. Our safety play needs to improve and be some fucking ball hawks. I think they gel as the season goes. McClain seems to have matured and Seymour will make everyone that much better. I am a little worried with our outside backers but think our front four should make them better as well.

We will win games on the offense side of the ball and our defense will get the job done. I am not expecting great, but when it counts they show up....

The Nation is back in case you didn't know, YOU BITCH!

LoLing it 4x's @ this aswell....

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
I don't bet online. We will be a playoff team in 2011. Any knowledgable fan knows preseason is not the way to guage any team. When it counts for real enjoy the show is all I can say. The Raiders are going to be just fine this year.
I'm not gauging it on the preseason I'm gauging it on their roster. They might have the worst secondary ever.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I'm not gauging it on the preseason I'm gauging it on their roster. They might have the worst secondary ever.
I think that's a little extreme... I mean the secondary has not looked good, but the worst ever?

to be fair, we had the second best secondary in the league last year (based on passing yards allowed per game)

and that was with all the same guys minus Nnamdi

I know Nnamdi is great, but I don't think one guy can make your secondary go from the second best in the NFL to the worst ever... but shit, maybe he can

don't get me wrong, I'm worried... and I can admit it looks like we're going to struggle on defense, but we've been missing one of our starting CBs and our best defensive player in Seymour... having those guys out there will help for sure