The OFFICIAL 2010 Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Alright, so 99% of you don't give a fuck about the Steelers, but I'm making this post anyways. Gonna try to keep it all in one thread this season. Jazzo, Vamps, and the other two Steelers fans on this site, time to crawl out of the woodwork and let the games begin!!!

A couple quick questions/comments before the regular season starts:
-How bad is our offensive line?
-Where is Big Ben?
-Yay for the Leftwich injury, let's go Dixon!
-I thought Flozell was good with the Cowboys, WTF happened?
-Let's kill Bruce Arians before the season starts.
-If we lose a starting WR or RB, our season is over.
-Heath Miller is gonna emerge as a star this year.
-New/fresh faces look good....Redman, Sanders, Brown, sometimes even Dwyer. Hope somebody steps it up.
-Mike Wallace - next big thing or next big bust?
-Hines Ward - any signs of age this year?
-Steelers D is back!

Aug 9, 2006
flozell was one of the most overrated linemen in the enitre leauge, when you play on the cowboys you get extra publicty you normally wont get.....WTF happened? im sure he hasnt changed his stance on false starts (one of the pentaliezed linemen in the leauge)

dixon better be ready to run around a lot, that o-line is the weaklink

Mar 16, 2005
i have miller this year in FF I hope you are right!

tell you what, I was rather unimpressed with the steelers starters last week vs Denver.

Aug 9, 2006
flozell was only good at run blocking he would get murdered and burned on pass blocking plus his stupid ass would always have false start penalties
it would seem like he would get em at the worst time like 3rd and 5 in the 4th qt down my 6,

he is the opposite of "clutch" when it comes to linemen, the only reason every1 was on his nuts is cuz he benched rediculos amounts of weight

Stealth

May 8, 2002
I've been unimpressed all offseason. Our line sucks period. Everyone is saying how flozell is deaf in one ear and we ought to give him a pass on his false starts. Pouncey looks good on line, but it's gonna cave all season. We have one established WR (Ward) who is getting up there in age, and one (Wallace), who had some luck as a #3 last year. Aside from that we have Randle El, Arnaz Battle, and two rookies. We're an injury away.

At RB, we have Mendenhall, who I personally hate and does way too many spin moves. If he goes down we have Isaac Redman and Mewelde Moore, who are both talented but not complete backs.

Heath is one of my favorite players in the league. He's a great blocking tight end, but he's an AMAZING receiver. If a ball gets thrown to him, he catches it, no matter what. Really sure hands and great YAC ability. I kept wondering how the Steelers were gonna get away with having no real established WR's, and then I realized that they're opening up the offense and using Miller as a WR. Which is what they should do with him considering he was a 1st round draft pick.

If our receiving corps is mainly focused on Ward, Wallace and Miller, I'll have a whole lot more confidence.

Jun 24, 2006
I was gonna do one of these for the Bengals but i think im their only fan on here so i decided not to. Props for making one though it gets a lil stale here with all the west coast team talk.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Whoops. Damn work computer.

If we lose to the Raiders again this year.....I was gonna say there's no way that's gonna happen....but who the hell knows anymore.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Another Steelers fan right here. was glad when leftwich got hurt last night. GO DIXON
Yeah man, win or lose, Dixon is gonna be exciting to watch. I didn't give two shits when Leftwich went down. Plus we still got Batch. If he can make it four games without breaking his clavicle we'll be cool.

Apr 22, 2002
www.siccness.net
Stealth - Just saw the post..

I'm always confident going into every season. This year, I think I'm most excited about what our rookies are gonna bring..

Pouncey, Brown, Sanders, Sylvester and Worilds..

I like the back field with Redman at FB and Mendenhall behind him. I'm hoping Wallace can make the transition, Ziggy can make an impact, Ward can put together another solid year and the D returns to form..

I agree about Miller having a career year. I think Ben is going to do the same in the 12 games he plays. I expect him to play his ass off..

The opener can't get here soon enough!!

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Vamps, I am LOVING Pouncey so far. It's so nice to finally have a good player on the O-Line. I figure, Ben is only out four games, and he usually never plays a full season anyways. I'll just chalk this up to one of Big Ben's mysterious four week long injuries and treat it the same as every other season. I'm not expecting to win the Baltimore game, but the other three are possible.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
What do you guys think of your division rivals? Ravens might take the division followed by Bengals, both teams have strengthened their squads as well as the Browns getting some good picks in Hardesty/Hadden ect.. Although he (hardesty) is out for the season.