The Karate Kid aka Kung Fu Kid 2010

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Cheaptimes

C'mon now...
Jan 3, 2005
www.twitter.com
if they got an up and comming actor for it, I would of watched it, others need to eat... kids too young too
Ralph Macchio was between 23-25 when he made the first...

fuck this shit! you cant remake this! its a classic you sons of bitches! enough with the raping of our Classics!!!!
Its already been made at least twice, under differnt names, but same damn premise...
Showdown
Never Back Down

is anyone else offended as a I am that Jackie fucking Chan is Mr. Miyagi?????
Why would that offend you?
Maybe youd like it to be Billy Blanks, or that dude from Amistad... theyve both done the role in other B movie remakes of this

im more offended about the kid being black , what kind of shit is that? just because its will smiths kid, who gives a fuck, im mean really , does will smiths kid really need a break? what a bunch of crap
Are you offended by the kid being black, or being Will Smiths kid? Who would have been Weenies kid choice?

May 16, 2002
Yeah last Xmas I got my son the 3 disc set (karate kid 1-3 and not that horrible one with the girl) of the og ones and he liked it. I took both my kids to the new one and it was alright, I didn't think it was a bad movie. I don't mind some of these remakes.
Rule number one in my home is, my kids watch the original versions first. List of movies they've watched (and loved)...

THE ORIGINAL VERSIONS

E.T.

Indiana Jones (trilogy)

Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory

The Goonies

Innerspace

Jaws

The Karate Kid

Gremlins

Back To The Future

A Christmas Story

Superman (trilogy)

Stand By Me

Ghostbusters

Beetlejuice

Just to name a few.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Jackie Chan's cool, but isnt the whole thing supposed to be Japanese themed? or does it not matter? Pat Morita, while not having the martial arts background, at least fit the profile. My whole beef is with the remake in the first place.

edit: oh and Gemini what was A Christmas Story made into?

Jan 7, 2004
I could see people being upset if they were making an EXACT remake, but it's the idea that they are using not an exact copy. The movie would have been horrible if they would have tried to get a look-a-like Myagi and named him Myagi in the movie and a look-a-like Ralph and named him Ralph.(sorry for the possible mispellings and names) They took the idea and re-did it to this day and age. They could have easily called it something else but then they would catch heat for copying the movies idea.

This was not like a Charlies Angel, A-team, Starsky & Hutch type of deal.

This was new characters, new settings, new costumes, new music, same idea.

Dec 7, 2005
Cheaptimes said:
Its already been made at least twice, under differnt names, but same damn premise...
Showdown
Never Back Down
I could see people being upset if they were making an EXACT remake, but it's the idea that they are using not an exact copy. The movie would have been horrible if they would have tried to get a look-a-like Myagi and named him Myagi in the movie and a look-a-like Ralph and named him Ralph.(sorry for the possible mispellings and names) They took the idea and re-did it to this day and age. They could have easily called it something else but then they would catch heat for copying the movies idea.

This was not like a Charlies Angel, A-team, Starsky & Hutch type of deal.

This was new characters, new settings, new costumes, new music, same idea.
THE THING THAT ANNOYS ME THE MOST IS THE TITLE. IT WOULD JUST BE ANOTHER MOVIE THAT I WOULDN'T WATCH, BUT THE FACT THAT THEY SLAPPED "THE KARATE KID" ON IT TO GET TICKET SALES PISSES ME OFF

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Rule number one in my home is, my kids watch the original versions first. List of movies they've watched (and loved)...

THE ORIGINAL VERSIONS

E.T.

Indiana Jones (trilogy)

Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory

The Goonies

Innerspace

Jaws

The Karate Kid

Gremlins

Back To The Future

A Christmas Story

Superman (trilogy)

Stand By Me

Ghostbusters

Beetlejuice

Just to name a few.
lol @ jaws, were your kids trying to go to the beach and you didnt feel like it? Decided to make them not want to go anymore lmao. :cheeky:

Jan 7, 2004
THE THING THAT ANNOYS ME THE MOST IS THE TITLE. IT WOULD JUST BE ANOTHER MOVIE THAT I WOULDN'T WATCH, BUT THE FACT THAT THEY SLAPPED "THE KARATE KID" ON IT TO GET TICKET SALES PISSES ME OFF
Yeah they could have changed the name but the plot/story was way too much the same they would have caught major heat if they tried to sell it as a new movie idea.

im just saying, the original kid was not black,so why would you change it, and im not gonna pick a kid that should have been in this movie instead, but like i said , does will smiths kid really need a break into the movie scene ?, i think not, so why ruin a good movie by changing characters , shits wack IMO
Once again though, this was not a complete remake the kid was not suppose to be Ralph and Chan was not suppose to be Myagi but instead the same type of character not the same person.

I think the movie would have been bad if would have a Myagi look-a-like, I know classics should be left aone but this was a good one IMO. but I understand where people are coming from.

May 16, 2002
lol @ jaws, were your kids trying to go to the beach and you didnt feel like it? Decided to make them not want to go anymore lmao. :cheeky:

LMAO! Bare with me Bro, I'm not bragging (goes with what I'm saying.) We have a 65" t.v. And it's great for Dora the Explorer, Yo Gabba Gabba etc... but when I showed the kids Jaws... everytime the shark actually comes out, or came out all of a sudden the kids would yell, "WHOA!!!!!" LOL!!!!! :devious:

Kind of reminded me of the time we saw "War of the Worlds" at the movies & my son was only 3. I was sitting watching the movie & all of a sudden I hear "Daddy! daddy!" (in a low whispering voice.) I turn around & my son was hiding behind the seats watching the movie through the crack of the seats. And telling me to hide before the machines lazered me LOL!!!!!

Some may see it as wrong, but I see it as great moments in fatherhood. Aside from all that, daddy is always around to let them know it's just a movie.

Sorry to hijack the thread for a moment.

Cheaptimes

C'mon now...
Jan 3, 2005
www.twitter.com
Kind of reminded me of the time we saw "War of the Worlds" at the movies & my son was only 3. I was sitting watching the movie & all of a sudden I hear "Daddy! daddy!" (in a low whispering voice.) I turn around & my son was hiding behind the seats watching the movie through the crack of the seats. And telling me to hide before the machines lazered me LOL!!!!!
Now that is a "cool story, brah" lol:siccness: