The Fall of Troy news

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Read a bunch of stuff over the past week so I figured I'd post it all...

Tim's suffering from exhaustion so he dropped off the rest of the tour with Coheed, they have a replacement guy to fill in. Thomas said it isn't like the last time where they had to take time apart to stay together as a band, Tim just couldn't keep going.

And the good news. Supposedly there's going to be some new stuff this year before they get to work on Phantoms On the Horizon. Either 2 EPs; 1 all heavy shit and 1 with no screaming, or an LP of both if Equal Vision wants it that way. And here's a brand new song they played for the first time on friday night. It's called Battleship Graveyard

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
1. Phantoms is all the Ghost Ships, re-recorded. Last time I heard it's going to be around 8 tracks, 4 were on the demos and 1 was on Manipulator.

2. I talked to Andrew about it the last time they were in town and he said there isn't going to be a #12/TFOT split until #12 get off of their label. He said they were in talks with EVR, which would make it a lot easier to put it out, but alas they're still on Eyeball so it's not going to happen until they aren't.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
You know what why RJ? I know people who know Tim and I've heard he is a pretty big druggy, but then who in bands aren't for the most part? lol

He was a decent bassist but he can be replaced. Thom more or less is TFOT anyways.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Yeah I heard the other day that Thomas writes all the bass lines. I have no idea why, I know Tim was a pretty big scumbag, seemed like a nice guy though. Andrew and Thomas seemed a lot more level headed than him, might have been a case of them growing up and getting sick of Tim always being such a weirdo.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
lol seriously that woulda been the best song on the album.

Thom's giving off a front man syndrome vibe now, I don't really like it. But at least we get 2 EPs, the heavy one is gonna be so sick.
And I was laughing at the Chiodos part because when I got to hang with them last year we had a huge argument with Andrew and I saying Radley Bell from Chiodos is the best keyboardist on the scene these days and Thomas was saying Lord Gold from HORSE was.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Soo I got drunk and hinted at this the other night, but now the date's are starting go up on websites so I think it's alright for me to spoil it.

April/May US Tour
The Fall of Troy
The Dear Hunter
Tera Melos
Foxy Shazam

gonna be fucking sweeeeeet

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
Ok cause Dopplegagner is the only one I havent gotten yet. I'm slow at listening to bands discographies that have multiple albums out "before" i get into them, simply because I can listen to an album 100 times and not get bored of it. So I like to soak the bands in w/ their albums one at a time.

i'll prob buy Dopple today.