the DEFINITIVE Tech re-make thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu
The many instances of Tech's unoriginality mega thread.
Like he's the first to take the words and sounds from anther artist, incorporate it into their music, and make it their own.

By the logic your using, every producer that has ever sampled or done an interpolation of an older song - from Dre to Premier to Quik to ______ - is "unoriginal".

Nov 14, 2002
Catching references to weird song and movie references is a large reason why I like some of Tech's shit.

That "You're funny man... I like you" or whatever the fuck the line was, from whatever song that was (I still haven't listened to the album all the way through, paying any attention), was a great reference.

It's old enough to be clever, but it makes me feel like maybe Tech wrote the shit on the bus and someone had the DVD playing at the time, and it's funny to think of Tech trying to write with Old School in the background.

Nov 17, 2006
Catching references to weird song and movie references is a large reason why I like some of Tech's shit.

That "You're funny man... I like you" or whatever the fuck the line was, from whatever song that was (I still haven't listened to the album all the way through, paying any attention), was a great reference.

It's old enough to be clever, but it makes me feel like maybe Tech wrote the shit on the bus and someone had the DVD playing at the time, and it's funny to think of Tech trying to write with Old School in the background.
I agree. It's just Tech's way of showing that he's a huge movie buff. Myself being a huge movie fan as well, who loves quoting lines from movies.. I enjoy when Tech does it too. I'd probably do the same thing if I was a rapper.

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com

It's "Am I A Psycho"... I caught that the other day when listening to it. Will Ferrell's part when he gets hit with a tranquilizer dart. lol

"I like you, but you're crazy"

Feb 1, 2006
Tech N9ne lyrics lifted from other songs

I'm NOT saying he's biting but what are some of the lyrics he has used that came from another song? I'm not talking shit, just curious

Tech: Yada Yada Yada -
used to be my homey, used to be my ace,
yellin' you gon slap the taste out my mouth"

Dr. Dre: Fuck Wit Dre Day
Used to be my homey, used to be my ace
Now I wanna slap the taste out yo mouth

Stuff like that