The Hyphy movement is startin to hit Florida

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 27, 2006
theres only a selected few that messes it all up for us..niggas just need keep they mouth shut, and stop talking down on other places or thinking that they are stealing our phrases and dances..as long as they know where it came from
shits all hood

ArYo

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2002
hey slowpoke whats up with the quote bout sac. no one seemed to mind bout sac bein grouped in with the bay back when lynch, raided and bo were doin their thang. its all love though.

Mar 1, 2005
i came down to Socal and partied at V2o in Long Beach this past weekend and they were bumpin E40, too short and people were wildin out .....dats all i could remember though, there were prolly more bay songs but i prolly forgot...

Oct 19, 2004
R-Tistic said:
As some of y'all know, I go to school at Florida A&M in Tallahassee, and damn, the hyphy shit is catchin on a lot out here. It's about 20 dudes out here from The Bay who are always at diff parties here, and a DJ named DJ X from Florida who's homeboy is from Frisco and he is always playin new Bay tracks at the club. Even though most people in Florida have only seen the video for "Tell me when to go", a whole lot of them try to do the Bay dances whenever the song is on. A lotta people do the Thizzle dance out here, and they do it to whatever song comes on. It's a lot of us from L.A. out here, and when Bay songs come on, we do the dances, and when L.A. songs come on, they do what we do, so it's all love.

So yeah....the shit is really movin. Only thing is that I feel some of y'all should be open to seein other people do ya dances, even if they look silly doin em. Some of my Bay homeboys hate seein people out here do these danes, and they call them imposters and all else, but I feel a movement will never grow if it only stays local. I used to be the same way about seein people try to clown dance and clown/crip walk, but now I don't care at all. The fact that they do California dances means that we are doin somethin right, so we can't knock it.

The hyphy movement been poppin out there. My sister and hella of my homies just graduated from there. I used to be out there all the time when I was goin to school in ATL. The bay is definitely in the billin out there.

Jul 28, 2003
www.twitter.com
threefoe said:
The hyphy movement been poppin out there. My sister and hella of my homies just graduated from there. I used to be out there all the time when I was goin to school in ATL. The bay is definitely in the billin out there.
From what I hear, it has been poppin for a while in South Florida, such as Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. It didn't get poppin like this in North Florida (Tallahassee) until recently. I know ATL had it because it's always hella Bay cats at Morehouse and Clark. They had never played a new Bay song in the club until December 2005 out here, and then the next month, I heard three songs in one night from the Bay at a major club. They played Super Hyphy, Tell me when to go, and Super sicc wit it.

You are probably familiar with the parties that Alphas throw at most schools called the Gorilla Thrilla, and that shit is always anticipated a lot every year. I know the DJ doin it this year, so I am gonna get him to play at least 3 hyphy songs, along with 1-2 new L.A. songs that will work at a party.