The Five Stages of Collapse

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
so you have understood that we have to aim for decrease in population and this is urgent?
I've always suggested the majority of the population was going to die off in some 'event', the only thing I have a problem with is how it's done. Should it be by nature, by mans stupidity (nuclear war) or a self imposed 'purging' (which you probably agree with.)

My take on all of this is doom and gloom with a shimmer of hope only after so much has been lost.

Oct 6, 2005
I'll ammend my position and say that we are in the middle of stages 1,2, & 3
I just don't see that at all... While the markets are unstable I don't believe people have "lost faith" in them... Not yet... And most people haven't lost faith in government... Not yet... We're still watching debates on t.v. and preparing to elect a new president... So politics, politicians, and government are still quite relevant... It doesn't appear that we've moved past stage 1...

Jul 10, 2002
Talk to anyone who was getting ready to retire in the next 2-5 years, they've lost faith in both markets and politics.

A cuban buddy of mine down in Miami who was a staunch republican, simply b/c of the affilition of the party with Reagan and breaking communisim (tru or not), as well as their platform on biz. & taxes. has lost ALL faith in the afforementioned.

Anyone who has a clue of what's going on can see that what's on TV is not 'debate's but rhetoric and talking points. Granted there are some optimists, most of those who haven't lost faith simply doesn't have any idea of what's actually going on.

Oct 6, 2005
I understand what you're saying but it just doesn't hold true to stages 2 & 3... Regardless of how anyone views the markets... We just haven't had a "commercial collapse"... Not yet... BTW... The dollar has actually been getting stronger... And in terms of the debates (or politics) we just simply have not had a "political collapse"...

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I understand what you're saying but it just doesn't hold true to stages 2 & 3... Regardless of how anyone views the markets... We just haven't had a "commercial collapse"... Not yet... BTW... The dollar has actually been getting stronger... And in terms of the debates (or politics) we just simply have not had a "political collapse"...
So are you saying we aren't experiencing these things to some degree?

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
So how do you explain the mess going on in the stock market? Also, and this is very important to me, how do you explain the rise in gold prices, and why I can't even find silver? Not to mention, if I do find it, I have to pay a premium? How do you explain the fact that bullion is being horded as we speak?

Also, what is your take on retail stores such as Mervyns closing a vast number of stores, Starbucks closing a vast number of stores, home construction taking a dive and many car dealerships closing?

Finally, why is it that certain dry foods, and foods that would be good for 'survival' have flown off the shelf during the past two years.

All of this relates to stage 2.

Let's move on to stage 3. Are you saying we aren't experiencing any political collapse? The threads in this forum suggest otherwise.

In closing, may take is we're experiencing different aspects of each phase but we haven't completed any one phase just yet.

Apr 27, 2005
So how do you explain the mess going on in the stock market? Also, and this is very important to me, how do you explain the rise in gold prices, and why I can't even find silver? Not to mention, if I do find it, I have to pay a premium? How do you explain the fact that bullion is being horded as we speak?
Where can we buy Gold/Silver?

Dec 23, 2005
look online for "bullion" coins....or craigslist or any local coin store. I got 5 oz of silver. Just bought a Sig Sauer 556 rifle and about to buy some gold next but it is expensive and like Hersey said It is being horded.

Oct 6, 2005
The stock market fluctuates... That's the nature of the beast... It's a risk, a gamble... We all forget about that until it dives... And I'm not sure why the price of gold is rising or reasons why silver is hard to find... Now, perhaps bullion is being horded (that's always the case with precious metals) but our dollar is/was actually getting stronger...

Also, what is your take on retail stores such as Mervyns closing a vast number of stores, Starbucks closing a vast number of stores, home construction taking a dive and many car dealerships closing?
I wasn't aware that Mervyns was closing stores... But Starbucks Inc. just got to damn big to sustain it's self... Their business model was crazy... Four starbucks in one, 6 block, neighborhood... Flat out dumb... And home construction is taking a dive 'cause the housing market tanked... The loss of car dealerships is crazy... But most of these things are consistent with any recession...

Finally, why is it that certain dry foods, and foods that would be good for 'survival' have flown off the shelf during the past two years.
Certain dry foods may be flying off of selves but they are still widely available... Scarcity is not yet the norm...

All of this relates to stage 2
Agreed... They do relate but they don't define it...

Let's move on to stage 3. Are you saying we aren't experiencing any political collapse? The threads in this forum suggest otherwise.
We are not experiencing political collapse as defined by stage 3...

In closing, may take is we're experiencing different aspects of each phase but we haven't completed any one phase just yet.
I understand where you're coming from... Don't agree though...

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
I am absolutely serious

At stage 5 all that matters is whether you have food and shelter. Gold is valuable only because it shines and it's rare, and because we have food and shelter so that we can afford to value rare metals. But if you don't have these things and nobody around you does, gold is worthless. And remember, this will not be a return to the tribal prehistoric and early historic times because this time we will not have an intact ecosystem to support us...

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
The stock market fluctuates... That's the nature of the beast... It's a risk, a gamble... We all forget about that until it dives... And I'm not sure why the price of gold is rising or reasons why silver is hard to find... Now, perhaps bullion is being horded (that's always the case with precious metals) but our dollar is/was actually getting stronger...
No, we don't all forget about it until it dives. Yes, stocks are a gamble, but what's going on in the stock market is far from "the nature of the beast." Concerning gold and silver, they are being snatched up right now regardless and people aren't saying no even if there is a premium. In regards to the dollar, how long will be strong or continue to climb? Too much shit going on, I can't have my shit tied up in american paper.

I wasn't aware that Mervyns was closing stores... But Starbucks Inc. just got to damn big to sustain it's self... Their business model was crazy... Four starbucks in one, 6 block, neighborhood... Flat out dumb... And home construction is taking a dive 'cause the housing market tanked... The loss of car dealerships is crazy... But most of these things are consistent with any recession...
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-mervyns14-2008aug14,0,7883819.story

So if these things are consistent with recession, and we are in a recession, how can you say we aren't experiencing number 2 in some capacity?

Certain dry foods may be flying off of selves but they are still widely available... Scarcity is not yet the norm...
Scaracity for QUALITY is the norm. Do you have any dried foods? Where have you purchased from?

Agreed... They do relate but they don't define it...
Because there are too many variables to actually define any of this. However, what would you say defines it? I gave limited examples, and I'm sure if I want to spend the time I can go ahead and add more info, but it's on you pimpin. You tell us what defines it I'm all ears.

We are not experiencing political collapse as defined by stage 3...
Sure it is, just right now it's more of an individual (micro) thing than a macro (whole communities and states.) In fact, we've actually taken the first step towards this with the governments interventionw ith this bail out. When it fails, and it will fail, it's basically every man for himself (and it's damn near already like that now.)

I understand where you're coming from... Don't agree though...
No problem cuzzo, we are all entitled to our opinions.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I am absolutely serious
:SMH: The hardships of 1 and 2 are minimal if you have tangibles.

At stage 5 all that matters is whether you have food and shelter. Gold is valuable only because it shines and it's rare, and because we have food and shelter so that we can afford to value rare metals.
How do you expect to get food and shelter? With paper money?

If we aren't bartering services for services (or goods), you will need metals. You can disregard this fact all you want but it has been this way for thousands of years.

And remember, this will not be a return to the tribal prehistoric and early historic times because this time we will not have an intact ecosystem to support us...
I don't think we're talking about the same thing. How come we won't have our ecosystem intact?