The Hyphy movement is startin to hit Florida

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 28, 2003
www.twitter.com
As some of y'all know, I go to school at Florida A&M in Tallahassee, and damn, the hyphy shit is catchin on a lot out here. It's about 20 dudes out here from The Bay who are always at diff parties here, and a DJ named DJ X from Florida who's homeboy is from Frisco and he is always playin new Bay tracks at the club. Even though most people in Florida have only seen the video for "Tell me when to go", a whole lot of them try to do the Bay dances whenever the song is on. A lotta people do the Thizzle dance out here, and they do it to whatever song comes on. It's a lot of us from L.A. out here, and when Bay songs come on, we do the dances, and when L.A. songs come on, they do what we do, so it's all love.

So yeah....the shit is really movin. Only thing is that I feel some of y'all should be open to seein other people do ya dances, even if they look silly doin em. Some of my Bay homeboys hate seein people out here do these danes, and they call them imposters and all else, but I feel a movement will never grow if it only stays local. I used to be the same way about seein people try to clown dance and clown/crip walk, but now I don't care at all. The fact that they do California dances means that we are doin somethin right, so we can't knock it.

Dec 9, 2005
R-Tistic said:
they call them imposters and all else, but I feel a movement will never grow if it only stays local. The fact that they do California dances means that we are doin somethin right, so we can't knock it.

Exactamundo.

Cats always waiting on Bay culture to hit the limelight...and when it starts to...they say everybodys biting our shit !

Duhhhhh !! Wasn't that the fuckin point !! lol

Feb 10, 2006
yeah.. thats all good news for us. That hyphy movement is like a wildfire. I was in Seattle and Portland last Summer at the mall goin shopping. I had my BayArea shirt on and it was trippin me out hearin lil kids sayin "yadidamean" everywhere I walked! FYE in portland had a whole rack with nothin but Mac Dre shit. Shit was crazy

Jul 28, 2003
www.twitter.com
MOREBASS said:
Exactamundo.

Cats always waiting on Bay culture to hit the limelight...and when it starts to...they say everybodys biting our shit !

Duhhhhh !! Wasn't that the fuckin point !! lol
LMAO...yeah, ONLY California people seem to hate when people do their dances. Nobody from Harlem cared when anybody else did the Harlem Shake, nobody in Atl cares that everybody leans and snaps and was ATL stompin, and nobody in Florida cares when you do all of their different dances. So we just gotta realize that somethin's never gonna grow without people "copyin" the dances, and if they do it wrong, at least people can tell you are authentic and from CA when you do it right.

Dec 9, 2005
^^ Real talk ^^

'Imitation is the highest form of flattery'

When everyone was talking about how they wanted The Bay to blow...realistically, I'm sure we all knew that that didn't mean overnight Platinum success ( most of us at least )

But more importantly...that we could start getting the RECOGNITION we deserve...and its happening right now...

Good to hear tho...

Feb 26, 2006
im pushing this hyphy shit in arkansas, its getting known everywhere now, this guy that owns a clothing store down here had rest in paradise mac dre shirts and he didnt even know what the hell he was selling but i still bought one 7 bucks, i got all my friends ghostridin they shit now

Feb 25, 2006
LiqrSicc said:
yeah.. thats all good news for us. That hyphy movement is like a wildfire. I was in Seattle and Portland last Summer at the mall goin shopping. I had my BayArea shirt on and it was trippin me out hearin lil kids sayin "yadidamean" everywhere I walked! FYE in portland had a whole rack with nothin but Mac Dre shit. Shit was crazy
yeah, portland support bay ish...that foo Coolnutz from Portland and used to fuck w/ Dre...

Apr 18, 2005
i have a sn0w white homeboy that went to florida for cheer leading finals... that muhphucka said he was turfin n evryone was lookin at him hella stoopid...